Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

SW away

captainmed

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

John shit defending again and Doyle dog shit finishing again - that’s why we didn’t win

Santos didn't have a clue where the runner was for the goal either, ball watching, just run straight across him.

Also our delivery into the box was v v poor

Edited by JimmyRiddle

So disappointed second half we just didnt compete as for Doyle he needs to be benched for a while just not doing it atm.

Agree with comments about crossing into the box piss poor .

Need to be better next week otherwise Wigan will stuff us .

Didn’t think we played badly at all, until after their goal. Last 20 mins were poor.

Doyle getting the finger pointed at him, just lacking confidence for me. Could do with a rest, but Bakayoko didn’t do much when he came on. In fact, none of the subs made an impact.

We move on.

Wigan game just got more important 

the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half we had enough chances to be 3up, can't let a runner free for their goal, after we put on the 3 subs it kinda fell apart, Jones overhitting or/underhitting crosses a lot, Don't think Baka had a touch.

Doyle shouldn't be hitting the keeper from that range, John at the back stick from Dapo's lofted cross was unlucky and Doyle choose the wrong option goijg for Sarcevic when Lee would have been in.

no way Bolton deserved to lose, just one bit of poor defending cost us a point, should defo have won, we seem to score a lot, or miss chances and lose games we shouldn't.

The last half hour sounded very meek on the commentary, another keeper that didn't seem to be overworked?

It does feel like we need a worldy, usually from Dapo, or we don't score. For all our passing, the goals rely on individuals having a blinder.  Its rare for us to get the routine team goal that won the games for Cambridge, Sunderland and Sheff Wed.

But IE will know that and he'll work on it, still happy to see us in top half with the lack of potential scorers.

Thought we were the better side and should've had at least a couple goals before they scored. Bad defending by John to start with but Santos should've been more alert when the ball came in.

After that we just didn't play with enough urgency and Sheffield were happy to just sit back and let us knock it around.

Disappointing result but that's football. Win next week and it'll be forgotten.

Come On You Whites!!!

26 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Big away following, anyone expect anything different ?

It is incredible how we don't win or even score if there's a lot there.  Almost makes me grateful there were no fans in last season, all those away wins, that doesn't happen with us taking thousands to a lot of those games.

30 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Honestly, I don,'t know how we've managed to lose that. Not at our best, but they are crap.

It sounded like they are poor yes but their goal was something we should aspire to, a great cross, a strong, determined accurate finish.  If you have someone like that hanging around the box you've always got a chance and added to Bannan in midfield they can't be that bad.

We weren’t great. 

They were equally terrible and surely can’t be happy on that evidence.

Absolutely do not like to criticise players, and get that he might be behind on fitness, but Kachunga is massively limited from what I’ve seen.

Also, we were crying out for a change before they scored (Baka for Kacha would’ve been my shout). Nonetheless I’ll back Evatt to the hilt and this is in no way a criticism. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE

Not one for slagging the players after where we have come from and what we did last season but ffs doyle -  hes taking 5 mins to control turn and shoot ,his lay off ball is poor, final straw was the ball he played left when going forward,  surely he could see the 2 defenders had been drawn to that side .    Kachunga is a sub at best,  yes he gets back but isgrove does it a lot better and is far more dangerous.   

Evatt knows his stuff, be amazed if these 2 arent changed for next week especially with Jones missing at rb.    

We are great to watch and have a real togetherness In the squad but we just don’t have the quality of players , yet I hasten to add, to execute it and deliver the goods consistently. We will get what we need and hopefully in January it’s just whether we have too many more games where we should be getting points and not to mount a challenge. 
I think we will be fine personally. 

safe journey home to all those who have travelled. Marvelous once again chaps 👏🏻👏🏻