Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Golden Goal Tickets

MickyD

• Site Supporter

Bought a couple on Monday.

Rules are that 00:00 goes to a 0-0 draw. 45:00 is the last number of the first half. Any first goal in first half injury time would be paid to the holder of 45:00

Guess who got 45:04…

So from second half KO they had 4 fucking seconds to score! Wankers!

• Members
12 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Personally, I much prefer Golden Gamble.  I won one of the prizes on that once.  The chances of a winner on this are just too remote.

My mate won a voucher for carrs pastie once. 
He reckon he’s bought one nearly every home game for 15 years and that’s the only thing he’s won

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

He reckon he’s bought one nearly every home game for 15 years and that’s the only thing he’s won

I won a 3 course meal for 4 at the Blundell Arms.  Called in with mates and the dogs after a walk over Winter Hill.  Bill was over 100 quid so pretty decent i thought 

The Golden Gamble was pulled this year as we were unsure what we would be facing with what seemed like lock downs every other weekend. So we thought a cash only prize would be better for this season rather than offering prizes for restaurants which may close at any point, although we may return to Golden Gamble when the world gets back to normal.  

We are short of sellers in the upper tiers but you can nip through and get them from sellers in the lower tier or call at the shop.  Our sellers wear beautiful shocking pink bibs!  Alternatively tickets for the next game go on sale straight after the last in Bolton Central, just ask and we'll sell you one.

Every ticket gives you two chances and we have had a lot of positive feedback so we would really love to have your support. 

The lotteries have really been hit hard throughout the last 18 months and as you know all monies raised by us after prizes is used to fund projects throughout the club.  So whether you buy a Golden Goal, join the Lifeline or the Goldline we think you're ace for giving us your support!  Plus how much fun is it trying to get into that ticket!!!! I sew them myself! 

If you want any info just email me lotteries@bwfc.co.uk

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, walkerwoo said:

The Golden Gamble was pulled this year as we were unsure what we would be facing with what seemed like lock downs every other weekend. So we thought a cash only prize would be better for this season rather than offering prizes for restaurants which may close at any point, although we may return to Golden Gamble when the world gets back to normal.  

We are short of sellers in the upper tiers but you can nip through and get them from sellers in the lower tier or call at the shop.  Our sellers wear beautiful shocking pink bibs!  Alternatively tickets for the next game go on sale straight after the last in Bolton Central, just ask and we'll sell you one.

Every ticket gives you two chances and we have had a lot of positive feedback so we would really love to have your support. 

The lotteries have really been hit hard throughout the last 18 months and as you know all monies raised by us after prizes is used to fund projects throughout the club.  So whether you buy a Golden Goal, join the Lifeline or the Goldline we think you're ace for giving us your support!  Plus how much fun is it trying to get into that ticket!!!! I sew them myself! 

Maybe you could look at other ways of marketing it? 
I think it’s a spontaneous decision to buy a ticket and folks won’t go out of their way too much to get one.

Possiby have a kiosk that sells both programmes and GG tickets?

Or have an online option to buy, linked to the match day news?

Edited by Steejay

Good shout but as the lotteries are a separate company to the FC we have to have separate sellers and accounts for the cash.   We are trying to get people to buy pre match in Bolton Central.  Hopefully after a few more games people will remember their £1 coins. 😁

1 minute ago, walkerwoo said:

Good shout but as the lotteries are a separate company to the FC we have to have separate sellers and accounts for the cash.   We are trying to get people to buy pre match in Bolton Central.  Hopefully after a few more games people will remember their £1 coins. 😁

Joking, but get card readers! 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, walkerwoo said:

Yes something else we are looking at, it's all just playing catch up really as we have only just come back from furlough.  😷 We'll get there! Until then bring us a £1😁

Cheers for coming along and explaining

13 hours ago, walkerwoo said:

We should get some digital versions going out :) 

17 hours ago, Rudy said:

Been paying for Lifeline for 30 years or so.

Once won £50, and that was over 20 years ago.

Did get entry to the lifeline do's however, and a 5% discount off the ST.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
On 08/09/2021 at 21:33, walkerwoo said:

Will the club's stance on gambling affect this? 

I believe (and I'm happy to be proved wrong) that the Golden Goal would be classed as a lottery rather than a gamble for a couple of reasons.

Gambling tends (although not always) to involve some element of skill and/or decision making on behalf of the participant and when you gamble, you're invariably competing against the house, whilst a lottery is more a case of you vs other participants in a game of chance.

• Site Supporter

There is clearly a technical difference, but is there one morally?

Both types can cause issues.

Would the club limit the number of tickets you could buy for example?

This reached national news level yesterday and who knows may lead to a shift across the football world. Maybe for the best too, but they will have to be prepared for accusations of hypocrisy.

Slightly off topic, the club would surely be better getting agents back for goldline. 

Always enjoyed a football chat with mine, and iirc takings have dropped off since.