Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Plymouth just doesn't do taxis, fucking walked miles today in piss rain. Not even an official bus service back into town from ground either. Copper saying "well we're not a city are we" is simply not an excuse 😂

Some of our lot didn't cover themselves in glory tonight (that girl is making a name for herself in a bad way, but if it was a lad?...), and that's before we get into those on the pitch. Having said that, Sarcevic puts that run and chance away who knows but we deserved nowt.

Unbelievable that with the taxis!

found a kebab place and it was full of lads from the Vulcan😀 staggered back with a tray of meat & chips

oh and that cunt who tried nicking mine & Thorpeys coats wtf 

Wrong thread but taxis in Plymouth fucked since Brexit. One firm had monopolised using Polish drinvers for years. 100+ Toyota Prius got left at Brizzle Airport. 

Not sure how much the driving rain into faces affected that game of two halves. Just glad it didn't start 15 minutes earlier. 

2 minutes ago, green genie said:

Wrong thread but taxis in Plymouth fucked since Brexit. One firm had monopolised using Polish drinvers for years. 100+ Toyota Prius got left at Brizzle Airport. 

Not sure how much the driving rain into faces affected that game of two halves. Just glad it didn't start 15 minutes earlier. 

Well played yesterday. Didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear.

Not to disheartened, we are on a bit of a slump but I think we will come out of it sooner than later.

For those who traveled it’s sounds like the game from hell, bloody fantastic effort. 👏👏👏

As per Evatts comments players, fans & management sticking together through this rough patch is spot on, confident we will come through it stronger. KTF. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, radcliffe white said:

Unbelievable that with the taxis!

found a kebab place and it was full of lads from the Vulcan😀 staggered back with a tray of meat & chips

oh and that cunt who tried nicking mine & Thorpeys coats wtf 

"Oh sorry it was a mistake" aye alright, fucking disgraceful!

Safe journey back everyone going home this morning, let's not do this again in a hurry 😂

10 hours ago, Arrested development said:

We were ten times worse with bakayoko and hoofball. The 'get the ball forward' crew get on my tits. It's fucking shite watching your keeper hoof a ball upfield in the hope something happens. 

When we get the ball on the floor we are better. We are built to play out from the back. Sometimes we are too patient but we are a work in progress. 

I'll take passing it around the back 4 over long ball any day of the week. 

not when your playing in 10" of water 

• Members
13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

No. As ever she was with a group of yoof on the travel club coaches 

Where the fuck are the parents letting her travel to the other side of the country. I assume she’s still in school? 

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, woolli said:

It is! We will just move on again eh Cheese. 3 straight defeats, 8 goals conceded, none scored, everything fine then!

What do you suggest? We're on a poor run, and have been hit by injuries/suspensions at the worst possible time, playing sides that are in good form. Throwing your toys out of the pram isn't going to change anything.

24 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Doubt it. 18-20 I'd say. Perhaps a mental age of a small child who hasn't yet worked out there are consequences to their actions.. 

But perhaps that's just yoof these days across the board 

I'm a little concerned about her mental wellbeing and there could be a safeguarding issue here. She's clearly being encouraged/egged on by others and she seems that desperate for any attention, good or bad, that she's making an absolute dick of herself.

Her behaviour is poor, but those standing around and geeing her on are worse.

25 minutes ago, Cheese said:

What do you suggest? We're on a poor run, and have been hit by injuries/suspensions at the worst possible time, playing sides that are in good form. Throwing your toys out of the pram isn't going to change anything.

I think i suggest we have bigger problems than you care to realise! 6 defeats in the last 10 without scoring a goal suggests to me this could end up a relegation fight if we are not careful. I dont get paid to suggest anything, thats Evatts job, my only suggestion would be to go more defensive away, especially against the better  teams. I would play both Williams and Thomason in front of the back four. We need to stop shipping goals as a starting point, and push on from there.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm a little concerned about her mental wellbeing and there could be a safeguarding issue here. She's clearly being encouraged/egged on by others and she seems that desperate for any attention, good or bad, that she's making an absolute dick of herself.

I agree. Something not quite right. I honestly feel like i should find her and talk to her. 

6 minutes ago, woolli said:

I think i suggest we have bigger problems than you care to realise! 6 defeats in the last 10 without scoring a goal suggests to me this could end up a relegation fight if we are not careful. I dont get paid to suggest anything, thats Evatts job, my only suggestion would be to go more defensive away, especially against the better  teams. I would play both Williams and Thomason in front of the back four. We need to stop shipping goals as a starting point, and push on from there.

I think there’s truth in what both you and Cheese say Wooli but we have to be careful we don’t overstate the situation. Our goal rate is poor but it’s not because we haven’t created chances so something must be working. As for defence, yes we’ve conceded early but even yesterday with the chances we had second half, we could have pulled that back. I think we’re just lacking in personnel. I worry about Doyle at this level, Kachunga isn’t a goal scorer and Dapo just needs to stop complaining and concentrate on doing what he’s good at. Other than up top where it’s now abundantly clear we need to invest in January, I’m happy our current squad is good enough to at least finish top ten.

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

The few times I've come across her this season, she's been loud and leery but no better or worse than the group she's with.  As you say, many who should know better.  I was stood close to a few last night who seem to equate supporting their team with just shouting abuse at opposition players and opposition fans.