Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury (H)

matty2094

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And if our goals were predictable, why didn’t they prevent them going into their fucking net? What a knob.

That was the thrust of his comment.

wtte of "we knew this, we  worked on it in training ... yet still we 'let' it happen".

Cock 

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

13 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

That was the thrust of his comment.

wtte of "we knew this, we  worked on it in training ... yet still we 'let' it happen".

Cock 

Tbf I also predicted we would score so he has a point 

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And if our goals were predictable, why didn’t they prevent them going into their fucking net? What a knob.

There was a quote about Hagi that I'll paraphrase "everybody knows what he's going to do, nobody can stop him though", I'm getting the same feeling with Dapo at the moment, seems Cotterill is too.

• Members
26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I’d say the goals were very UNpredictable, 2 pieces of sublime skill, that are the exception in this league rather than the norm.

A predictable goal would be a team filled with big players, scoring headed goals from set pieces.

Long throw flick on nod it in fair enough  not skip inside and curl it into the postage stamp. 🤡 

• Members
19 minutes ago, perth_white said:

The Sarce one was unpredictable but isn't what Dapo did exactly what you'd expect him to do just executed brilliantly?

Yeah and they still didn’t stop it. How shit are they 😂

What i suppose is predictable is that Dapo prefers to cut inside and shoot with his stronger right foot

It sounds easy for the opposition to suss what he’s planning to do, but if you’re a right footed right full back playing against someone who likes to cut inside and put you on your weaker foot is a nightmare to defend against.

Been there done that.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

10 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

What i suppose is predictable is that Dapo prefers to cut inside and shoot with his stronger right foot

It sounds easy for the opposition to suss what he’s planning to do, but if you’re a right footed right full back playing against someone who likes to cut inside and put you on your weaker foot is a nightmare to defend against.

Been there done that.

Strange with Dapo as he can go left too, or did at times last year. The next level for him is going on the outside every so often putting the full back in two minds.  

• Members
10 minutes ago, Traf said:

Dapo doesn't go outside his man that often because he's either weak on his left foot or he feels he's weak on his left foot.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the right for spells of games to go past the left back.

It’s gonna happen teams can’t keep letting him come inside to shoot. And if they do they’re fuckin stupid

Quite often this season there has been acres of space behind their right back because they’re so concerned about Dapo cutting inside. Would love to see him go on the outside every now and then, even if it’s just a case of knocking it in to space and backing himself in a foot race. Do it near the box and he might nick a penalty or two to boot. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

Dapo doesn't go outside his man that often because he's either weak on his left foot or he feels he's weak on his left foot.

I wouldn't mind seeing him on the right for spells of games to go past the left back.

Yes, definitely. He's got the pace and talent to whizz past them though, especially if they're expecting him to come inside. Once clear he can put it across or close in on goal. He did bag one against Ipswich with his left, so he can definitely do it. 

Still, seven for the season is excellent. 

I swear I'd barely seen a single free kick hit the back of the net (for either team) in a Bolton game since Gary Madine somehow put one in the top bin. Already seen 3 this season. Was there a fourth somewhere I'm forgetting?

Sheehan scored one against MK Dons, then they scored one against us. Now Shrewsbury have scored one, didn't even look that good on the replay if you watch the Inside Matchday video at 9 minutes 10 seconds. Definitely not top corner and I'm not slagging Dixon off, maybe L1 level keepers just aren't at that level to save freekicks like that, but feel like that would have been saved in a higher division.