Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

SW away

captainmed

21 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I got my Hillsborough thrashings mixed up, I could have sworn Andy Booth got a first half hat-trick one New Years Day.  Checked it, and yes 5-0 defeat but it was Nov 97, our following inflated by high hopes after getting 4 points from Chelsea and Liverpool.  Booth hat-trick in 1st half, Di Canio got one.  They'd conceded 20 goals in previous 6 games!  New Years Day 96, only about 2k of us, 4-1 down after an hour, pulled another back.  Sasa scored a cracker.

Booth and Di Canio we’re both on fire that day but didn’t Peter Barnes play the first half for us and was absolute sheet and replaced at the break? Or was he just sub and replaced, can’t remember now?

10 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Booth and Di Canio we’re both on fire that day but didn’t Peter Barnes play the first half for us and was absolute sheet and replaced at the break? Or was he just sub and replaced, can’t remember now?

Nah, he was late 80's at Burnden park

13 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

That was at Sheff Utd

11 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Yep, thrashed 0-4 ,if I remember, on my 1st visit to Bramhall Lane. 

Yes, me too, first visit there, stood behind the goal avoiding those massive pillars (and I don't mean Glenn Keely and Trevor Morgan).  There were only 11k there and they were heading for promotion.

44 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Little remembered Peter Barnes fact...he had 2 spells with us over a year apart.  2 games in Oct 87 including a 5-0 win v Carlisle.  2 starts in Jan/Feb 1989, no goals scored, 6 conceded, 1 shirt removed.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, tomski said:

Seen a few Wednesday fans tweeting they are excited a big away following is coming. 

TBF they took over 2k to Plymouth.

Great support without being arrogant fuckers like dirty Leeds.