Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (a)

L/H White

I don't think we were lucky at all playing Ipswich when we did.  It was inevitable they were going to start winning after the squad they'd assembled and it was perfectly set up for us to be the fall guys.  Thankfully, we were too good and they won next time out instead at Lincoln.

It's better this Saturday.  Few neutrals will give us a chance.  We might surprise one or two.

1 hour ago, Whitesince63 said:

You just never know Mantra, this may be the point Sunderland slip a bit (clutches at straws!) from over confidence? I think we were lucky playing Ipswich when we did so let’s hope we can carry that on with some of the others? Like you I’d be more than happy with a point on Saturday.

Sunderland threw away a 2 goal lead at Fleetwood last time out; far from unbeatable. Their fans are quick to turn on them if all is not going well. A point, at least.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

Sunderland will get a backlash against us, big pitch can spread the play really wide. I fear for us being completely overran if Sheehan and Sarcevic play together. Has to be Lee MJ & Sarc for me 

Agree, that Lee should play.

Personally, I'd like sheehan to play further forward, as I like his passing and vision which would crucial in getting attacks going.

Don't think Evatt would drop the captain though.

Could do with a more vocal, authoritative leader type shouting too.

• Members
17 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Personally, I'd like sheehan to play further forward, as I like his passing and vision which would crucial in getting attacks going.

Sarc to start Sheehan can change a game 

• Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

These prematch interviews are all basically the same. He doesn't reveal much, understandably, and the interviewer just bowls him a few slow ones to knock away gently.

Meh.

I’ve stopped watching them

5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Agree with playing Lee with MJ, we look much more solid with them together but I don’t think that he’ll drop the skipper either. Do you think he could maybe go without a right winger and let Josh move up further with Sarce instead?

• Members
59 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Agree with playing Lee with MJ, we look much more solid with them together but I don’t think that he’ll drop the skipper either. Do you think he could maybe go without a right winger and let Josh move up further with Sarce instead?

Nah he won’t change or he’ll go round pegs in round holes 

• Members
32 minutes ago, Zico said:

I can't be arsed with any of it unless it's highlights

"Inside lostock" 

No thanks

That’s why the press conferences in the PL are good questions are asked from all journos not just regurgitated soundbites

43 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Personally don’t think we will get anything from this game.

hope I’m wrong.

Think playing away suits us and I don’t expect Sunderland to sit back on Saturday so we might be able to play round them, would like to see DJ and More importantly Bakayoko back and that would give us a better chance. I’ll take a draw for sure, but don’t rule out us nicking it. 🤞

• Members
30 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

When the beat Accrington 2 weeks ago, there were 41 shots on goal in the game, Accrington had 20 of them.

I believe they like to attack but are open at the back. I’m going for a 4-4 draw

0-0 it is then 😂