Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Golden Goal Tickets

MickyD

• Site Supporter
31 minutes ago, Carlos said:

No one ever got addicted to buying golden goal tickets. It has never happened.

No, but that isn't quite the point.

People to become addicted to lottery type chance games- bingo etc a lot of which is online. Lot of it aimed at women.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Slightly off topic, the club would surely be better getting agents back for goldline. 

Always enjoyed a football chat with mine, and iirc takings have dropped off since.

There are still agents (I think), it just meant sense to get as many people as possible to switch to Direct Debit so that money was still being paid in even in the case of further lockdowns.  

Hi again, just to clarify the Lifeline, Goldline and Golden Goal will continue.  I am sure many of you on here know the history of the Lifeline and why it was initially created and the 'lotteries' have always maintained the same principles.  All monies raised once prizes and expenses are paid is used to fund projects throughout the club that would not be possible without you. We really should be known as fundraisers in this day but we're not.

Yes there is a limit to how much you can spend each week with us.

If you have an issue or things are getting too much we can put you on record as not wishing to participate.

We are a small team but we care massively about the people who support us.  

We have worked at the club appeox 30 years through some really tough times as you all remember and we hope to continue well into the future so all we ask is that you stick with us if you're already in, join with us if you're not, buy a golden goal if you want but please let us get on with what we do best making winners, raising funds and loving this Club. 

1 minute ago, walkerwoo said:

Hi again, just to clarify the Lifeline, Goldline and Golden Goal will continue.  I am sure many of you on here know the history of the Lifeline and why it was initially created and the 'lotteries' have always maintained the same principles.  All monies raised once prizes and expenses are paid is used to fund projects throughout the club that would not be possible without you. We really should be known as fundraisers in this day but we're not.

If you have an issue or things are getting too much we can put you on record as not wishing to participate.

We have worked at the club appeox 30 years through some really tough times as you all remember and we hope to continue well into the future so all we ask is that you stick with us if you're already in, join with us if you're not, buy a golden goal if you want but please let us get on with what we do best making winners, raising funds and loving this Club. 

keep up the good work

you get the odd few hysterical ones on here

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, L/H White said:

keep up the good work

you get the odd few hysterical ones on here

I don’t see anyone getting hysterical. I see folk wondering if the club’s stance on the betting companies stop such fund raising happening. I’m happy it doesn’t.

21 minutes ago, walkerwoo said:

Stop letting Big E win things. 

4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

There are still agents (I think), it just meant sense to get as many people as possible to switch to Direct Debit so that money was still being paid in even in the case of further lockdowns.  

Yes we still have a few but they're an ageing bunch, younger folk don't really want to do collecting door to door.  Some have retired but a lot have tried to transfer members to bank payments, they still get their commission and winners bonuses though.  They deserve it after all the years collecting in the snow, rain and the pandemic. 

• Site Supporter
18 hours ago, walkerwoo said:

Yes we still have a few but they're an ageing bunch, younger folk don't really want to do collecting door to door.  Some have retired but a lot have tried to transfer members to bank payments, they still get their commission and winners bonuses though.  They deserve it after all the years collecting in the snow, rain and the pandemic. 

I’ll tell Sue you said that…

Unless you are Sue!