Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

3 hours ago, green genie said:

Presume most of you on overnight stops will be around the Hoe and Barbican.  If weather as crap as predicted try the Fisherman's which is off waterside but decent boozer. 

Had 2 pints of Devon rock in there this afternoon.  That's strong stuff! Much easier drive down than anticipated too. 👍

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Isgrove as full back fills me with dread and I'm not much easier with him as wing back

Aye, as a full back.

As a wing back, with sufficient protection inside from MJ/Thomason, then it might work.

Whoever goes out there is going to have a tough job at the moment. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, as a full back.

As a wing back, with sufficient protection inside from MJ/Thomason, then it might work.

Whoever goes out there is going to have a tough job at the moment. 

Not sure how Plymouth play but if they don't have a target man, Aimson, Baps and Johnston as a back 3 might work. It should be fairly mobile at least

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Not sure how Plymouth play but if they don't have a target man, Aimson, Baps and Johnston as a back 3 might work. It should be fairly mobile at least

Aye.

When he did it last season, iirc Brockbank was wing back on occasions, and I would assume he would put him there again, though I don't see that being his best position. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, matty2094 said:

Just seen that they've not won midweek in almost 12 months and we're unbeaten in however many games under the lights. 

We all know what's coming don't we?

Yep, 4-1 for us.

KTF.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Isgrove as full back fills me with dread and I'm not much easier with him as wing back

Really? When he’s had to play there I think he’s been decent. Plenty of energy and keeps it simple - after Brockbanks performance I think he has to start.

Hope Evatt makes a few changes too. Aimson deserves a crack especially with Santos out - isn’t he ex Plymouth too, like Sarcevic?

On that note it seems anti-Sarcevic comments are growing and I can understand why. He does give us a goal threat but can also be anonymous in games.

I’ve only really been happy with Lee and MJ  in our midfield this season. Sheehan’s had a couple of moments but has fallen off it in recent weeks, sloppy passing, not strong enough. He’ll come good I think but not in his greatest form right now.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If ever there was gonna be nil point, this is the one, if IE coaxes even a point I’ll me mightily impressed, wish I was going, never done Plymouth, I’ll iFollow wanker Tuesday. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If ever there was gonna be nil point, this is the one, if IE coaxes even a point I’ll me mightily impressed, wish I was going, never done Plymouth, I’ll iFollow wanker Tuesday. 

part timer , but i've been before, good luck to those going, unfortunately another defeat 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Really? When he’s had to play there I think he’s been decent. Plenty of energy and keeps it simple - after Brockbanks performance I think he has to start.

Hope Evatt makes a few changes too. Aimson deserves a crack especially with Santos out - isn’t he ex Plymouth too, like Sarcevic?

On that note it seems anti-Sarcevic comments are growing and I can understand why. He does give us a goal threat but can also be anonymous in games.

I’ve only really been happy with Lee and MJ  in our midfield this season. Sheehan’s had a couple of moments but has fallen off it in recent weeks, sloppy passing, not strong enough. He’ll come good I think but not in his greatest form right now.

It's probably the thought of playing a winger as full back.

I agree, he's done OK. Short term, the odd few minutes then maybe.

If Brockbank isn't fancied with Jones out, we have to move him out ASAP.

I don't think Brocky is that bad though. Certainly not as bad as some make him out to be

4 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

It's probably the thought of playing a winger as full back.

I agree, he's done OK. Short term, the odd few minutes then maybe.

If Brockbank isn't fancied with Jones out, we have to move him out ASAP.

I don't think Brocky is that bad though. Certainly not as bad as some make him out to be

Brockbank can certainly play better than that and it would be wrong to heap blame on him as everyone was poor.

First half though he made a few mistakes and the crowd around me were groaning every time he got the ball.

I saw Evatt tell Isgrove to warm up after one such mistake and I was surprised he didn’t bring him on at half time.

Think he’ll need to earn back the managers trust but I could be totally wrong