Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (H)

L/H White

Blackpool getting 11k? Fair fucks. 

When we played them in the early rounds of the EFL cup a few years back they barely had 300 on.

No advertising hoardings. Hardly any home fans and 2 completely closed stands. Was bleak. 

Bolton sold out and still fucking lost! 🤣 

• Members
21 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Blackpool getting 11k? Fair fucks. 

When we played them in the early rounds of the EFL cup a few years back they barely had 300 on.

No advertising hoardings. Hardly any home fans and 2 completely closed stands. Was bleak. 

Bolton sold out and still fucking lost! 🤣 

Did it go to Extra time?

• Members
4 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Yeah I think so. Kayne woolery scored for us IIRC 

Then we lost. 

It was August but by full time it was fucking Baltic. 

god awful game. We scored a late equaliser I cheered then realised we were gonna get 30 more painful minutes 

Just now, Marc505 said:

That was during their boycotts IIRC, it was a very strange experience. 

It was. 

I don't think we got anywhere near there during our troubles.

Best we got in LOV was "there's no quiz today because the microphone and PA system has been repossessed" 

Or a guy who had brought his wife and 2 lads for his sons birthday, paid probably 200 for the privilege only to find out catering wasn't on when he turned up so had to go to KFC on middlebrook and bring it in to the LOV! 🤣 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Blackpool's gate last night was just over 11,000 as have been all their home games this season. That's actually not bad for them! 

Dunno how many but Huddersfield did their bit selling out the away end 

sOQjPIH.jpg

14 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It was. 

I don't think we got anywhere near there during our troubles.

Best we got in LOV was "there's no quiz today because the microphone and PA system has been repossessed

Or a guy who had brought his wife and 2 lads for his sons birthday, paid probably 200 for the privilege only to find out catering wasn't on when he turned up so had to go to KFC on middlebrook and bring it in to the LOV! 🤣 

Absolute Phoenix Nights levels that 🤣 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, burnden said:

Always makes me chuckle thinking about being at Blackpool and seeing the full Watson @barryk32 family being marched out laughing and waving  

Thats family bonding pal.  None off this trips to the zoo bullshit.  If your not being thrown out of a football stadium and threatened with arrest as a family youre playing at it.  We got thrown out of a pub earlier for giving my lad a WKD too.

They were threatening all sorts unless we told them where we got our tickets from.  My eldest got a life lesson on not grassing your mates up.  Our resident donkey botherer was safe as houses.