Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton Away

RUREADY2ROLL

7 hours ago, captainmed said:

Cannot believe that we are 9/4 to win this!!!

Need a win, any win and I think we’ll get it here.

Another tough game, not sure the league table tells the whole story for Charlton.  Scored in each of their last 5 league games, and as clean sheets aren't exactly our thing, it would be brave to bet on Charlton nil.  So we'd need to score 2 to win, and that's looking a tall order for us for now.

I'd take a 1-1 draw here and then hopefully get back to winning ways against Shrewsbury.

Bloody wish this was a Saturday I do like Charlton away and running short on London trips this season now.

I remember the one that was moved at very short notice over Easter time a few years back, ended up "watching" it with a few off here through a gap in a fence from the bar up the hill outside the away end and sharing the train back with Wheater.

Just now, Marc505 said:

Bloody wish this was a Saturday I do like Charlton away and running short on London trips this season now.

I remember the one that was moved at very short notice over Easter time a few years back, ended up "watching" it with a few off here through a gap in a fence from the bar up the hill outside the away end and sharing the train back with Wheater.

Wheater loved it got a pic somewhere 

So apparently Isgrove is out of this one due to the concussion rules (even though he didn’t suffer one), so - same XI as Saturday but with Kachunga in place of Izzy and Declan John for Gordon would be my guess.

Despite plenty of positives in the recent games, something seems to be missing, especially without Bakayokos different dimension. 

Seen a few calling for Lee to come in to the starting 11 or even Thomason. I wouldn’t be opposed to switching the midfield around a bit or even a formation change.

Doubt IE will do either of those things and I trust Evatt to get it right but it Must be tempting to want to change things up when results don’t go your way even if the performances have been good.