Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

23 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I see ... I'm virtue signalling by being anti-virtue signalling and this is all quantifiable by the word count? 

If your challenge is to be more concise then I take it on the chin and will attempt to do better in future.

0 words would be wonderfully concise. Happy to help.

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I am 'Christian Grey', I didn't know every fucker had an alias, been calling you steejay at the match 🤷

Still get Undies and Victor Meldrew mixed up. As I said to…… in Northern Monkey before the last match.

Anyway L, I’m half way there.😊

• Moderators
1 hour ago, royal white said:

There’s probably 2 ways to address online abuse. Ignore/accept it or come off social media.

It’s getting worse and it ain’t going away 

There's this way as well 

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2021-09-09/west-bromwich-albion-fan-found-guilty-of-racially-abusing-romaine-sawyers

• Site Supporter

Speaking of the taking of the knee on Monday, I noticed Burton’s number 10, a black player, remained standing. Nothing strange about that other than the fact they didn’t show it on Sky Sports. It made me realise, I’ve seen one or two players opt to remain standing in live games but don’t recall seeing any on the tellybox. 
Strange that.

• Site Supporter

I honestly hope it isn't a Bolton Fan.

Appears to be someone who WANTS to play for us, and it's clear IE see's something in him, from what I can tell most of his goals come from crosses into the box and that appears to be our current way. 

Few forums I'm on won't let you post under an Alias, one even makes you have your real name and phone number on there.. Needless to say there is a distinct lack of banter etc. 

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

I honestly hope it isn't a Bolton Fan.

Appears to be someone who WANTS to play for us, and it's clear IE see's something in him, from what I can tell most of his goals come from crosses into the box and that appears to be our current way. 

Few forums I'm on won't let you post under an Alias, one even makes you have your real name and phone number on there.. Needless to say there is a distinct lack of banter etc. 

Many posters, even though they post under pseudonyms, are known to others. Even @bolty58in Perth, WA is known. 

There can’t be too many lone wolfs who don’t know a single other person or a single other doesn’t know them.

We can’t go back to gorilla chants and chucking bananas on the pitch, it was vile and completely unacceptable. I have no particular opinions on taking the knee. But ultimately it may focus the minds of spectators that the blokes playing for either team are actually human beings irrespective of anything else.

Without getting into the Knee Taking stuff, hopefully it goes without saying, but still should be said, that this is despicable and I do hope whoever did it is not a Bolton fan.

May I ask, appreciating this shouldn't happen to absolutely anyone, ever, why Kachunga ? He's new here, still coming to fitness & yet to make his mark. He came on for 20 minutes on Monday night. We have other Black players ... who apparently have not received this abuse. In my view that makes this targetted at him, for specific & personal reasons irrespective of all other matters.

Is there previous, at other clubs ? Is some vile fool trolling him racially for some deluded reason going some way back ?

Not that it, in any way, condones or excuses it. Just wondering if there's some history to help trace the unpleasant idiot who did it.