Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

I may have said before, Darren was one of the first Downs kids to go into mainstream education at Smithills. A former colleague and one or two classmates still take him out for a meal every year which, 34 or so years after leaving is a fine effort.

We we’re once returning from a fire, this same colleague, RM, was officer and I was driving. Darren was standing at the bus stop near Ainsworth Arms, top of Halliwell Rd. We stopped and RM asked him where he was off to. He was going to Jubilee Centre to a party. RM asked the crew if we were ok to give him a lift down.

No worries, so in he jumped. He was like an excited kid! Even more so when I flicked the sirens and blue lights on all the way down to Shepherds Cross Street. He loved it!

I proper love that! My cousin (one of thousands) has a little boy with downsyndrome and he's the loveliest lad. I can imagine how happy he would have been ☺️☺️

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Sparta Prague 

Playing Rangers tonight 

Home fans been banned for previous incidents of racist abuse  

But they let 10k school kids all under 14 in 

They spent the entire match booing Glen Kamara till he got sent off

• Members
5 minutes ago, Zico said:

Sparta Prague 

Playing Rangers tonight 

Home fans been banned for previous incidents of racist abuse  

But they let 10k school kids all under 14 in 

They spent the entire match booing Glen Kamara till he got sent off

Sure it wasn’t just 3 accounts from overseas

• Site Supporter
On 13/09/2021 at 22:32, bolton_blondie said:

I proper love that! My cousin (one of thousands) has a little boy with downsyndrome and he's the loveliest lad. I can imagine how happy he would have been ☺️☺️

I used to support a young man (not Darren) who could be a bit of a one but he was too honest. He used to grass himself up. He'd come up to me and say 'you need to check that toilet, I've put a full toilet roll down and flushed it'.

Or one time 'you better look in the sink  I've put that girls phone it the washing up bowl.'

Full of hot soapy water and greasy pots.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

I used to support a young man (not Darren) who could be a bit of a one but he was too honest. He used to grass himself up. He'd come up to me and say 'you need to check that toilet, I've put a full toilet roll down and flushed it'.

Or one time 'you better look in the sink  I've put that girls phone it the washing up bowl.'

Full of hot soapy water and greasy pots.

I love it 😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, royal white said:

Some of the worst racist abuse I have seen at a match today along with objects being thrown at players, will the people who wanted Hungary to be kicked out of the World Cup/play behind closed be pushing for the same for BWFC to face similar actions? 

Where do you sit? Heard nowt in the ESL by halfway other than one spectacularly angry man who I half expected to launch himself onto the pitch at times.

6 hours ago, royal white said:

Some of the worst racist abuse I have seen at a match today along with objects being thrown at players, will the people who wanted Hungary to be kicked out of the World Cup/play behind closed be pushing for the same for BWFC to face similar actions? 

Did you report it?

7 hours ago, royal white said:

I hope you reported any racist abuse and they are banned for life if found guilty.

I expect us to be fined for the missiles but not much more than that. Would have been a suspended points deduction if the players had been taken off.

Similarly I expect t’other lot to get a fine for disrupting the minutes applause (surprised it hasn’t been mentioned on here already) and ripping out the advert boards at the front of the upper tier….and then lobbing them at their own fans, the utter fuckwits. 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I hope you reported any racist abuse and they are banned for life if found guilty.

I expect us to be fined for the missiles but not much more than that. Would have been a suspended points deduction if the players had been taken off.

Similarly I expect t’other lot to get a fine for disrupting the minutes applause (surprised it hasn’t been mentioned on here already) and ripping out the advert boards at the front of the upper tier….and then lobbing them at their own fans, the utter fuckwits. 

They didn’t half have a go at our fans for doing that in August.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery

6 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Where do you sit? Heard nowt in the ESL by halfway other than one spectacularly angry man who I half expected to launch himself onto the pitch at times.

North/east corner - loads of sectarian and racist abuse aimed at McClean. There is every time he plays at our place. 

5 minutes ago, royal white said:

North/east corner - loads of sectarian and racist abuse aimed at McClean. There is every time he plays at our place. 

Stop fuelling it; if you heard racist abuse you would have/ or should have reported it. Plus the majority of people round the alleged racist would have done the same. 

Where there any gingers racially abusing one of their own?

Whites can't 'racially abuse' whites.

Unless you want to get arsey and claim McClean as a Celt.

In my misguided youth I'd join in the 'no surrender' chants, mainly because we used to go to Manchester every Saturday, if it wasn't for Euro '96 and England v Scotland me and some mates could've died (or been mildly inconvenienced) at Fenian hands.

I have some roots in County Longford.

Am I a racist?

Self-loathing part-Celt?

Maybe I am, I embrace my German ancestry, I despise my irishness.

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

Does shouting fuck off you cunt at Meat Head count as racist? if so guilty m"lud. if you score a goal and goad the fans fair enough but on their first he was goading the North Stand before even congratulating his team mate. He will get his come uppance someday. 

6 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Where there any gingers racially abusing one of their own?

Whites can't 'racially abuse' whites.

Unless you want to get arsey and claim McClean as a Celt.

In my misguided youth I'd join in the 'no surrender' chants, mainly because we used to go to Manchester every Saturday, if it wasn't for Euro '96 and England v Scotland me and some mates could've died (or been mildly inconvenienced) at Fenian hands.

I have some roots in County Longford.

Am I a racist?

Self-loathing part-Celt?

Maybe I am, I embrace my German ancestry, I despise my irishness.

Is calling someone an Irish terrorist cunt racist? Fans were banned for calling Salah a terrorist 

@royal white

No, it's sectarianism.

Calling Salah a terrorist is racist because it's based upon "He's Egyptian presumably Muslim, he's brownskinned = he's a terrorist"...

If Salah had expressed public sympathy for ISIS it'd be acceptable to heckle him as a terrorist cunt.

McClean is a Republican but as far as I know hasn't expressed support for Republican terrorism.

Calling him a cunt is Ok.

Doesn't need any (possibly erroneous) adjectives.

Even with adjectives it isn't racism.

Just like when Cantona was in the anti-racism ads - he shouldn't have been.

The whitey Simmons calling whitey Cantona a 'French cunt' wasn't racism.

It was jingoism/bigotry.

Edited by Youri McAnespie