Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (H)

L/H White

Just now, Cheese said:

Where would they go though?

You never watched Phil & Kirsty? Just knock loads of walls down. 

I do think the outside space is very much under utilised though. Get it fenced off during the first half and get a few outside bars sorted. You’d think no bugger would use them during the winter, but these people weren’t stood drinking beer outside the away end at Peterborough the week before Christmas. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zico said:

And? 

I don't eat or drink at the match 

But its not beyond the realms there could be a fanzone doing nice food and beer 

Seems there's a demand for it

Just saying. Comparing the facilities at the Reebok to those of a brand new £1.2Billion Premier League stadium is a bit daft. That's all.

I agree it should be better, but these things don't happen overnight.

14 minutes ago, Traf said:

Kiosks aren't fit for purpose.
Not wide enough, nor deep enough for starters.

Think the best set up I have seen was at Doncaster races,  a line of kids non stop pouring pints at the back and a line of kids in front if them taking the order/money,  pass the customer the pints and job done,   be even quicker now with contactless.    I,ll bell shaz in the morning.  

18 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What would be your plan if you were tasked with serving a couple of thousand people in a 15 minute window, once or twice a week?

When we were in the PL and averaging over 26k a game it was nothing like as bad as it is now. So your point doesn't really hold much water when crowds are now way lower

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Suppose not. But bottles take up a lot more space, and people would still complain about it being too warm. It's an unsolvable conundrum.

I believe other clubs do it and as I mentioned earlier it was card payments and bottles only at the Rod Stewart event at the Unibolt a couple of years back. Drinks were cold and queues were short. There is no conundrum that doesn't have a solution

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

When we were in the PL and averaging over 26k a game it was nothing like as bad as it is now. So your point doesn't really hold much water when crowds are now way lower

Give them a chance. This is our first season back in the ground since FV took over!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, tkonion said:

I believe other clubs do it and as I mentioned earlier it was card payments and bottles only at the Rod Stewart event at the Unibolt a couple of years back. Drinks were cold and queues were short. There is no conundrum that doesn't have a solution

I'm sure we'll get back to being served shit beer more quickly in the near future.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Just saying. Comparing the facilities at the Reebok to those of a brand new £1.2Billion Premier League stadium is a bit daft. That's all.

I agree it should be better, but these things don't happen overnight.

Aye, i wasn't suggesting we need to be more like Grimsby either, or more to the point, I'm not envious, it just looks nice 

Agree these things don't happen overnight, they don't appear to happen over 25 years either, it's always been shite food and beer

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Aye, i wasn't comparing us to Grimsby either, or more to the point, I'm not envious, it just looks nice 

Agree these things don't happen overnight, they don't appear to happen over 25 years either, it's always been shite food and beer

Apparently it was all amazing when we were in the Prem though... No queues, lovely pint, efficient staff... 🤨

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Apparently it was all amazing when we were in the Prem though... No queues, lovely pint, efficient staff... 🤨

I don't believe anyone has ever said that  

Not even at a Papa Johns match

23 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes bit of re jigging job done

plenty of grounds have managed their concourse space much better than we do 

Said it before. The Massives are fucking brilliant at it. Brother has a ST. Times I’ve been with him. 44 mins bob down for a pint. Small kiosk serving nowt but ale (food/snacks/soft drinks served in different kiosks). 3 folk on it. About 20 pints sat there waiting for a top up. First folk start appearing, bang, the machine starts, one fills pints to near top, another one takes order, third one finishes pints off. Queues move quickly and everyone back in seats for second half. It really isn’t that difficult. For the price of a few extra minimum wages they are shifting a shed load of extra pints at £5 a go

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I don't believe anyone has ever said that  

Not even at a Papa Johns match

I was being sarcastic. Getting a beer at half time has always been shit, and always will be. It's just one of those things.