Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

It was pre planned, same with the Hungary players. That’s appears to be  their stance. Not sure if they will do it when playing other teams. 

Ok, but the look on his face does look like a "for fucks sake lads" type of reaction, as opposed to just standing there pointing at the badge 

Seems to me he's disappointed with the fans 

E-yLsfDXsAQrSMF.jpg?strip=all&w=960&qual

7 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Needs pulling now

the upshot is everyone is behind the player

Totally agree people are behind the player but pulling a thread like this isn't the way to tackle this.

Can't just ignore stuff, and I think there has been some excellent posts outlining the issues. That is a good thing.

46 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m just putting the kettle on and will wait to have my Brew with you highlighting where I said that. So make it snappy so my water doesn’t need re-boiling eh 

good luck too 

I’m just going for a shit, while you highlight where I said you did

2 can play the dick

Edited by jules_darby

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Totally agree people are behind the player but pulling a thread like this isn't the way to tackle this.

Can't just ignore stuff, and I think there has been some excellent posts outlining the issues. That is a good thing.

Or you could just ignore the thread 🤷🏻

I thought the pointing to the respect badge was Hungary & Poland's response to UEFA's suggestion that they had to do something.

I thought it was pre-arranged, but yes I also thought that Lewandowski looked pissed off at that point.

Perhaps you're both right. That's also a possiblity?

• Members
1 minute ago, Traf said:

I thought the pointing to the respect badge was Hungary & Poland's response to UEFA's suggestion that they had to do something.

I thought it was pre-arranged, but yes I also thought that Lewandowski looked pissed off at that point.

Perhaps you're both right. That's also a possiblity?

It’s their way of saying respect should be shown. It’s a positive message. Pre arranged by them and allowed by FIFA/UEFA

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

About what? 

I get that it was pre arranged 

But he looks to be reacting to the booing 

I bet on Twitter somewhere there is someone saying he is pissed because he is being forced to point at the badge. There again I bet there is very little that someone on Twitter has not said

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ani said:

I bet on Twitter somewhere there is someone saying he is pissed because he is being forced to point at the badge. There again I bet there is very little that someone on Twitter has not said

Probably 

Maybe the fans were booing the polish players for not taking the knee

34 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It’s their way of saying respect should be shown. It’s a positive message. Pre arranged by them and allowed by FIFA/UEFA

From the Polish FA statement;

To express their objection, the Polish representatives, before the first whistle of the match with England, pointed to the “UEFA RESPECT” inscription on the left sleeve of the jersey, which refers to the campaign conducted by the European federation against racism, xenophobia and intolerance

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Which one? There’s about 50 that are the same that’s the issue, I think. 

But the other threads tend to define themselves as political, why do you think you have some god given right to determine how that thread defines itself. 
Typical nazi demanding your rules on threads. They have a right of self determination. 

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It started off that way but now we’re going around in circles and it’s just a slanging game so it’s not really going anywhere

plus nobody is ignoring stuff as ultimately everyone is behind the lad and condemn the abuse he got 

You've got the pro-kneel bunch claiming anyone who isn't is a closet racist.

You have the anti-kneel lot saying it's a pile of vitue signaling old tosh latched onto a politically motivated campaign and supporters are being conned.

Neither side will convince the other & it seems pointless expecting it to.

However, whichever side of that you find yourself, Kachunga, & now Dapo have been directly attacked using race as the reason. One by a known moron who's been properly reported ... good for Ipswich. The other by someone as yet unknown ... could be a Bolton, Burton or unattached person, hopefully time will root them out.

The clubs involved, our owners especially, all fans ... certainly all on here ... have condemned it and supported the players. That is as it should be. ... well, sort of, what SHOULD be is that these comments, these attitudes, don't exist at all.