Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse

TroySwoosh

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Signing of this thread, as stated in the Ipswich thread, let's hope Kachunga bags the winner tomorrow and we can sing the worlds newest and best football song.

🎵🎵🎶🎵🎶 Kaaachunggaaa

I'll sign off too. I've tried to explain my point of view and reasons. Some will listen, some won't. It isn't in the make up of some to do any listening - when you've cornered the market on wisdom and truth you don't need to listen or tolerate alternative points of view. Its easier just to chuck words like "racist "about.

Anyway I'm bored of the sound of my own fucking voice so no doubt others are too. That's enough for today. And yes - if Kachunga bags the winner and ends this jinx Ipswich have had on us for the last 15 years, that'll do nicely.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Can you explain it again in simple terms? I must have missed it.

The way to combat it is to keep drawing attention to it, and rooting out the racists wherever possible, punishing them as and when.

And yes, telling black people "Sorry, but this is just the way our society is. You either have to put up with it, or opt out of certain privileges the rest of us enjoy" is racist.

Yes great keep drawing attention to it but how does that help the young ginger girl who’s being abused because of her hair colour? How does it help the boxer being called a pikey cunt? How does it help the footballer being called a monkey? This is what I’m asking, how’s the best way to stop these people suffering?

you’ve already said telling people to come off SM is racist (weird), what’s your plan? 

• Members
19 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

But your quite happy for other posters to insult others an insinuate that they are racist. 

You should go back and read the context of the post, I'd have reacted like that. 

We all seem to agree that the Elias Kachunga abuse is despicable, its getting a bit heated, maybe its time to knock this on the head and start again on another thread.

I’m not happy with any of it, i wouldn’t agree that anyone is racist on here I certainly haven’t insinuated it and I don’t think anyone else has but I’m happy to be shown otherwise.

And reacting with violence certainly isn’t going to solve it. You might have reacted like that but let’s be honest you’re about 4ft you couldn’t knock out a wank 😂

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes great keep drawing attention to it but how does that help the young ginger girl who’s being abused because of her hair colour? How does it help the boxer being called a pikey cunt? How does it help the footballer being called a monkey? This is what I’m asking, how’s the best way to stop these people suffering?

you’ve already said telling people to come off SM is racist (weird), what’s your plan? 

If you want to start a movement in support of red-haired people or the travelling community, go for it. Start a new thread. This one is about racist abuse aimed at black people - in this particular case, one of our own players.

As far as I see it, the best way to help the victims of this abuse is to support them, and show them they're not alone. Booing them is the exact opposite of that, so I consider those who do it on a par with the abusers themselves, regardless of their bullshit "reasons".

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

"If you talk about it, it exist, it's not like it exist and we refuse to talk about it. Making it a bigger issue than it need to be is the problem here"

Morgan Freeman 

I agree with him in certain context,folk often look for racism where it isn't

but i don't think Morgan was talking about actualy racist abuse being dished out, and then how to deal with it

"Never stop fighting till the fight is done."

Elliot Ness

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If you want to start a movement in support of red-haired people or the travelling community, go for it. Start a new thread. This one is about racist abuse aimed at black people - in this particular case, one of our own players.

As far as I see it, the best way to help the victims of this abuse is to support them, and show them they're not alone. Booing them is the exact opposite of that, so I consider those who do it on a par with the abusers themselves, regardless of their bullshit "reasons".

They all fall under abuse and calling people from the travelling community is classed as racist. 

Just for you though, a young Asian man is being abused online, it’s really affecting him, he asks for your advice, what are you going to say “ don’t worry at least you’re drawing attention to it” 

Bit of a selfish individual aren’t you 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, royal white said:

They all fall under abuse and calling people from the travelling community is classed as racist. 

Just for you though, a young Asian man is being abused online, it’s really affecting him, he asks for your advice, what are you going to say “ don’t worry at least you’re drawing attention to it” 

Bit of a selfish individual aren’t you 

No. I would advise him to report the people who were abusing him, refer them to the police if necessary, and I'd give him whatever support he needed. Very selfish.

As useless as it may seem in the short-term, better that than tell him "I'm afraid you're just going to have to put up with it for the rest of your life because you're Asian". Or booing him for bringing it up in the first place.

Edited by Cheese

54 minutes ago, Cheese said:

No. I would advise him to report the people who were abusing him, refer them to the police if necessary, and I'd give him whatever support he needed. Very selfish.

As useless as it may seem in the short-term, better that than tell him "I'm afraid you're just going to have to put up with it for the rest of your life because you're Asian". Or booing him for bringing it up in the first place.

What a splendid idea, phone the police, that’s already been done and the abuse is continuing, the police in Goa aren’t interested in the abuse he’s receiving. But hey you’re there for him. But you’re not really and not in any position to give him the support he needs. 

I guess the many people of all races who have been at the receiving end of abuse and advised that’s it’s good to turn off social media for a while are all wrong and racist.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, royal white said:

What a splendid idea, phone the police, that’s already been done and the abuse is continuing, the police in Goa aren’t interested in the abuse he’s receiving. But hey you’re there for him. But you’re not really and not in any position to give him the support he needs. 

Give me your imaginary Asian lad's contact details, and I'll get in touch with him and offer him whatever support I can provide.

I know an imaginary traveller with ginger hair if you want to swap? He hasn't had any abuse yet, but I can imagine he has if you want to play pretend?

Edited by Cheese

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

You resorted to threats of physical violence on an internet forum, which completely vindicates my opinion that you have a "tiny mind".

Rewind precious

i said someone one day will nail you Don’t go all playing the victim

as many people say this forum is like being in a pub well if it was you’d probably be layed out tbh and that’s not a threat but you carry on with your insults and snide comments and it may just catch up with you one day 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Rewind precious

i said someone one day will nail you Don’t go all playing the victim

as many people say this forum is like being in a pub well if it was you’d probably be layed out tbh and that’s not a threat but you carry on with your insults and snide comments and it may just catch up with you one day 

Even more pathetic that you're threatening me on someone else's behalf. 😂

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Give me your imaginary Asian lad's contact details, and I'll get in touch with him and offer him whatever support I can provide.

I know an imaginary traveller with ginger hair if you want to swap? He hasn't had any abuse yet, but I can imagine he has if you want to play pretend?

Tyson fury isn’t imaginary and he’s had more abuse than most I’m pretty sure you know that. 

All we seem to be getting from you is that it’s alright to receive abuse as long as they’re highlighting the case. There’s a simple way of people avoiding it and that’s coming off, if they’re not affected then they can carry on as normal.

I can’t get hold of the imaginary lad, he’s come off social media now, he’s going to message me in a few weeks when he’s in a better place. 

Whoosh ….thread & a half 

two points 1) I can see where PH is coming from & the threat of totalitarian behaviour, people who boo the taking the knee are exercising their individual rights even if most of us think they are perverse.

2) From Rudy’s perspective it’s a more straightforward problem , why would fans boo something that is essentially a positive move against racism?

Recent phenomenon such as COVID have made us all a bit knee-jerk .

someone who decides not to take the vaccine is not necessarily an anti-Vaxer they just might feel it’s not for them.

We are a hairs breadth away from saying ‘If your not with us your against us’

dangerous stuff.

• Members
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Anyway fuck race let’s talk about all the sex cases that your employers keep taking on! Anything else you want to tell us 😂😂

I’d love to comment.

Next time I’m down the gym I’ll let you know my thoughts. Once I’ve checked you for  a wire like Big Sam should have done 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, royal white said:

Tyson fury isn’t imaginary and he’s had more abuse than most I’m pretty sure you know that. 

All we seem to be getting from you is that it’s alright to receive abuse as long as they’re highlighting the case. There’s a simple way of people avoiding it and that’s coming off, if they’re not affected then they can carry on as normal.

I can’t get hold of the imaginary lad, he’s come off social media now, he’s going to message me in a few weeks when he’s in a better place. 

Ok.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

We are a hairs breadth away from saying ‘If your not with us your against us’

dangerous stuff.

I think we may already be there

certainly been heading this way for some time

brexit and trump started it, or at least that's when it first became particulary noticable for me

I mentioned earlier about Derby not taking the knee and other clubs also. Its the taking of the knee that is divisive, no one can argue with that. 
I haven’t seen one racist comment on here, the mods would remove it. People insinuating others are racist is pathetic.

The argument is how you show your support for anti hate. Racism, homophobia etc. etc.
If the club decided on another method, same as Derby, surely no one could then argue with the message.

Hate won’t win.