Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charity Match

L/H White

10 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I mention this yesterday. I know people who wanna buy tickets 3 days before and cant because they haven’t opened the north stand online.

I could understand it if there was a chance NSL might not be needed, but clearly it will.  It appears to make no sense not to sell in advance, plenty won't bother if they're unsure of sitting together and/or getting the worst seats.  But if there is a logic to it maybe they could explain.  Communication seems to have ground to a halt.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I could understand it if there was a chance NSL might not be needed, but clearly it will.  It appears to make no sense not to sell in advance, plenty won't bother if they're unsure of sitting together and/or getting the worst seats.  But if there is a logic to it maybe they could explain.  Communication seems to have ground to a halt.

don't panic mr mannering

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Traf said:

good chat, but...

...surely that's bollocks about the debt being brought down whilst he was here. A lot of our problems came from the contracts given out to his squad.

Did they?

Not sure which ones miself 

Our problems really started when we went down 

Our spending went up under Megson 

The squad that started the 09/10 season when Megson got sacked had about 5 or 6 of Sams signings from what i can see, the rest came later 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Traf said:

good chat, but...

...surely that's bollocks about the debt being brought down whilst he was here. A lot of our problems came from the contracts given out to his squad.

Did they?

The squad that started the 09/10 season when Megson got sacked had about 5 or 6 of Sams signings from what i can see, the rest came later 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Traf said:

good chat, but...

Did they?

53 minutes ago, Zico said:

Did they?

Debts increased every season that Sam was here.

They rocketed after he left for sure, but they certainly weren't being reduced in his time here.

8 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The summer of 2000 Bolton made a profit of £7 million in the transfer market - Jensen, Gudjohnsen, Fish sold for £9 million with Frandsen and Ricketts bought for £2 million.

Even in that environment Sam won promotion in 2001 - did the men in the boardroom not even reduce debts that year? 

I believe we were £15m in debt when Sam arrived and around £45m in debt when he left.
Those debts then spiralled out of control under subsequent managers.

Sam did a lot of great things here, but he didn't balance the books.

9 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The summer of 2000 Bolton made a profit of £7 million in the transfer market - Jensen, Gudjohnsen, Fish sold for £9 million with Frandsen and Ricketts bought for £2 million.

Even in that environment Sam won promotion in 2001 - did the men in the boardroom not even reduce debts that year? 

Weren't those sales made in anticipation of losing the parachute payment post-97/98 relegation though?

22 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Another impending fuckup.

If Sunday is pay on the gate in the North Lower, why are they selling specific seats.  Youre going to have hundreds of 'youre sat in my seat types.

There's going to be a lot of this I think. Emergency opening of NSU on the cards.

33 minutes ago, barryk32 said:

Another impending fuckup.

If Sunday is pay on the gate in the North Lower, why are they selling specific seats.  Youre going to have hundreds of 'youre sat in my seat types.

2 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Just been down to the ticket office, they said they may open south stand as pay on the day

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/november/ticket-info---match-for-mnd/

It was announced this morning that the cash gates will be for the South rather than North. If they got anywhere near 10,000 then that’s incredible for a charity match in November.