Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Deserved it’s own thread

MickyD

• Members

This fucker can go in the volcano

Would anyone on here admit they hope Bolton go pop to enhance our position?

But this fella

It doesn't really enhance our position all that much though. We'd be 8 points behind West Brom instead of 11 and an extra 3 points ahead of 7th. In exchange we'd get to see the destruction of one of the oldest football clubs in England and all their associated history including 4 FA Cup wins go up in flames. No thanks.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

This fucker can go in the volcano

Would anyone on here admit they hope Bolton go pop to enhance our position?

But this fella

It doesn't really enhance our position all that much though. We'd be 8 points behind West Brom instead of 11 and an extra 3 points ahead of 7th. In exchange we'd get to see the destruction of one of the oldest football clubs in England and all their associated history including 4 FA Cup wins go up in flames. No thanks.

Had a read through and tbf 95% of the thread was wishing our fans and club the best outcome. Was expecting it to be the other way round tbh.

I don't wish it on any club really. 

Derby have overspent big time trying to get into the prem over the past 8 years or so. 

Our spending to stay in the prem probably pales into insignificance in comparison... 

But... Derby aren't the only ones, they are the tip of the iceberg. 

• Site Supporter

The FA have measures in place to prevent this though. Do they not do a snap audit in order to ensure their clubs are sticking to their FFP rules or is their role to keep a watching brief and just await the implosion?

5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The FA have measures in place to prevent this though. Do they not do a snap audit in order to ensure their clubs are sticking to their FFP rules or is their role to keep a watching brief and just await the implosion?

I think it comes under the EFL’s jurisdiction, doesn’t it? And we all know how efficient they are (not) on that side of things. Derby (and Sheff Wednesday) will have been well aware of that though given the dodgy dealings around selling the stadiums to the owners etc so have been playing with fire for a while now. And probably a little more deviously than we did TBH, which is quite some going when considering the characters that were involved on our side. 

35 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The FA, by backing the premier league, have very little/no moral authority.

After what we went through I have found a more empathetic side of myself. I don't think I would be as sympathetic if I hadn't gone through that actuall rollercoaster myself.

I don't want to go through my feelings of what seemed like our impending doom. But it was, outside of family & friends,  the most shittest time of my life.

DCFC will be ok. They will take whatever comes their way on the chin and bum around getting things straight again.

On the whole rival football fans "can" be pretty decent.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not a case of wanting other club's fans to go through it, but if they overstep the mark and get punished then "them's the rules".

Seems like they've been pushing the boundaries for some time and now they've got their cummupance.

And they’ve got Rooney.

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not a case of wanting other club's fans to go through it, but if they overstep the mark and get punished then "them's the rules".

Seems like they've been pushing the boundaries for some time and now they've got their cummupance.

pretty much

don't want any club to go bust, and it's not the fans doing, but no one complains when you're spending to try and get in and stay in the PL, us included

at least Derby's owner probably had the clubs best interests at heart, we had Ken Anderson

and then the whole Bassini saga

so I couldn't care less if someone else has to go through it