Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kachunga - victim of racist abuse


TroySwoosh
 Share

Recommended Posts

Players taking the knee really upsets some people it seems, why don't they just stop going to the match until it stops, or just stay under the concourse until after kick off, so they don't see it?  -  those that say they are really upset/offended/annoyed by it, can't actually really be that fussed, as they're still attending the games..........

 

Personally, I can't say it bothers me at all, it takes about 5 seconds, and doesn't have any impact on my life at all, I certainly don't ever feel like anything is being "rammed down my throat" (well, apart from when @Big E sexually abuses me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm no fan of social media.

But in many places it's an invaluable tool in expressing dissent, and communication and organisation between dissenting voices.

Take away anonymity and there you have an off the peg list of those who speak out, or act out.

I'm aware a bit of digging could reveal identities anyway.

But why serve it up on a plate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Nothing will ever be good enough for the wokery. Cowardly online racism of the type Elias Kachunga has obviously had to deal with could disappear altogether - but the woke would still carry on with their shrill grandstanding. Why? Because this clearly isn't only about racism, it's about opportunities to show how virtuous you are and how your mind is more pure than everybody else. It's a competition to be top of the class and an ego-trip. As such its in the interests of the woke for racism to always be with us.

By the way - I think you are top of the class on this thread. You've won. Second place would probably be Duck Egg for pointing out to me that my condemnation of the culprit was not condemnatory enough. I clearly need to go to condemnation finishing school and then go to the back of the queue to have another far louder and more febrile attempt at condemning the person responsible.

....... we're all so behind the curve in our non racist ways. We've such a lot to learn before we can aspire to be at the vanguard of the woke social media lynch mob.

If we are doing top of the class for woke only fair we do the same for gammons or there will trouble. You will be leader who do you choose at next ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

If we are doing top of the class for woke only fair we do the same for gammons or there will trouble. You will be leader who do you choose at next ? 

Trouble with the word gammon is that there are plenty of people from a whole range of diverse backgrounds, creeds and colours who are also absolutely sick to the back teeth of wokery. But of course that type of thing doesn't fall neatly in to the woke narrative does it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m still waiting for footballers to show solidarity with other forms of abuse going on in the world, one for you Rudy, let’s start with man city owner mansour and abuse of folk in the UAE?  Let’s see players show solidarity with the abused there….. I’ll be waiting a long time. 

So you now want more political protests ? If the human rights issues actually do bother you rather than being number 10 on a list of reasons to boo the knee, none of which being with R then do something about it. 
 

Taking the knee was originally linked to BLM saying otherwise is lying. IMO people on football got involved without understanding the political ideals of the BLM party. However they have since made it clear that the taking of the knee to them is a protest against racism and other forms of discrimination. Quite happy to believe people within the club when they say that. This week one of our players gets racially abused. Understand that might not make people suddenly think taking the knee is the best idea ever, I certainly do not, but if the player getting abused wants to keep doing it would nt people purely to support him say 'fair enough' ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Trouble with the word gammon is that there are plenty of people from a whole range of diverse backgrounds, creeds and colours who are also absolutely sick to the back teeth of wokery. But of course that type of thing doesn't fall neatly in to the woke narrative does it.

ham-sad.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Like poppies? Or is that one that should not have a place in sport? 

Is that a political or mora issue that has no place in football ?


Does Paul think that’s virtue signalling? Is that a movement of the woke community?

 

If we didn’t support showing a mark of respect for the fallen of this country, there would be absolute outrage so why do ethnicities or genders not get the same treatment ? 
Isn’t  sport and football the biggest and greatest platform to show solidarity and togetherness? 

Remembrance is just remembering people of all creeds, colours and backgrounds who lost their lives in wars. That's not political. It's done once a year across all of our communities on a specific date linked to the Armistice in World War One. I'm a bit mystified as to why that links to the rest of this debate. Nobody is justifying the wars, nobody is making political points about the wars. They happened, they're a horrible part of our history and many people died and we should remember their sacrifice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

Taking the knee was originally linked to BLM saying otherwise is lying.

In the UK, yes and you're also quite right about football getting involved without knowing the politics of BLM.

But Colin Kaepernick started this latest knee taking 5 yrs ago in the NFL to highlight racism both in US society and their military and he was urged to do this rather than just refuse to stand for the anthem. he was advised to do this by a white former Green Beret Nate Boyer.

Kaepernick for his trouble, has literally been blackballed by the NFL since the end of the 2016 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
16 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Remembrance is just remembering people of all creeds, colours and backgrounds who lost their lives in wars. That's not political. It's done once a year across all of our communities on a specific date linked to the Armistice in World War One. I'm a bit mystified as to why that links to the rest of this debate. Nobody is justifying the wars, nobody is making political points about the wars. They happened, they're a horrible part of our history and many people died and we should remember their sacrifice.

So was slavery, and discrimination against people because of the colour of their skin.

Its still happening yet you seem to think because people back it, or make a stand for it, they’re woke or virtue signalling. 
 

It’s embarrassing and your attitude and mounts attitude and others who are bored of threads being hijacked. Fucking grow up there’s a bigger issue than a message board having racism discussed

You know what I’m bored of seeing black players abused I’m tired of wondering if I will get abuse at a game, Worrying what will happen to my kids when they’re older because of their skin colour, wondering if they take a stand for themselves Will people call them woke. 

I’m sick of this whole fuckin debate and I’m sick of having to fight my corner because my skin is a different colour and people don’t understand what it truly feels like. 
 

Have whatever opinion you have of me I really don’t give a shit. Some people it will never get through to them. 
 

Its sad and I’ve had enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

So was slavery, and discrimination against people because of the colour of their skin.

Its still happening yet you seem to think because people back it, or make a stand for it, they’re woke or virtue signalling. 
 

It’s embarrassing and your attitude and mounts attitude and others who are bored of threads being hijacked. Fucking grow up there’s a bigger issue than a message board having racism discussed

You know what I’m bored of seeing black players abused I’m tired of wondering if I will get abuse at a game, Worrying what will happen to my kids when they’re older because of their skin colour, wondering if they take a stand for themselves Will people call them woke. 

I’m sick of this whole fuckin debate and I’m sick of having to fight my corner because my skin is a different colour and people don’t understand what it truly feels like. 
 

Have whatever opinion you have of me I really don’t give a shit. Some people it will never get through to them. 
 

Its sad and I’ve had enough. 

Virtue Signaling alert!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

Trouble with the word gammon is that there are plenty of people from a whole range of diverse backgrounds, creeds and colours who are also absolutely sick to the back teeth of wokery. But of course that type of thing doesn't fall neatly in to the woke narrative does it.

Whereas  the use of the word woke has no such issues ? Or virtue signalling ? Anyone who says they care about a variety of social issues but especially race seems to be dismissed as woke as quickly as gammon is used the other way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.