Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charity Match

L/H White

• Site Supporter

What a club, what a fan base. More there than 2 near neighbours get for championship games.

Great to see the old boys. Of the current crop, Amaechi has some skill and the 49 in midfield looks like he has something, Pettifer I think he’s called. Get him out on loan, see what he’s about

One of the best days ever at that stadium imo. 
Just to see Okocha and McGinlay score for one very last time.

Campo was sublime,amongst the oldies still got it were Stelios, David Lee, Ricky Gardner, Eagles…and Ian Evatt.

13k for a Charity match?, Pie eaters would have been lucky to break 3k, the tinpot tossers.

Got there for the second half the vibe around the stadium was tangible, the love for the club radiated off the pitch onto the terraces and reflected back in equal measure, I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye for the whole of the second half, so glad my lad was sat with me and experienced the love & positivity from all there, went for a beer after and an hour after the game ended we headed back to the car parked behind the south stand and there was still 200 plus fans waiting for the legends to come out of the hotel, luckily I got to see JJ and Jussi, they were fantastic with the fans posing for pictures and signing autographs, watched on for 20 minutes and no request was turned down, JJ was still mobbed as I drove of the car park… utterly wonderful occasion….. what a special football club is BWFC. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's that yielded cash wise- around 100k?

Not sure how much she needs, but that surely will put a dent in it.

Obviously things can be more complicated than we may sometimes think but a DVD of this match, the pre-game and post game stuff, interviews etc. would rake in a good bit more too.

It may ready be thought of but, just in case, if anyone has an in at the Wanderers to suggest this it would be worthwhile.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

8 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Obviously things can be more complicated than we may sometimes think but a DVD of this match, the pre-game and post game stuff, interviews etc. would rake in a good bit more too.

Hope so Doctor that would be a fantastic keepsake as well as another earner for Gethin. Bring it on.

What a fantastic afternoon that was, definitely had a lump in my throat seeing so many of the players who meant so much to me growing up take to the field one final time.

Bolton Wanderers is a magnificent football club. A special day and a lot of money raised for a great cause. 

Got my picture taken with Jussi. I'm well older than him but I still felt like a kid.

I was surprised on how far MND had effected Gethins mum considering how recently she was diagnosed.

Great day for everyone. God bless the Jones family, and not forgetting Stephen Darby and his charity.

Proud to be a Wanderer.

i think it shows just how supportive the town is really, and that the club is heading in the right direction on and off the field
i think something like these would be good one per season abit like a family fun day type thing, from the interviews ive seen over on twitter especially SKD the old boys seemed to enjoy it just as much as us fans 

• Members
24 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Got my picture taken with Jussi. I'm well older than him but I still felt like a kid.

I was surprised on how far MND had effected Gethins mum considering how recently she was diagnosed.

Great day for everyone. God bless the Jones family, and not forgetting Stephen Darby and his charity.

Proud to be a Wanderer.

MND is a fucker. Progresses so quickly. Seen quite alot of younger people with it. One fella my own age. It was heartbreaking. 

26 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Proud to be a Wanderer.

Was that outside the hotel?