Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

7 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

You're right. Reading that back it dont look great. It is retracted immediately and apologies for any offence caused to the lad in question. 

Fair play.

I know Stejay and was pretty gutted hearing him open up about summat shit.

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

You're right. Reading that back it dont look great. It is retracted immediately and apologies for any offence caused to the lad in question. 

But you opted to keep it up there for all to read? 

There was an accusation in a mental health thread about opening up to the crowd on here and then one of those pretending to be a listening ear uses the information against them later. A despicable act, I’d say.

Now, here you are, reading about a man’s worries for his addict son and using it against him.

Sir, you’re a cunt.

• Members
38 minutes ago, MickyD said:

But you opted to keep it up there for all to read? 

There was an accusation in a mental health thread about opening up to the crowd on here and then one of those pretending to be a listening ear uses the information against them later. A despicable act, I’d say.

Now, here you are, reading about a man’s worries for his addict son and using it against him.

Sir, you’re a cunt.

This is why people worry about opening up. I 100% agree. Twattish behaviour. 

• Site Supporter

Thanks, chaps, for the retorts.

Yep, I thought twice about the post but I guess that most of us, whatever our age, wouldn’t want to hear that they would come and push our fans around.

Them and Blackpool have a proper grudge against us and always provoke trouble.

PNE and even t’Rovers, have the banter without any agro.

Anyway, I’m fine, ta.

COYW!

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Scholes is grim….. very grim.

Haigh on the other hand is quite decent.

Like any town in England, Wigan has it’s shitholes for sure, but lets not kid ourselves BL is like Alderley Edge.

They aren't exactly the same though, I reckon Bolton is a wealthier town than Wigan.

If the 10 boroughs of Greater Manchester were arranged in wealth I reckon Stockport would be top and Wigan nearer the bottom than Bolton.

Wigan Athletic keep attracting plenty money to their boardroom though, paying Wyke a whopping 10k a week compared to Bolton's top striker Doyle on 4k a week. And i reckon when Evatt said he didn't want McLean he meant he couldn't afford him.

3 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

They aren't exactly the same though, I reckon Bolton is a wealthier town than Wigan.

If the 10 boroughs of Greater Manchester were arranged in wealth I reckon Stockport would be top and Wigan nearer the bottom than Bolton.

I dunno which is the wealthiest borough out of the 2,& not really arsed,but Wigan is definitely the wealthier football club at the moment.

I live on the outskirts of Wigan borough & i’m fortunate that the part that  i live in is pleasant enough with very few properties and lots of open spaces, no drug culture, no gang culture , low crime rates etc.

Aspull,Haigh,Worthington, Standish, Appley Bridge etc,are all decent enough areas in the borough - just like Harwood,Turton,Bradshaw, Egerton etc are considered amongst the nicer areas of Bolton. Neither town is perfect, both have rough areas and problems,but i’ve lived in both & i know where i’d rather live.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

6 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d say it’s a bit simpler in that he simply isn’t as good as Dapo. 

But he is better than Kachunga or Delfouneso.
Let's not kid ourselves, the lad from Londonderry is plenty good enough for our league, but carries/attracts too many problems. 

I actually quite admired McLean's stance on the poppy.  It took balls to stand up to it and why would a Derry boy from a fiercely republican family, want to wear one anyway?

He doesn't help himself though with his general demeanour and twattishness on the park.

Evatt dismissed the link with him before he'd even signed for Wigan, so I'm inclined to believe his version that it was bullshit from McLeans agent trying to get Wigan to up their offer.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I actually quite admired McLean's stance on the poppy.  It took balls to stand up to it and why would a Derry boy from a fiercely republican family, want to wear one anyway?

He doesn't help himself though with his general demeanour and twattishness on the park.

Evatt dismissed the link with him before he'd even signed for Wigan, so I'm inclined to believe his version that it was bullshit from McLeans agent trying to get Wigan to up their offer.

Perhaps because folk from the Republic also fought against Nazi tyranny. 

As did folk from all over the world.

The poppy is nothing more than a symbol of remembrance to all those whose sacrifice allowed the free and open society we now have. 

If they hadn't, and the jackboot had conquered Britain, then his emerald Isle would have gone in fairly short order too.

It isn't political, but he's choosing to make it so. That's what angers people.

18 minutes ago, Traf said:

But he is better than Kachunga or Delfouneso.
Let's not kid ourselves, the lad from Londonderry is plenty good enough for our league, but carries/attracts too many problems. 

Dapo and Amaechi were probably pencilled in to be first choice wide players, even if we were interested i'm not sure if his wages would fit as a back up player

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The poppy is nothing more than a symbol of remembrance to all those whose sacrifice allowed the free and open society we now have. 

TBF, I thought it was to remember any british servicemen who died in conflict

which would include during the troubles

and according to wiki

The wearing of poppies in Northern Ireland is controversial. It is seen by many as a political symbol and a symbol of Britishness, representing support for the British Army. The poppy has long been the preserve of the unionist/loyalist community.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Perhaps because folk from the Republic also fought against Nazi tyranny. 

As did folk from all over the world.

If they hadn't, and the jackboot had conquered Britain, then his emerald Isle would have gone in fairly short order too.

It isn't political, but he's choosing to make it so. That's what angers people.

They did but Ireland was largely neutral during the war, the Taioseach (sp?) even sending a telegram of condolence to Germany on the death of Hitler.

The poppy is a mark of remembrance for the deaths of British soldiers.  Hardly surprising that groups totally opposed to the presence of British soldiers, wouldn't want to be associated with it.  McLean could have just worn it and not made a fuss, and after the death threats he received afterwards, I'm sure there were days when he wished he had, but his stance, whether you agree with it or not, took courage.

10 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

They did but Ireland was largely neutral during the war, the Taioseach (sp?) even sending a telegram of condolence to Germany on the death of Hitler.

The poppy is a mark of remembrance for the deaths of British soldiers.  Hardly surprising that groups totally opposed to the presence of British soldiers, wouldn't want to be associated with it.  McLean could have just worn it and not made a fuss, and after the death threats he received afterwards, I'm sure there were days when he wished he had, but his stance, whether you agree with it or not, took courage.

Neutral? sending message of condolences on hitlers death … FFS it’s no wonder you’re  a duck egg. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper