Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Same place where I sit, you’re probably  best using that link I posted.

Have you never heard racist/sectarian abuse hurled at him at our place? 

Honestly at him no. Have I heard racist stuff ? Yes one lad and people have told him to stop and he has done, he was there Saturday and shouting crap but nothing that would be racist more big standard 'stupid dog fucking cunt'. The only thing that was remotely racist was 'balaclava wearing twat' but as he was pictured wearing one hard to class that with the big R word.

My dad used to tell a joke that he quite liked 'packis' but could not eat a full one, he told that at the match about 59 times, I did not report him btw.

Edited by Ani

49 minutes ago, royal white said:

Same place where I sit, you’re probably  best using that link I posted.

Have you never heard racist/sectarian abuse hurled at him at our place? 

Out of interest and for balance do you think the Hungarian supporters who are opposed to players taking the knee are doing so because, they are tired of politics been shoved down their throats , it just the BLM connection, they are worried that the gesture is being misinterpreted and should be replaced by a stronger more unifying message against racism (such as pointing to the Respect badge or are some of them racist ? 

I know in this country is not the last point but wonder if given cultural differences they have different reasons ? 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

Out of interest and for balance do you think the Hungarian supporters who are opposed to players taking the knee are doing so because, they are tired of politics been shoved down their throats , it just the BLM connection, they are worried that the gesture is being misinterpreted and should be replaced by a stronger more unifying message against racism (such as pointing to the Respect badge or are some of them racist ? 

I know in this country is not the last point but wonder if given cultural differences they have different reasons ? 

I’ve Honestly no idea. I don’t doubt some are racist, there’s people over here from all backgrounds and colours who oppose the knee for many different reasons. I definitely wouldn’t say they’re all racist. 

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye, but we're discussing the issue with some of the hungarian supporters and the behaviour. They were from The Carpathian Bridade and the Little Poles.

So, as I say - its dead easy to find out.

I know about them, I have no need to find out anymore. I was asked a question and answered it. It’s quite a simple action. Not many people have answered my first question l, let’s try with you. 

Do you think BWFC should be hit with fines and potentially have to play behind closed doors because of what happened at the weekend? 

• Members
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

I know about them, I have no need to find out anymore. I was asked a question and answered it. It’s quite a simple action. Not many people have answered my first question l, let’s try with you. 

Do you think BWFC should be hit with fines and potentially have to play behind closed doors because of what happened at the weekend? 

I’ll answer no. 

The same as when I didn’t think all of chelsea should have had to when two people racially abused Sterling 

Hungary wasn’t one or two it was entire sections all game and it isn’t an isolated incident.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

If RW wants to try and pin hypocrisy on this by circling his wagons and not really making the point, fine. I've no interest in indulging his little beit noir.

The point is quite simple. We were all quick to slag off the Hungarians for their actions. Are we quick enough to condemn it on our own doorstep?  

• Members

They’re not the same

Neither are acceptable but one person or a select few shouting abuse isn’t the same as a whole section of fans abusing someone for 90 minutes 

The referees report will include reports from stewards from all around the ground if it’s been reported from a few sections then an investigation will be made and punishments are handed out.

If it’s a select few the club or nation will be notified and it’s fed to the stewards to be on alert going forward 

Just now, Rudy said:

They’re not the same

Neither are acceptable but one person or a select few shouting abuse isn’t the same as a whole section of fans abusing someone for 90 minutes 

The referees report will include reports from stewards from all around the ground if it’s been reported from a few sections then an investigation will be made and punishments are handed out.

If it’s a select few the club or nation will be notified and it’s fed to the stewards to be on alert going forward 

If it was whole sections of the stadium in a crowd of over 70k how come only a few people picked up on it? I’ve not seen one bit of footage where racist remarks can be heard, I don’t doubt for a minute that their was. But maybe not as much as people were making out? 

Then there’s obviously the object throwing, where do we go with that? Apparently This is the 4th consecutive fixture with Wigan where there have been issues, so it’s not isolated.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, royal white said:

The point is quite simple. We were all quick to slag off the Hungarians for their actions. Are we quick enough to condemn it on our own doorstep?  

And if a point's worth making,  it's worth making over 4 days. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, royal white said:

If it was whole sections of the stadium in a crowd of over 70k how come only a few people picked up on it? I’ve not seen one bit of footage where racist remarks can be heard, I don’t doubt for a minute that their was. But maybe not as much as people were making out? 

Then there’s obviously the object throwing, where do we go with that? Apparently This is the 4th consecutive fixture with Wigan where there have been issues, so it’s not isolated.

It wasn’t the court of the people or judge rinder it was Fifa and UEFA 

They have reps in every part of the stadium who put it in their reports as well as the officials 

"After analysing and taking into consideration ... the seriousness of the incidents (racist words and actions, throwing of objects, lighting of fireworks, blocked stairways), the Committee decided that the MLSZ would play its next two home matches in FIFA competitions without spectators, the second match being suspended for a probationary period of two years,"

10 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It wasn’t the court of the people or judge rinder it was Fifa and UEFA 

They have reps in every part of the stadium who put it in their reports as well as the officials 

"After analysing and taking into consideration ... the seriousness of the incidents (racist words and actions, throwing of objects, lighting of fireworks, blocked stairways), the Committee decided that the MLSZ would play its next two home matches in FIFA competitions without spectators, the second match being suspended for a probationary period of two years,"

Like I say I don’t doubt there was. That’s pretty much what happened at the Reebok on sat 😂

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Rudy said:

If a governing body is making a statement that they are punishing someone for racism then I’ll trust them to be correct 

As do I. Whether I trust them to take a similar hard line with all other FIFA members is another issue 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's really easy to find out. Just search for Carpathian Brigade and Hungarian politics.

did some googling on the carpathaians, appears this is their top boy

514k6AFRSKL.__AC_SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp