Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

SW away

captainmed

• Members
40 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

Shannon sounds like she'd get on my tits. 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Shannon sounds like she'd get on my tits. 

She really would, I’m sure. I imagine all the young lads hang on to her every word in the hope of a bit of a finger-fumble. All she did all tram journey was bang on tram walls and look round to see who is impressed with her. I really did feel like drop kicking her off each time the doors started closing.

Just back, same old, same old, same as Sunderland & Cambridge, we were much the better team, no lack of effort from any player but we're just not clinical enough with the final ball  or taking the chances we do create.

The referee did us no favours, especially with their players continually going down feigning injury to stop us building any pressure & some odd offside decisions  against us when the "offside " player did not get involved.

No kneejerkery from me, we're close to being very good.

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Spent the afternoon & evening in the ocean bar in San Antonio with 20 Yorkshire lads cost about 1500 between us , what fucked me off was I’d paid 11 euro for live feed and it didn’t work, even worse 20 lads got in baloo in Bossa but the cunting bouncers wouldn’t let me in. 🤣

I like it 😎😎😎

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She's the creature bellowing in Sharon's face from the end of season video last year. Absolute disgrace 

The tone was set early doors when Kachunga bottled the opportunity to shoot and laid it off to Doyle.

Kachunga offers very little IMO, other than being part of a catchy song.
As for Doyle, I really like him and his workmate is excellent etc, but he's bang out of form in front of goal right now.

Mind you, with today's ref, we were always getting NIL. He'd have found a way of disallowing any goal we did get.

We've huffed and puffed today and not worked their keeper. We'll have days like this and at the end of the day we're still at 1.5pts per game, which isn't far away from play-off form :  not bad at all for a promoted team.

Beat the pies and today will be easily forgotten.

UTFW 

• Members
3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Just back, same old, same old, same as Sunderland & Cambridge, we were much the better team, no lack of effort from any player but we're just not clinical enough with the final ball  or taking the chances we do create.

The referee did us no favours, especially with their players continually going down feigning injury to stop us building any pressure & some odd offside decisions  against us when the "offside " player did not get involved.

No kneejerkery from me, we're close to being very good.

Great post. Those 1-0 defeats at Cambridge, Sunderland and Wednesday may come back to haunt us at the end of the season but, ATM, my mind keeps going back to last season when we didn't hit top gear until mid January. Not being wildly optimistic but we have seen enough to inspire confidence already this season.

Much to be grateful/thankful for and, as you say, we are close to being a very good team.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

The way we like to pass it about I started to wonder today if we might be better trying what Barca & City have & playing without a striker & using a midfielder as a 'false' 9.

I’ve thought this to. Some might think its us/IE being too clever if he did, but he’s such an advocate of the way Pep plays the game that it’s something he might try in the future, especially if Doyle continues to be out of form.

9 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

I’m the same I was apoplectic on both of those decisions. I’ll look at the highlights later too but from what I was seeing both decisions that should have gone with us not against us.

Is Shannon the one who was on the shoulders of some lad and starting chants off in concourse pre-game? If it’s her, yes very loud/gobby/vocal, but (based on what I’ve seen before/and today) I’ve seen plenty of blokes the same/worse. I chatted to her at Longridge away, she’s a massive fan and follows us everywhere, she was ok that day

But I take your point there’s a line you cross and maybe today with her antics on the tram she crossed it.

If it’s the same girl that is?! 😂

7 hours ago, Traf said:

The tone was set early doors when Kachunga bottled the opportunity to shoot and laid it off to Doyle.

Kachunga offers very little IMO, other than being part of a catchy song.
As for Doyle, I really like him and his workmate is excellent etc, but he's bang out of form in front of goal right now.

Mind you, with today's ref, we were always getting NIL. He'd have found a way of disallowing any goal we did get.

We've huffed and puffed today and not worked their keeper. We'll have days like this and at the end of the day we're still at 1.5pts per game, which isn't far away from play-off form :  not bad at all for a promoted team.

Beat the pies and today will be easily forgotten.

UTFW 

Agree. Ref awful today, Doyle out of form and we will have days like this, it’s part of our evolution from being a Div 2 side to a good League 1/potential championship side.

As you say bring on them bastards next week now, a win will leave us with that result firmly in the archives 

Very frustrating to dominate so much and come away with nothing.  But on the plus side we are creating chances and on another day we'd have won comfortably.  

Doyle desperately needs any kind of goal , even though personally I thought his second half chance was a good save rather than a bad miss , but he's then replaced by Baka who in 20 minutes of being on I can't remember him touching the ball .

Still we dust ourselves off and go again next week . 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, desperado said:

Doyle out of form

I’d say he’s bang on form. Unfortunately, his current form just isn’t great in front of goal.

Regarding watching the highlights on the EFL show, I actually thought with having no Championship games and only four EFL1 games we’d have a fairly extended game. No such thing; the extended bit was an interview at Sutton Utd! 

Our highlights were Doyle not scoring in first minute, Santos getting robbed but them wasting the opportunity and their goal. Thirty seconds (ish)

IE is getting a fine tune out of mainly L2 quality players and that is commendable. 

Our captain & vice are clearly in that category and should be dropped IMO.

Only a younger Lee, Santos & Dapo are capable of playing any higher. 

We play too much football. 

We have now conceded first in 9/12 games which is a ridiculous stat given the points total. 

I’ve heard 4 detailed accounts of yesterday’s performance, 2 impartial and none of them bear any resemblance to IE post match interview. 

Take it on the chin and move on, but there is a recurring theme here. 

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Very frustrating to dominate so much and come away with nothing.  But on the plus side we are creating chances and on another day we'd have won comfortably.  

Doyle desperately needs any kind of goal , even though personally I thought his second half chance was a good save rather than a bad miss , but he's then replaced by Baka who in 20 minutes of being on I can't remember him touching the ball .

Still we dust ourselves off and go again next week . 

We dominate most games but it is in the build-up-from-the-back stage. Keeper to centre back to wide player, to midfield to centre back to keeper to centre back…

We keep talking about how it breaks teams down. Problem is, not quite enough to kill them off. Cambridge, Sunderland and now Wednesday, all games where we were massively superior in possession but all lost by a single goal. 

Edited by MickyD
Disambiguation

15 minutes ago, MickyD said:

We dominate most games but it is in the build-up-from-the-back stage. Keeper to centre back to wide player, to midfield to centre back to keeper to centre back…

We keep talking about how it breaks teams down. Problem is, not quite enough to kill them off. Cambridge, Sunderland and now Wednesday, all games where we were massively superior in possession but all lost by a single goal. 

But on the other hand  that shows we aren't a million miles away , especially with the defeats all being ( pretty much ) smash and grabs for the home team bizarrely.  Just a bit more luck and better final balls show how deadly we can be , if we scored first yesterday it probably ends up 3 or 4 . The playing it around at the back infuriates me in injury time though , especially with a unit like Baka up top , just get it in the box.

Edited by dusan nikolic