Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

• Members

Allocation 1038

Season Ticket Holders- Tuesday 5th October, 10am (one per season ticket holder).

Open Sale-- Tuesday 12th October, 10am.

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £23.00

Over 65s: £18.00

Under 23s: £13.00

Under 18s: £9.00

Under 12s: £6.00

Under 8s: £3.00

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Traf said:

The only positive from a coach trip like that, is the fact that you don't need to stay over.

That’s a negative if you enjoy driving yourself and also enjoy a chance of post-match drink rather than heading straight to the motorway.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nearly always did the coach in my youth.

Trips to Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea for example were a fair trek, but wasn't too bad really. Especially if you bought a rub off!

To be fair, plenty independent groups ran coaches and they weren’t quite the sterile journeys you get now. It wasn’t that long ago they banned drinking on football related transport. It probably coincided with most coaches getting toilet facilities, which seems a bit strange.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

To be fair, plenty independent groups ran coaches and they weren’t quite the sterile journeys you get now. It wasn’t that long ago they banned drinking on football related transport. It probably coincided with most coaches getting toilet facilities, which seems a bit strange.

Always did the travel club, apart from Barnsley in the cup, and that was an eye opening adventure.

Did 2 coach trips to Plymouth, both setting off at midnight from Bolton. !st one was from Moor Lane, probably Hargreaves, there first thing in the morning ( both times ) so had time to have a good look round. After, a mile or two out, we saw a few of theirs on a bridge ahead & told the driver to stop while we chased them off but he ploughed on & we had to make the long journey back with a couple of windows smashed.

2nd time it was Lol's or Barney's coach ( i think Athy White off here was also on it ) & there was some argy bargy round the bus station pre match but can't remember a thing about the game or the journey back......probably passed out.

This was the one i most fancied this season but a night game has made it tricky......still hope to do it though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2021 at 19:28, bolton va va said:

Did 2 coach trips to Plymouth, both setting off at midnight from Bolton. !st one was from Moor Lane, probably Hargreaves, there first thing in the morning ( both times ) so had time to have a good look round. After, a mile or two out, we saw a few of theirs on a bridge ahead & told the driver to stop while we chased them off but he ploughed on & we had to make the long journey back with a couple of windows smashed.

2nd time it was Lol's or Barney's coach ( i think Athy White off here was also on it ) & there was some argy bargy round the bus station pre match but can't remember a thing about the game or the journey back......probably passed out.

This was the one i most fancied this season but a night game has made it tricky......still hope to do it though.

Aye I was on that, Plymouth came into the cafe on the bus station really early about 9.00am, most of us picked up the heavy glass ash trays off the tables to use/throw or whatever we were going to do with them, a few Horwich lads on it, C. H. and A.H. IIRC a Plymouth lad was stabbed (allegedly) but it wasn't serious. Again IIRC it finished 1-1 with Paul Mariner scoring both goals, I remember one lad going on the pitch for the corner flag to use when it kicked off