Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury (H)

matty2094

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I can definitely see sheehan in for this reason. Looks to make things happen and sees a pass quickly.

Tricky selection for IE.

Surely he can’t drop Lee after his performance at Charlton? Could he find a way to play them both, maybe play without Izzy on the right wing? As you say, tricky for IE but what he gets paid for. 🥴

6 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Your definitely right and he won’t start John and neither will Baptiste. I would rest Sarc and put Sheehan in for him

If it was my decision to make I'd start the same team as we did on Tuesday. Baptiste was rusty but settled into the game, much the same with John, both players suffering initially from lack of games. Best I've seen Sarcevic play this season and got a goal into the bargain so worth his place IMO, same with Lee.

Edited by tkonion
Bad autocorrect

31 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Johnston has to return

Baptise is a liability and should be last resort

anyway very wet 2-0 win 

Yeh Johnston has to replace Baptiste.

Liam Gordon or Declan John?

Bakayoko & Isgrove will be on the bench, as will Josh Sheehan imo.

No doubt IE will consider his selection dilemmas as being a nice problem to have.

In Evatt we trust.

4-1

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh Johnston has to replace Baptiste.

Liam Gordon or Declan John?

Bakayoko & Isgrove will be on the bench, as will Josh Sheehan imo.

No doubt IE will consider his selection dilemmas as being a nice problem to have.

In Evatt we trust.

4-1

Close call with Gordon & John

going to say Gordon

• Members

Baps isn’t a liability IMO but he needs to be used sparingly, against a target man or a physical side then yeah he’ll be great, but playing a high line against a team of wingers and counter attackers forget about it 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Johnston has to return

Baptise is a liability and should be last resort

anyway very wet 2-0 win 

I’m not seeing this. Baptiste is an ok third choice for the CB role in my opinion. Santos had made practically the same mistake in the second half at Sunderland. An unforced error, passed ball out from defence straight to an opponent. Santos’ mistake didn’t result in a goal due to a combination of good defending and not very good attacking; that’s the only difference.

14 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I’m not seeing this. Baptiste is an ok third choice for the CB role in my opinion. Santos had made practically the same mistake in the second half at Sunderland. An unforced error, passed ball out from defence straight to an opponent. Santos’ mistake didn’t result in a goal due to a combination of good defending and not very good attacking; that’s the only difference.

The problem with Santos at times he receives the ball square on so then struggles to get out of his feet

• Members
56 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

The problem with Santos at times he receives the ball square on so then struggles to get out of his feet

No defender should ever be receiving it square on, why narrow the angle down to your teammate 

I like Baps but the way we play out from the back it’s best to have a proper left footer there, so I’d go for Johnson. Baps often gets penned in because of it and needs to bring it back on his right foot. John either isn’t fit yet or out of form but I’d still start him over Gordon because only games will improve him on both.