Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

SW away

captainmed

Pretty typical of our defeats, no lack of ball or commitment but never really looked like scoring.

No one was shit, no one was brilliant. 

result disappointing , tram back to station shit, other than that ok. Riverside cafe is the place to go. Curry should be ready to collect at half 7 

58 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Really? 

You normally have sensible comments! 

L2 might be a bit harsh and reactionary, but there’s no way they’re good enough to get promoted from L1.

60% possession and no chance of a goal again, other than if Dapo does something special. Doyle with chances, Sarce with the game passing him by - you can’t point the finger at Dapo and Kachunga is interchangeable with Isgrove, so it points directly at Sarce and Doyle.

Id be much happier seeing Sheehan start behind Baka against Wigan.

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

L2 might be a bit harsh and reactionary, but there’s no way they’re good enough to get promoted from L1.

60% possession and no chance of a goal again, other than if Dapo does something special. Doyle with chances, Sarce with the game passing him by - you can’t point the finger at Dapo and Kachunga is interchangeable with Isgrove, so it points directly at Sarce and Doyle.

Id be much happier seeing Sheehan start behind Baka against Wigan.

Sarce had his chance today before they scored, I need to see the highlights but it's almost like he pulled up awaiting the offside, rather than playing to the Whistle. 

I'll take zero goals today, as long as we score 4 or 5 next week. Which has been our reaction before on good performance with nowt from it before 

What prompted the kiosks getting closed? I saw it was getting a tad raucous and a lad in front of us got followed to the stand and removed by the stewards.

This standing in the aisles rather than going to your designated seat.  This a new thing?

9 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

This standing in the aisles rather than going to your designated seat.  This a new thing?

Not been today but noticed this a few times when teams have been to us this season, even when they’ve been nowhere near selling their allocation. Think it’s just a case of big groups of yoof piling in late on and not thinking of heading to emptier sections. Can see how it would be a pain in the arse for people to get passed.

• Members
22 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Sarce had his chance today before they scored, I need to see the highlights but it's almost like he pulled up awaiting the offside, rather than playing to the Whistle. 

I'll take zero goals today, as long as we score 4 or 5 next week. Which has been our reaction before on good performance with nowt from it before 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12430042/sheff-wed-1-0-bolton

29 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I've seen it at loads of away games in the last few seasons... especially when we have big followings... Rotherham, Burton , chesterfield , Doncaster, Northampton, Scunny...  ...when stewards ask them to move ... " We do what we want we do what we want , we are from Bolton we do what we want " ...

The aisles need to be kept clear for a reason, but it doesn't seem to matter to some . 

It won't matter when there's a serious incident either 

Anyway back on topic , the football this season is a breath of fresh air , just needs some fine tuning to allow us to go on a long undefeated run .

Heard rumours a pie got lobbed at a lass behind the bar. We have some fucking idiots following us. Got a beer just before they shut and it was getting a bit rowdy in the centre of the stand with smokebombs and beer getting lobbed about (no need, again)

Edited by DaisyHWanderer

3 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I've seen it at loads of away games in the last few seasons... especially when we have big followings... Rotherham, Burton , chesterfield , Doncaster, Northampton, Scunny...  ...when stewards ask them to move ... " We do what we want we do what we want , we are from Bolton we do what we want " ...

The aisles need to be kept clear for a reason, but it doesn't seem to matter to some . 

It won't matter when there's a serious incident either 

Anyway back on topic , the football this season is a breath of fresh air , just needs some fine tuning to allow us to go on a long undefeated run .

I only heard it was a thing at Sunderland when folk were complaining there were people sat in their designated seats.  At many places it's sit where you want but today was designated and i was a bit surprised at folk standing in the aisles rather than going to their designated seat, which presumably was in a location they didn't like.  Perhaps its elf and safety gone mad.  It's only the Leppings Lane end.  Not like there's been any issues there before. 

• Site Supporter

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

Ref was a joke. That booking for "diving" was just before their goal and I'd like to see the handball shout at the end again