Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

4 hours ago, captainmed said:

IE needs to drop the captain and show some balls, especially if he is carrying an injury. 

Missing Plymouth will hurt him and he’s been bloody hopeless so far this season, when supposedly fit. 

He is no leader and a L2 footballer in reality, nothing more. 

The only thing he provides is an odd goal but that’s just not enough. 

Hopefully Lee is back. 

I know what you're saying but anyone that has an odd goal in him needs to be in the team.  We could play like Man City but someone has to put the ball in the net if Dapo isn't going to curl in a 20 yarder.

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Isgrove as full back fills me with dread and I'm not much easier with him as wing back

Me too.  The thought of 3 at the back gives me flashbacks to last season's nightmares. We don't have anyone that can play wingback, so don't play them.  Round pegs in round holes. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Members
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Probably not, you could play him on the right with Isgrove behind. 

I genuinely think Isgrove would be decent at RB, keeps the ball well, can pass defend and attack 

Be a kick in the dick for Harry like 

Just now, Rudy said:

I genuinely think Isgrove would be decent at RB, keeps the ball well, can pass defend and attack 

Feel for the lad, but this is pro football no room for selection on sentiment, think he’d benefit by going on loan to league 2 in January he needs regular football for 12 months, he ain’t getting that game time here anytime soon. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Feel for the lad, but this is pro football no room for selection on sentiment, think he’d benefit by going on loan to league 2 in January he needs regular football for 12 months, he ain’t getting that game time here anytime soon. 

Yeah I think IE makes the best decisions for the team and the club not individuals

I think he’ll go with with again tomorrow but with Isgrove instead of Baka

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

With Jones out for so long Brockbank deserves a run 

Forget Saturday, they were all shit 

He's a Bolton born full back though, they never get an easy time off the fans 

No doubt he wasn't even the best footballer at Turton, they never are

• Site Supporter

Aye.

Not sure about why Isgrove is suddenly a potential full back. Fine going forward, but a different responsibility in a back line. Brockbank would offer more in the air too if the opposition use that tactic.

Round pegs an all that. Isgrove in front where he's best.

22 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

With all the defensive disruption, I have a sneaky feeling Gilks will play just for his organisation

I fucking hope not.

In the games he's played this season his body appears to have aged 10 years since the end of last season.

Same team tomorrow except Isgrove in for Baka to give Brocky the support in front of him that he never got on Saturday. Can’t understand some on here wanting to throw the baby out with the bath water and change everything. That’s the first poor game we’ve had for goodness sake and if Sarce’s volley had gone in it could all have been very different. IE will stick with his system and what the players know and so he should.

• Site Supporter

Dixon was at fault for the third goal but he's not done enough wrong to warrant him getting dropped.

I think he's been one of our best players this season.

Dixon

Brockbank Aimson Johnston Gordon

MJ       

Isgrove Sheehan Sarcevic Afolayan

Doyle

Providing the injury situation is the same.

Nearly preferring Thomasson to Sarce but I think that he will be a bit more fired up, playing against his old team. He does need dropping but what's the alternative with our injuries and lack of squad depth?