Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

Encountered her for the first time outside the hotel after Crawley. Soon as the players came out she vaulted the fence and started ballooning about with them. Security put her back on the ‘right’ side of the fence to which she climbed on top of and kept pestering players for a shirt

Then again against Cols in pre-season. Stood behind their keeper giving him shit at every goal kick, particularly first half. 

She’s quickly formed a reputation but some of the abuse she’s getting on Twitter is bordering on bullying. Not sure if she’s one of these that thrive off attention though.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

What do you suggest? We're on a poor run, and have been hit by injuries/suspensions at the worst possible time, playing sides that are in good form. Throwing your toys out of the pram isn't going to change anything.

👍exactly. We’re all impatient but sometimes you just have to take the pain. I’m confident we will come back fighting with this manager and core of good players. The top sides in this league have built squads over 2/3 years and we need another few windows to get there. 

52 minutes ago, woolli said:

I think i suggest we have bigger problems than you care to realise! 6 defeats in the last 10 without scoring a goal suggests to me this could end up a relegation fight if we are not careful. I dont get paid to suggest anything, thats Evatts job, my only suggestion would be to go more defensive away, especially against the better  teams. I would play both Williams and Thomason in front of the back four. We need to stop shipping goals as a starting point, and push on from there.

We are a work in progress. It’s going to take time to crack this division, look at how Sunderland and Ipswich are only now starting to get to grips with it after three seasons. 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

I'm a little concerned about her mental wellbeing and there could be a safeguarding issue here. She's clearly being encouraged/egged on by others and she seems that desperate for any attention, good or bad, that she's making an absolute dick of herself.

Her behaviour is poor, but those standing around and geeing her on are worse.

Spot on. Should be left well alone by all. 

8 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It’s going to take time to crack this division, look at how Sunderland and Ipswich are only now starting to get to grips with it after three seasons. 

On the other hand Wigan were in administration in March and battling to avoid relegation to Div 4.

In one transfer window their new owner has signed up enough quality for them to be serious promotion candidates

13 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Thought you was going

I did go, and I was sat next to Shannon all the way down and back!!!

She wasn’t drinking at all in either direction. 

I am more concerned about Bolton Wanderers to be honest. 

Got back home at 4-55AM.

😂😂

Edited by captainmed

32 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

On the other hand Wigan were in administration in March and battling to avoid relegation to Div 4.

In one transfer window their new owner has signed up enough quality for them to be serious promotion candidates

They are on a different level to us regarding wages and investment.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Doubt it. 18-20 I'd say. Perhaps a mental age of a small child who hasn't yet worked out there are consequences to their actions.. 

But perhaps that's just yoof these days across the board 

She is 17, lives in Breightmet and is at college. 

She is very immature, craves attention and name drops constantly. 

She isn’t a bad kid, but is egged on by younger Bolton lads. 

I had a word with her numerous times on the journey and told her that she is getting a name for herself and is she’s not careful she will be getting a ban. 

6 hours ago, tomski said:

Well played yesterday. Didn’t have to get out of 2nd gear.

Not to disheartened, we are on a bit of a slump but I think we will come out of it sooner than later.

Maybe you will have to take a pragmatic view on the beautiful game . Having two men in 6 yd box for goalkicks was only inviting us to hound rest of your players high up leading to lump it to big bloke up top too often.

We're getting results from mixing it up, can play triangles through the middle but will play down channels as well.