Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

SW away


captainmed
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

This standing in the aisles rather than going to your designated seat.  This a new thing?

I've seen it at loads of away games in the last few seasons... especially when we have big followings... Rotherham, Burton , chesterfield , Doncaster, Northampton, Scunny...  ...when stewards ask them to move ... " We do what we want we do what we want , we are from Bolton we do what we want " ...

The aisles need to be kept clear for a reason, but it doesn't seem to matter to some . 

It won't matter when there's a serious incident either 

 

Anyway back on topic , the football this season is a breath of fresh air , just needs some fine tuning to allow us to go on a long undefeated run .

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard rumours a pie got lobbed at a lass behind the bar. We have some fucking idiots following us. Got a beer just before they shut and it was getting a bit rowdy in the centre of the stand with smokebombs and beer getting lobbed about (no need, again)

Edited by DaisyHWanderer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nottm_Wanderer said:

I've seen it at loads of away games in the last few seasons... especially when we have big followings... Rotherham, Burton , chesterfield , Doncaster, Northampton, Scunny...  ...when stewards ask them to move ... " We do what we want we do what we want , we are from Bolton we do what we want " ...

The aisles need to be kept clear for a reason, but it doesn't seem to matter to some . 

It won't matter when there's a serious incident either 

 

Anyway back on topic , the football this season is a breath of fresh air , just needs some fine tuning to allow us to go on a long undefeated run .

 

 

I only heard it was a thing at Sunderland when folk were complaining there were people sat in their designated seats.  At many places it's sit where you want but today was designated and i was a bit surprised at folk standing in the aisles rather than going to their designated seat, which presumably was in a location they didn't like.  Perhaps its elf and safety gone mad.  It's only the Leppings Lane end.  Not like there's been any issues there before. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

Ref was a joke. That booking for "diving" was just before their goal and I'd like to see the handball shout at the end again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't sit in your seat at away games ....FACT ... (it's in capitals so its true)

If you stand in the aisles & there's an 'event those in the aisles will always move first anyway! ... FACT ... capitals etc etc

Hitler Stewards trying to make an issue where there isn't one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
40 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

Shannon sounds like she'd get on my tits. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spent the afternoon & evening in the ocean bar in San Antonio with 20 Yorkshire lads cost about 1500 between us , what fucked me off was I’d paid 11 euro for live feed and it didn’t work, even worse 20 lads got in baloo in Bossa but the cunting bouncers wouldn’t let me in. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Shannon sounds like she'd get on my tits. 

She really would, I’m sure. I imagine all the young lads hang on to her every word in the hope of a bit of a finger-fumble. All she did all tram journey was bang on tram walls and look round to see who is impressed with her. I really did feel like drop kicking her off each time the doors started closing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back, same old, same old, same as Sunderland & Cambridge, we were much the better team, no lack of effort from any player but we're just not clinical enough with the final ball  or taking the chances we do create.

The referee did us no favours, especially with their players continually going down feigning injury to stop us building any pressure & some odd offside decisions  against us when the "offside " player did not get involved.

No kneejerkery from me, we're close to being very good.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Spent the afternoon & evening in the ocean bar in San Antonio with 20 Yorkshire lads cost about 1500 between us , what fucked me off was I’d paid 11 euro for live feed and it didn’t work, even worse 20 lads got in baloo in Bossa but the cunting bouncers wouldn’t let me in. 🤣

I like it 😎😎😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just back.

One thing not really discussed is Dapo getting booked for being fouled. What the fuck? Immediately after that, Kachunga got caught with the ball giving them the free kick from which they scored. 
Also, the penalty claim in the dying seconds. Ref pointed to his knee as if to say either it had come up off his knee onto his arm or it had hit his knee not his arm. Either way, bollocks! It hit his outstretched arm. I will study the highlights show later.

Also, we have a new breed of dickhead watching us. A young girl by the name of Shannon, climbing all over the tram generally being an arse. Almost wanting folk to chastise her so she could have a go back.

She even joined in as the youngsters sang, “She’s got chlamydia!”

She's the creature bellowing in Sharon's face from the end of season video last year. Absolute disgrace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The tone was set early doors when Kachunga bottled the opportunity to shoot and laid it off to Doyle.

Kachunga offers very little IMO, other than being part of a catchy song.
As for Doyle, I really like him and his workmate is excellent etc, but he's bang out of form in front of goal right now.

Mind you, with today's ref, we were always getting NIL. He'd have found a way of disallowing any goal we did get.

We've huffed and puffed today and not worked their keeper. We'll have days like this and at the end of the day we're still at 1.5pts per game, which isn't far away from play-off form :  not bad at all for a promoted team.

Beat the pies and today will be easily forgotten.

UTFW 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ref was shit, Doyle even shitter, don't give two fucks about his work rate, he's paid to score goals, and he's a million miles away from being a league 1 player, we ain't a long way off being a proper team, and a promotion contender, but if Doyle is the answer, what's the question? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Just back, same old, same old, same as Sunderland & Cambridge, we were much the better team, no lack of effort from any player but we're just not clinical enough with the final ball  or taking the chances we do create.

The referee did us no favours, especially with their players continually going down feigning injury to stop us building any pressure & some odd offside decisions  against us when the "offside " player did not get involved.

No kneejerkery from me, we're close to being very good.

 

Great post. Those 1-0 defeats at Cambridge, Sunderland and Wednesday may come back to haunt us at the end of the season but, ATM, my mind keeps going back to last season when we didn't hit top gear until mid January. Not being wildly optimistic but we have seen enough to inspire confidence already this season.

Much to be grateful/thankful for and, as you say, we are close to being a very good team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Casino unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.