Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

On 06/10/2021 at 16:45, Spider said:

My son's first proper match with his mates, and no daft old Dad in tow.

He went to the Liverpool game last night. 9 of them all ballooning down the Migglebrook 🙂 

The next gen of hoolies. He's already snapped up seats down in the singing and pushing section under the scoreboard.

I'll miss him not being sat with me, but a little dampness around the eyes as he sets off in the next chapter of his BWFC journey.

The fucking thug.

great post this. 

Brings back the nostalgia of moving over to the ESL. My dad was a bit done with the modern game by this point so he was grateful for the excuse not to go. 

Heading down from Scotland for this - Half-term break so bit of a road trip south afterwards after. Hopefully catch the Gillingham game on the way back up. 

I'm out the loop. What's the crack with drinking, have the hotel got a bar that's open pre-match? I've got a room there in the evening and meeting my uncle pre match. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Heading down from Scotland for this - Half-term break so bit of a road trip south afterwards after. Hopefully catch the Gillingham game on the way back up. 

I'm out the loop. What's the crack with drinking, have the hotel got a bar that's open pre-match? I've got a room there in the evening and meeting my uncle pre match. 

Yeh sure, get there early though because it’s first come first served & when it gets too busy they stop letting folk in.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

If you have booked a room, its not like they wont let you in.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Ani said:

If we do not play Brockbank when the other right is suspended not a lot of point him being here. 

Agree.

He's been around for a while now, loves the club and has captained it on occasions. 

Won't be short of effort, but sooner or later he has to show what he can do and has to be given the shirt in this situation. 

If however Evatt doesn't feel he's up to it, then I don't see him getting an opportunity in the future as he's not going to get any better playing in the stiffs or against under 21 teams.

Wouldn't be an easy game for Jones neither against a decent winger, albeit a twat.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Brockbank, not a lot of point him being here. 

When various players get mentioned on here as not being good enough for this level, somehow Brockbank escapes being mentioned.

I'm sorry, he might be a local, but he's piss poor.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Traf said:

When various players get mentioned on here as not being good enough for this level, somehow Brockbank escapes being mentioned.

Agreed.

I might change my mind if he smashes McClean into the hoardings after 5 minutes.

52 minutes ago, Traf said:

Do not think I have seen enough of him to really say, Jones a big miss Saturday, let's hope it is the making of the lad. Gretar played Bale off the pitch once. 

16 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

You'll be fine for getting in - if there's a queue outside then go straight to the front and tell them you're a resident.

You'll do well to get a table any time after 12pm though, especially with the reservations in Reflections.