Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (H)

L/H White

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Wasn't perfect, just better than it is now.

I think most on here have trust in Sharon and the club to sort it.

At the end of the day you want a positive experience, some might not come back, hospitality is a big part of the match day package to some, not me, but for newcomers it could make the difference to them if they come back or not.

Agreed. 👍

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Good point, but it's the Pun that wins.

John Stones'

Not sure Kiosko was a pun, probably just Trafs phone auto corrected to that when he typed the name correctly, my phone always changed it to Peter Kiosk for me.

Frank Worthingtons.

• Site Supporter

I’m fairly sure the bars used to be run by whoever was running the hotel catering. Either deVeres or Paul Heathcote. This meant a fully trained and qualified catering manager would be responsible for stocking, staffing, (including training), etc.

Obviously there will still be a BWFC employee who will have taken responsibility for these areas but if they’ve been employed to run the hotel, they may have decided matchday catering is secondary to the efficient running of the hotel catering. After all, it’s only open once or twice a fortnight. 

As an aside, and perhaps @victor meldrew could be my consultant here,

If a bar is open 7 days a week it’s usual for that bar to have a weekly beer-line cleaning regime. What if it only opens once or twice a fortnight? I don’t reckon they’d be cleaning beer-lines after every game which, if your next game is in two weeks, is required.

• Site Supporter

One of these 2 fellas announced yesterday is all about improving match day experiences and therefore increasing crowds.

Theyll be all over people’s concerns, they’ll be well aware the areas where the club is failing.

I suspect it might even take until the close season until something really drastic happens but my guess is we see gradual improvements as the season goes on.

Anyway - 4-2

12 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Looking forward to today. Great feeling just like it was as a teenager (many years ago!) heading down to Burnden Park. Popping into Manchester for a few pre match beers. COYWM

Aye same really looking forward to this hopefully we get a good result and we get a few non season ticket holders catching on

if I didn’t have the family coming I’d have come Manc for a few maybe next time

All this nonsense about catering.

If it really is that bad then don’t queue. Surely you can wait until after the game for a pint?

For anything non-alcoholic and food/snacks etc, then just take them in yourself. Easy, just a little bit of planning involved.

Anyway the only thing that matters in football is the 3 points. 

There was no complaining under BSA when we were grinding out 1 nils against the big boys in the PL.

😎

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

no you can't , premium world beer only.

anyone drinking beer after 5pm on a cruise is a peasant

Assume you go on the cocktails after 5pm?

Complan with a dash of Sherry, something like that? All gathered round a wireless dancing to Vera Lynn bangers.

It’s absolute vindication for the efforts of FV, all you boys who’ve stuck at it with season tickets in the dark times and shoved the hard miles in fully expecting the inevitable tanking. A special day for the club and the town today to see the place rocking and no far off packed. Let hope we get the 3 points

i genuinely think Sharon might shed a tear today when she sees and hears it. 

Just now, Escobarp said:

It’s absolute vindication for the efforts of FV, all you boys who’ve stuck at it with season tickets in the dark times and shoved the hard miles in fully expecting the inevitable tanking. A special day for the club and the town today to see the place rocking and no far off packed. Let hope we get the 3 points

i genuinely think Sharon might shed a tear today when she sees and hears it. 

Well said jock