Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Congratulations on winning the virtue-signalling award for today. I'm sure you feel such pride in your heart now having stood on the mountain top and bellowed out to the world about your purety.

I would imagine everybody on here would be appalled about Elias Kachunga or any other person being racially abused whether by some moron on social media or in any other setting. Doesn't mean we all set out each morning to zealously prove our non-racist attitudes by hectoring and lecturing others at every opportunity and jumping on every bandwagon going. You prove you're not a racist by not saying and doing racist things in your everyday life.

Being unsupportive of taking the knee does not mean someone is racist.... except of course in the simple minds of the vindictively woke, who are always on the lookout to massage their own vanity by making grand public gestures as to their untouchable virtue. As well of course as seeking to make out that the whole population is irredeemably racist apart from the chosen few in their sainted glory.

You could have just ignored the message and it would have kept your blood pressure down.

I guess you need somewhere to vent with the politics thread as it is.

• Site Supporter

Shocking.

While racism may not be as bad on the terraces these days, the prevalence of racism on social media clearly shows we still have a problem. 

The taking of the knee will quite rightly carry on while scum like this exist in our society.

Im sure IE, the owners and club will do all they can to support Kachunga. Fair play to both of them for bringing it out into the open.

Edited by desperado

6 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Congratulations on winning the virtue-signalling award for today. I'm sure you feel such pride in your heart now having stood on the mountain top and bellowed out to the world about your purety.

I would imagine everybody on here would be appalled about Elias Kachunga or any other person being racially abused whether by some moron on social media or in any other setting. Doesn't mean we all set out each morning to zealously prove our non-racist attitudes by hectoring and lecturing others at every opportunity and jumping on every bandwagon going. You prove you're not a racist by not saying and doing racist things in your everyday life.

Being unsupportive of taking the knee does not mean someone is racist.... except of course in the simple minds of the vindictively woke, who are always on the lookout to massage their own vanity by making grand public gestures as to their untouchable virtue. As well of course as seeking to make out that the whole population is irredeemably racist apart from the chosen few in their sainted glory.

Booo

6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You could have just ignored the message and it would have kept your blood pressure down.

I guess you need somewhere to vent with the politics thread as it is.

I haven't been on the politics thread much at all my dear old friend. If you'd like to imagine that's because I am wary of entering a verbal joust with you then you have a very short memory. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

The abuse Kachunga has recieved is a perfect example of why players continue to take the knee. By accusing them of doing it for any other reason than 'anti-racism', you are either calling them all liars, or deflecting because the message is hitting uncomfortably close to home.

Just now, Cheese said:

The abuse Kachunga has recieved is a perfect example of why players continue to take the knee. By accusing them of doing it for any other reason than 'anti-racism', you are either calling them all liars, or deflecting because the message is hitting uncomfortably close to home.

I'm sure you'd feel right at home in North Korea where you don't only have to support the party but you have to ostentatiously prove you support the party day in day out or else fall under suspicion. If that's the kind of sinister society you want to live in - good luck.

I know I'm not a racist, I don't have to take the knee to prove it. Keep your vile insinuations to yourself.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I'm sure you'd feel right at home in North Korea where you don't only have to support the party but you have to ostentatiously prove you support the party day in day out or else fall under suspicion. If that's the kind of sinister society you want to live in - good luck.

I know I'm not a racist, I don't have to take the knee to prove it. Keep your vile insinuations to yourself.

When has anyone asked you to take the knee, other than in your fantasies?

For someone who "knows" they're not racist, you seem extremely sensitive and reactionary to an anti-racism campaign...

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

You’ve dished out more abuse on here than anyone. Not seen any racist abuse but abuse it is.
BWFC are asking the social media platforms to do more to weed out the abuse, racial, sexist, homophobic etc. etc. Anonymous accounts allow people to say whatever they want without retribution. 

Hate won’t win.

9 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

100% agree well said. 👍

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

You’ve dished out more abuse on here than anyone. Not seen any racist abuse but abuse it is.
BWFC are asking the social media platforms to do more to weed out the abuse, racial, sexist, homophobic etc. etc. Anonymous accounts allow people to say whatever they want without retribution. 

Hate won’t win.

Have I? Can you give an example?

Well done to the club for making this public. Totally respect anyone’s decision not to take the knee or to actively support others doing so. But to actually boo and effectively criticise those trying to do good is something very different and something I just can’t understand.

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

When has anyone asked you to take the knee, other than in your fantasies?

For someone who "knows" they're not racist, you seem extremely sensitive and reactionary to an anti-racism campaign...

More insinuation. You're getting on very thin ice now. Accusing someone of racism (directly or indirectly) is a serious matter. 

Let me explain patiently - if someone doesn't share the exact same opinion or world view as you, that does not automatically mean they are racist (or sexist, homophonbic, transphobic or anything else).  What it does do is prove that you are exceptionally narrow-minded and intolerant of others. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

More insinuation. You're getting on very thin ice now. Accusing someone of racism (directly or indirectly) is a serious matter. 

Let me explain patiently - if someone doesn't share the exact same opinion or world view as you, that does not automatically mean they are racist (or sexist, homophonbic, transphobic or anything else).  What it does do is prove that you are exceptionally narrow-minded and intolerant of others. 

I didn't say anything of the sort, and never have. You are clearly projecting your own logic onto others.

Just now, Cheese said:

I didn't say anything of the sort, and never have. You are clearly projecting your own logic onto others.

I think we can let people read your previous posts and decide for themselves. In the meantime I suggest you try your best not to jump to spurious conclusions about people you've never met.