Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury (H)

matty2094

• Members
5 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Correct just watch now & again Santos does, and teams will be very much onto us playing about at the back 

I noticed IE screaming at Santos for being square on, all about angles that mon

Guessing that Shrewsbury will put men behind the ball & defend like mad, i'd like to see our most creative midfielder, Sheehan, playing, but it would be harsh to drop Lee. Maybe a chance to give MJ a rest, & he's only one booking away from a suspension i think.

For me, John for Gordon, Johnston for Baptiste & nothing in it, but Isgrove for Kachunga but i won't be arguing with IE's choices, it's good to have options & a couple more forwards getting close to coming back !!

40 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Guessing that Shrewsbury will put men behind the ball & defend like mad, i'd like to see our most creative midfielder, Sheehan, playing, but it would be harsh to drop Lee. Maybe a chance to give MJ a rest, & he's only one booking away from a suspension i think.

For me, John for Gordon, Johnston for Baptiste & nothing in it, but Isgrove for Kachunga but i won't be arguing with IE's choices, it's good to have options & a couple more forwards getting close to coming back !!

Good shout about resting MJ va va because surely we must be capable of winning this one without him and saving him for the potentially more difficult games. With Tutte injured maybe time to give Comley a go or pair Lee and George, or Lee and Josh together?

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Shrewsbury might not have started well but I don't fancy a midfield without MJ against anyone. Shame we'll have to do it soon though

The benefit of Lee alongside- hopefully he won't be getting quite as stretched, but its bound to happen eventually. 

We're new to this division, we've won 1 of out of 4 at home and had a lot of "nils" when teams have shut up shop.

Yet we're suddenly expecting to brush aside an established league one team by several goals, and can afford to rest some players?

Every game in this league is tough for us, most in the league below were tough too.  Play the strongest line up possible, and we can all debate who that would include, but nobody should be rested unless they're carrying an injury.

1-0 or 2-1 would be a great result.

4 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We're new to this division, we've won 1 of out of 4 at home and had a lot of "nils" when teams have shut up shop.

Yet we're suddenly expecting to brush aside an established league one team by several goals, and can afford to rest some players?

Every game in this league is tough for us, most in the league below were tough too.  Play the strongest line up possible, and we can all debate who that would include, but nobody should be rested unless they're carrying an injury.

1-0 or 2-1 would be a great result.

Spot on