Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Plymouth away

burnden

I don't get why anyone old enough to drink goes into the ground early to booze rather than finding a pub, & then become a nuisance to other Bolton fans by getting mouthy & throwing ale around. My guess is that they're mostly k & f types who don't like to lose sight of their coaches.

Finding & chancing "foreign " pubs was  always part of the fun of away trips !!!

10 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I don't get why anyone old enough to drink goes into the ground early to booze rather than finding a pub, & then become a nuisance to other Bolton fans by getting mouthy & throwing ale around. My guess is that they're mostly k & f types who don't like to lose sight of their coaches.

Finding & chancing "foreign " pubs was  always part of the fun of away trips !!!

I've been guilty of this in the past so I'm obviously just getting old and hypocritical now but one thing that annoyed me Tuesday was that it was an absolute ballache of a journey however people got there, so in that case why spend 80% of the game downstairs in a breezeblock concourse chanting at eachother? Do it upstairs in the stands!

9 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

We couldn’t get into any pubs and we were there nearly 2 hours before kick-off.

The only ones near the ground had massive queues and the weather was absolutely shocking. Everyone was getting even more drenched waiting to get in. 

Going back and entering the ground was our only option to both get dry and get a drink. 

7 minutes ago, captainmed said:

We couldn’t get into any pubs and we were there nearly 2 hours before kick-off.

The only ones near the ground had massive queues and the weather was absolutely shocking. Everyone was getting even more drenched waiting to get in. 

Going back and entering the ground was our only option to both get dry and get a drink. 

Fair enough if you couldn't get in anywhere. We went in the town centre where there were any number of pubs, got a bus up to the ground & then a couple of ours got into the Wetherspoons (Brittania ) nearest the ground. 

We heard later that some who went into the centre came unstuck because there were no taxis to be had & walking it in that rain wasn't an option  !!

1 minute ago, bolton va va said:

Fair enough if you couldn't get in anywhere. We went in the town centre where there were any number of pubs, got a bus up to the ground & then a couple of ours got into the Wetherspoons (Brittania ) nearest the ground. 

We heard later that some who went into the centre came unstuck because there were no taxis to be had & walking it in that rain wasn't an option  !!

It was the Britannia that we tried queuing outside. 

Just about getting dry now 😂

• Site Supporter

What was strange was that we got to Britannia at around 5.00 and it was reasonably busy. By 6.00 it had quietened down. This coincided with the bouncers making it one in - one out, despite it being a lot quieter an hour earlier.

• 2 months later...