Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury (H)

matty2094

Just now, radcliffe white said:

Excellent keeps momentum going

santos was immense

really don’t know what kachunga brings to the table 

I’d like him to succeed and I think that he retains the ball and finds a pass very well but apart from an effort in the second half I think he’s shot shy and maybe lacking in confidence. 

It took Dapo until the end of last season to get off the mark and he is now flying. 

I hope that Kachunga does the same. 

56 minutes ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Poor second half from us, not helped by this Ref. Commentary said linesman flagged offside so how can it be a freekick 

I assume Santos didn’t play to the whistle and handled it. If so, poor thinking.

Still more entertainment in that game than the whole of season before last. We do make it difficult but I'm loving it.

Santos motm Johnston excellent and I thought Lee was class for an hour before tiring. Which I reckon Evatt knew would happen so sheehan comes on.

Doyle put a shift in and no criticism from me, we didn't create anything for him but he played his part. 

IE says can do better and I'm certain we will . 

I really did think we were going on to win this 5-0. Where I sit, for both goals I had the angle and could see they were going in before they crossed the line. Great feeling. 

A win but done the Bolton way. Look like we were coasting it and then closer than what it should have been.  

Enjoyable match 🙂

4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’d like him to succeed and I think that he retains the ball and finds a pass very well but apart from an effort in the second half I think he’s shot shy and maybe lacking in confidence. 

It took Dapo until the end of last season to get off the mark and he is now flying. 

I hope that Kachunga does the same. 

He just seems to hide away and not want to show for the ball

maybe a confidence thing I don’t know but we have a good squad now so anyone not pulling their weight can be replaced 

4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I really did think we were going on to win this 5-0. Where I sit, for both goals I had the angle and could see they were going in before they crossed the line. Great feeling. 

A win but done the Bolton way. Look like we were coasting it and then closer than what it should have been.  

Enjoyable match 🙂

ESL was the perfect angle to see Sarce's goal. Beauty.

• Site Supporter
Just now, radcliffe white said:

He just seems to hide away and not want to show for the ball

maybe a confidence thing I don’t know but we have a good squad now so anyone not pulling their weight can be replaced 

If Jones is injured, it’d be great to see Isgrove and Baka down the right next week.

Isgrove did well in the second half. 

Foot off the gas in the second half and squeaky bum time for 7 minutes.  Perhaps a bit of complacency, but less pressing probably means more recovery for big games over the next two weeks which could define which way we’ll head for the season. 

The table doesn’t lie after 11 games and I think most would have taken 7th.

To put in perspective, this time last year were 3rd from bottom in league 2, at the lowest point in our history.  I’m loving being a Bolton fan right now.

Edited by bolton in bedford

Just seen a clip of Evatt's post match interview, said that after 2 goals went it, it was a bit too easy and took foot off the gas and atmosphere went out of the stadium.

Have to agree. When we went 2-0 up so early the crowd went a bit flat, seemed like we were gonna coast it but they gave us a decent game in the end.

Dixon's peno save proved vital.

Credit to Shrewsbury I thought they'd be knackered and capitulate like Charlton did on Tuesday. 

Maybe we slowed down or they have decent fitness too? 

First half was one of the most enjoyable halves of football since Coyle had us playing like Barcelona. 

• Site Supporter

I was too comfortable at 2-0 so great to see us revert to type and keep us on edge.

Santos is a beast. Deserved to win, didn’t play brilliantly though we did play some top stuff at times

Right that we won and probably about the right result too. They were not a patch on Rotherham, Oxford or MK though, think they will struggle

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

Poor second half from us, not helped by this Ref. Commentary said linesman flagged offside so how can it be a freekick 

The ref waved play on and over ruled the linesman. I think the ball may have come off one of our players and hence the lad wasn't off side. If that was the case then the ref was correct. If not then he's a sken eyed tosser. That said he allowed play on in the build up to one of our goals, so fair play on that.

The old saying "play to the whistle".

The wall was moved too far away though, which may have helped the fee kick taker- you could see from the cut of the grass that it was more than 10 yards.

Two great goals, not sure Sarc will ever hit one any better.

I thought Kachunga was OK first half, but when Isgrove came on, it didn't quite work. That said it wasn't great as a whole second half, Dapo quieter on the other side too.

Overall though, I thought Lee was the best player on the park in the first half and still did the hard yards in the second. His coverage of the pitch and availability was a joy to behold. Reckon him being in there has helped Sarc too- couple of goals now.

Santos absolutely immense at the back.

Their front lads were a problem for our back line all game, but they stood up to the test. Some strong running lads on their side too, kept us on our toes.

If we'd got a third when they were pushing, I reckon they'd have collapsed and it could have been a big win, but credit to them for competing well.

Russell Coughlin now replaced as the taker of the worst penalty I've seen at a Bolton game.

• Site Supporter

From the man who said he thought Kieron Lee often flattered to deceive... He has been fantastic these last 2 games 😁. A deserved win today & would have been more comfortable if the ref was up to scratch. A special mention for Isgrove who slotted in well at right back.