Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sunderland (a)

L/H White

8 hours ago, Rudy said:

We’ll win this league

I've been paying particular attention to your posts as you are working in football and that allows insight that I don't believe all that many of us have. I'm very curious to know why you are so confident that this season will be a promotion season. What about this side has you convinced? If you tell me then I can repeat that to my Dad and look smart. Cheers.

12 hours ago, Rudy said:

Get to Las Palmas you Munich fuck

Why send him there? It's a thriving cosmopolitan city, it's been voted the city with the World's best climate AND the World's best urban beach...

Don't you mean the island of La Palma and the bone-melting lava flowing from a fissure on Cumbre Vieja?

I think Rog thinks he's a White, but is one of those vomit-inducing rare cases of a white dot surrounded by red shit, like the flag of Japan in negative.

He probably has spent a lifetime in The Bishop Blaize rationally discussing and analysing Műnchen; players, tactics, potential signings, who they should get rid of, upcoming and past games, 'The Class of 92', The 'Babes' etc. with his Műnchen mates...

I have a few red vermin who slipped the net, either by longstanding bonds (i.e. they liked the scum when they were fairly shit - fat, round, bounces on the ground Atkinson era and we became friends then) or we share interests outside of football.

They're all from Manchester, born and bred.

However I refuse to discuss the game with them.

They get shut down.

Real rags as mates? Acceptable. As football fwends? Fuck off...

• Site Supporter

Dear BWFC official lurkers, the staff at Sunderland:

Were plentiful

Spoke English as a first language

Knew how to ensure folk got served in a timely manner

The bars were set up with pumps at the back providing full glasses (plastics) to the central counter from where more staff served the public. 

This needs sorting at the UoB.

• Members
6 hours ago, perth_white said:

I've been paying particular attention to your posts as you are working in football and that allows insight that I don't believe all that many of us have. I'm very curious to know why you are so confident that this season will be a promotion season. What about this side has you convinced? If you tell me then I can repeat that to my Dad and look smart. Cheers.

I’m just a man in the street really. But when I watch us I think we’re not the finished article but we take risks. We have different game plans how to unlock teams, unfortunately we’re missing two attacking players. The best teams grow and as frustrating as losing is , we’re losing but absolutely dominating teams.

Dont put your life savings on it but I think we will 

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Why send him there? It's a thriving cosmopolitan city, it's been voted the city with the World's best climate AND the World's best urban beach...

Don't you mean the island of La Palma and the bone-melting lava flowing from a fissure on Cumbre Vieja?

I think Rog thinks he's a White, but is one of those vomit-inducing rare cases of a white dot surrounded by red shit, like the flag of Japan in negative.

He probably has spent a lifetime in The Bishop Blaize rationally discussing and analysing Műnchen; players, tactics, potential signings, who they should get rid of, upcoming and past games, 'The Class of 92', The 'Babes' etc. with his Műnchen mates...

I have a few red vermin who slipped the net, either by longstanding bonds (i.e. they liked the scum when they were fairly shit - fat, round, bounces on the ground Atkinson era and we became friends then) or we share interests outside of football.

They're all from Manchester, born and bred.

However I refuse to discuss the game with them.

They get shut down.

Real rags as mates? Acceptable. As football fwends? Fuck off...

It’s impossible to be real mates with a red, in over 50 years and most of it in and around LH & Walkden I proud to say that I haven’t managed it yet. 🤣

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Quality turn out yesterday and a nice day out.. Good to finally meet some the folk off here too. 

Watching that Sunderland goal again is frustrating. Isgrove was weak and the marking at that back post was piss poor. I hope that Evatt lays into them off camera for that. It wasn't a good start, almost like we expected them to be better.

I feel for Doyle, he gets a lot of stick but his link up play is decent, good enough for this league at least. He's in the right positions but his finishing is non-existent. Something could click for him, but we need to be looking at an alternative for January.

Can't make my mind up about this season. Could be an interesting second half to it if we're still where we are in January.

12 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Aye the stadium one all got out before we did. I nearly blew a gasket and only @London Wandererstopped me from doing something silly.  

You calmed yourself down fella. I was already considering a night out in Sunderland and bringing you a greasy pizza when you they let out the cells. 

That Mackam egging you on made me laugh. 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Big concern for us is even Sunderland at home realised that the way to beat us was sit deep let us play in front of them for long periods absorb the powder puff pressure in the final 3rd and more often than not one goal is enough to see us off. 

Fuck em, they were lucky and they know it. That game plan could have easily backfired to a 2-1 or 3-1 loss if we could finish.

We play some great football but it's frustrating at times, ball didn't bounce for us a couple of times in the area, don't look like finished article but still think we might make play offs, fans great yesterday, was sat in front of thogden, weird hearing them commentate through the match, worse ways to earn a living I suppose.

23 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You calmed yourself down fella. I was already considering a night out in Sunderland and bringing you a greasy pizza when you they let out the cells. 

That Mackam egging you on made me laugh. 

Aye he was funny 🤣🤣 go on son 😁😁

• Site Supporter

We’re going up

Quit moaning

We we’re getting humped in division four recently

Now we’re a few slight tweaks away from winning every game

Sunderland have been in this division for years now and we made them look average.

One of those days.

Quit fucking moaning for the sake of it.

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’re going up

Quit moaning

We we’re getting humped in division four recently

Now we’re a few slight tweaks away from winning every game

Sunderland have been in this division for years now and we made them look average.

One of those days.

Quit fucking moaning for the sake of it.

Fuc King hell.

Right though. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That was a tough one to take.

Doyle should have been on the scoresheet...end of!, decent pro and all that, but if we had a quality striker we would romp this league, Evatt will know this, let's see what January brings.

Just seen three chances of his.

First one has to be on target, no doubt about it.

Second just hits him, not sure he knows much about it, could have gone anywhere.

Third, is a good header from a distance. Keeper makes a good save.

Then there are misses from others too.

It's a bit endemic at the moment. Finishing practice required.

12 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That was a tough one to take.

Doyle should have been on the scoresheet...end of!, decent pro and all that, but if we had a quality striker we would romp this league, Evatt will know this, let's see what January brings.

The same Evatt who as already stated we dont need another striker!