Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charity Match

L/H White

Im in for this just to see Ricky G one more time , but throw in Ivan,  JJ , tother JJ , SKD ,Gudni Boltonsson,  Nobby and Stelios and its a 90 min orgasm for me. If Youri is there too then theyll carry me out in a very sticky coffin.

Just booked tickets for the hotel and the black tie doo for me an the old man , he's knocking on and could do with cheering up , not sure I can still fit into the tux I bought when I was 22 tho . 

Who else is going off here ? Could be a bit of a squiffy night .

I’ve just spoke to the ticket office to move my seat for Saturday and asked about the reasoning behind only currently selling ESL seats. 
They told me that they didn’t want to open up all the stands as they may not sell out but will only open WSL when they have sold 90% of ESL. 

After WSL is nearly sold out they will then open NSL. To me it seems a stupid way to do it I would guess most folk would want to sit in their ST seat or close by but then again what do I know after 50 years of watching BWFC.

• Members

Just bought 2 tickets for me and little girl. She WILL like football 😂

Plus it's a awful disease close mo my heart. Seen way too many patients pass away from it. Most memorable one was a fella same age as me with 2 young kiddies. I broke down and sobbed in my car after that one. 

Edited by bolton_blondie

Looking forward to seeing who else they can sign up before the day it could be a lot of fun this.

Appreciate the timing of it can't be helped under the circumstances and I do expect it to sell well, but this would have been brilliant as a pre season summer game.

There will be plenty of fans that only decide to go a day or 2 before, who may want to sit with family/friends that have already bought tickets in ESL.  They won't have that option if its virtually full.  Could be the difference between some bothering to go and not.  For League Cup/FA Cup games they've always had ESL, WSL and NSL to choose from, even with 5k on.  Not criticism at all, just a shame if it stunts ticket sales.

1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

Yeah I don't get that either. Same as gig tickets. Why is there a fee if you print out at home or just flash your phone? 

Ticketmaster charge a percentage per transaction, plus there’s the overall cost of the system in general. Whether that should be passed on to the customer is another question altogether.