Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rotherham (H)

L/H White

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Is there actually any need for that response?

I hate family freebie days.

80th min today people were flocking out, the people left were the people you'll see in December v Wycombe. Dressed in 4 layers, travelling for miles, but actually wanting to be there.

Not being able to get in the hotel at 1-40 gets on my nerves.

30 minutes queue for a carling at the bowling alley gets on my nerves.

ok we lost, but possession, shots and corners were better than them.

we switched off at 2 set pieces, great finish for the first.

we won’t win the league and the way we have started, folk seem to think we will get promoted.

wake up, we will be fine and finish top half.

Edited by marple whites

For Bolton to be promoted I think they need to sign better attacking players.

In my opinion Sarcevic, Doyle and Isgrove are no better than average tier 3 players.Afolayan is the standard needed, I haven't made my mind up on Sheehan yet.

I think the manager also needs to improve.Well drilled teams don't ship in soft goals from corners like the second goal conceded yesterday.Wigan beat Rotherham 1-0 at home.They aren't top of the league only because the likes of McClean and Wyke are better attacking players than Bolton have but also because their manager organises them better defensively than Evatt does.

Thought they were basically huff and puff and shithousing but even so won comfortably.

We score one of the earlier chances and it's a totally different game but it doesn't take a tactical genius in the opposition technical area to know how to make it hard for us.

First time I'd seen a squirrel in the ground yesterday.

I think we are probably the best footballing side in the division, but unfortunately that alone doesn't win matches. We need to be much better at taking chances, we get plenty, and I don't think Santos is as dominant as last season. Gordon is prone to mistakes. Johnson does well enough but I think Baptists is better to play alongside Santos with his experience. Afolayan definitely needs more protection from refs. He's targeted every week.

8 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I hate family freebie days.

80th min today people were flocking out, the people left were the people you'll see in December v Wycombe. Dressed in 4 layers, travelling for miles, but actually wanting to be there.

I left on 86 mins and was parked on the Middlebrook.

Still took me 20 mins to get onto the M61.

When the game is lost, then why stay and end up queueing for at least an hour, possibly longer yesterday.

Madness in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, marple whites said:

Not being able to get in the hotel at 1-40 gets on my nerves.

30 minutes queue for a carling at the bowling alley gets on my nerves.

ok we lost, but possession, shots and corners were better than them.

we switched off at 2 set pieces, great finish for the first.

we won’t win the league and the way we have started, folk seem to think we will get promoted.

wake up, we will be fine and finish top half.

That’s the problem now they can’t deal with the numbers don’t forget scotts went so it will have a knock on effect everywhere

once the weather changes folk won’t bother as much

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

For Bolton to be promoted I think they need to sign better attacking players.

In my opinion Sarcevic, Doyle and Isgrove are no better than average tier 3 players.Afolayan is the standard needed, I haven't made my mind up on Sheehan yet.

I think the manager also needs to improve.Well drilled teams don't ship in soft goals from corners like the second goal conceded yesterday.Wigan beat Rotherham 1-0 at home.They aren't top of the league only because the likes of McClean and Wyke are better attacking players than Bolton have but also because their manager organises them better defensively than Evatt does.

Admittedly our defence needs tightening up, but to say Evatt needs to improve is just ridiculous.

We lost to a well drilled savvy side, it will happen from time to time. It’s how we react to the defeat that will show how far we’ve come in a short space of time.

• Members
36 minutes ago, captainmed said:

I left on 86 mins and was parked on the Middlebrook.

Still took me 20 mins to get onto the M61.

When the game is lost, then why stay and end up queueing for at least an hour, possibly longer yesterday.

Madness in my opinion. 

Dunno, maybe to support your team? Plenty of matches have 2 goals put in in the last 10 mins or so. Everyone is so much in a rush these days. 

• Members

I thinnk IE and Chris Markham are well on top of what personel we need upgrading , the recruitment in the main since they have been here has been excellent i see no reason why that won't continue .......I thought if we could have brought bakayoko on yesterday it would have given up a more direct outlet..he will be back soon and we have Amechi to come back as well .... Things are Still very much  positive for me ....as esco says further up we are the best we have been for years.

Edited by burnden

our issue is in and around the box, we seem clueless

Cambridge, Burton and Rotherham we've dominated the ball and done nothing with it

it's just frustrating

Bakayokos return excites me

(yes we scored 5 against ipswich, but they are very bad.  Its the well organised sides we cant breakdown)

Edited by L/H White

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

our issue is in and around the box, we seem clueless

Cambridge, Burton and Rotherham we've dominated the ball and done nothing with it

it's just frustrating

Bakayokos return excites me

The weird bit was having Kachunga, Dapo and Isgrove all on the field, yet the only width was being offered by Jones and to a lesser extent Gordon. God knows why we weren’t giving Dapo the ball at every opportunity once their right back was on a booking. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The weird bit was having Kachunga, Dapo and Isgrove all on the field, yet the only width was being offered by Jones and to a lesser extent Gordon. God knows why we weren’t giving Dapo the ball at every opportunity once their right back was on a booking. 

I thought completely the opposite. They did a job on Dapo and I think his head had gone yet we kept trying it time after time 

2 minutes ago, tomski said:

Beaten by a well organised side. They fully deserved the points. 

We will lose games in this division, this was one of them. Roll on next game.

Nothing to worry about for me. Excited for Amaechi and Bakayoko to return also.

Pretty much where I’m at

do think there’s too much praise for Rotherham though well organised but no better than Oxford or Mk

we need them lads back ASAP 

• Members
2 minutes ago, tomski said:

They did a job on Dapo and I think his head had gone yet we kept trying it time after time 

Thought the same , dapo needed to switch sides more yesterday they deffo targeted stopping him playing and it worked to a tee for them.

8 minutes ago, tomski said:

I thought completely the opposite. They did a job on Dapo and I think his head had gone yet we kept trying it time after time 

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

Thought the same , dapo needed to switch sides more yesterday they deffo targeted stopping him playing and it worked to a tee for them.

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Rotherham did a great job of isolating Dapo

Other managers will look at that with him being our main threat

Don’t get me wrong they did a great job of doubling him on him late on, I just thought he’d have been able to draw that one last foul from the right back (who admittedly had about four ‘final’ warnings before he actually got booked). Although I must say you’d have thought the players they were dedicating to Dapo would have opened up the space elsewhere but it still all felt really narrow. 

Disappointing yesterday but we still created chances and if Doylers had gone in or George’s had stood it would have been a game changer. I didn’t think Rotherham were anything special and our build up play was again excellent. We do need a bit more up top but I’m sure IE and CM are working on it.