Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Neutral? sending message of condolences on hitlers death … FFS it’s no wonder you’re  a duck egg. 

They were neutral in WW2.  Are you suggesting that the sending of the telegram, however ill conceived, means they were the enemy?

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

McLean could have just worn it and not made a fuss, and after the death threats he received afterwards, I'm sure there were days when he wished he had, but his stance, whether you agree with it or not, took courage.

he was never going to wear it

he could've just not worn it and carried on as normal, I doubt anyone would even have noticed had nothing being said

it's things like turning his back on the national anthem that make him look a prick 

33 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

They did but Ireland was largely neutral during the war, the Taioseach (sp?) even sending a telegram of condolence to Germany on the death of Hitler.

The poppy is a mark of remembrance for the deaths of British soldiers.  Hardly surprising that groups totally opposed to the presence of British soldiers, wouldn't want to be associated with it.  McLean could have just worn it and not made a fuss, and after the death threats he received afterwards, I'm sure there were days when he wished he had, but his stance, whether you agree with it or not, took courage.

Thing is for 'a laugh' he posted a picture of himself in a balaclava pretending to teach kids history. He can not expect much sympathy.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I always thought the poppy was a symbol of rememerance for ALL soldiers in all conflicts? 
I stand to be corrected though.

It is.

All commonwealth countries and then beyond that other nations also have their remembrance days.

It doesn't actually matter where they're from, it's not relevant really. All fought a common enemy. Whatever the official position was with the Republic, they will have been fully aware of what Nazism was all about, and didn't join with them. Says plenty.

• Site Supporter

I'm no fan of McLean but asking a Catholic from Derry to wear a poppy is asking to be told to get fucked.

Just ignore the cunt, he's triggering you all and it works every time.

You wouldn't ask ISIS to celebrate American independence day.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

I'm no fan of McLean but asking a Catholic from Derry to wear a poppy is asking to be told to get fucked.

You saying all catholics from Derry can't tell the difference between a symbol of remembrance for people from all over the world, and a statement of British politics?

As it happens, I wouldn't give him any shit over it, because it's not my thing, and could he counter productive.

Doesn't mean he isn't a shit stirring, I'll informed prick, who is happy to ply his trade in the nation he appears to despise.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You saying all catholics from Derry can't tell the difference between a symbol of remembrance for people from all over the world, and a statement of British politics?

As it happens, I wouldn't give him any shit over it, because it's not my thing, and could he counter productive.

Doesn't mean he isn't a shit stirring, I'll informed prick, who is happy to ply his trade in the nation he appears to despise.

While the poppy in itself might be a symbol of remembrance, in this context the money raised from sales goes to the Royal British Legion who support soldiers past and present, including those who serves in Northern Ireland.

While McLean might be a bit of a prick, I wouldn’t say his poppy stance would be in the top 5 reasons.  

17 minutes ago, BoltonBoy80 said:

Be nice to hear a loud rendition of “where were you at burnden park” sang at these inbreds tomorrow. 
Also be nice to make the atmosphere around the ground just as unfriendly as burnden was for them. 

Might be more relevant singing it Saturday though you thick fucker.

2 hours ago, Zico said:

he was never going to wear it

he could've just not worn it and carried on as normal, I doubt anyone would even have noticed had nothing being said

it's things like turning his back on the national anthem that make him look a prick 

and wearing a Germany shirt when England were playing them and ballooning about it on social media. Is that excusable due to his upbringing as well? The guy is a meat head full stop. Hypocritical one as he takes a nice living from a country he reckons he hates. Just know he will have a stormer Saturday but he's still an utter prick 

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

and wearing a Germany shirt when England were playing them and ballooning about it on social media. Is that excusable due to his upbringing as well? The guy is a meat head full stop. Hypocritical one as he takes a nice living from a country he reckons he hates. Just know he will have a stormer Saturday but he's still an utter prick 

to be honest, I couldn't give a fuck about his football allegiances - not sure the two things are comparable really

I agree on the fact he plys his trade here is why he should've just not worn a poppy, kept quiet and not been a dick with the national anthems - there was no reason to make a big deal out of it all things considered

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

While the poppy in itself might be a symbol of remembrance, in this context the money raised from sales goes to the Royal British Legion who support soldiers past and present, including those who serves in Northern Ireland.

While McLean might be a bit of a prick, I wouldn’t say his poppy stance would be in the top 5 reasons.  

Amongst others. Including those from far away shores.

It is a charity.

Without it's work, who knows the government might stick another penny on income tax for ongoing care, like they have done with NI for care.

I'm sure the daft cunt has neither explored the your explanation not the fact that his taxes help pay for our current armed forces. 

If, as you suggest, he's so opposed to the military, then he can fuck off and pay his taxes in the league of Ireland, or further afield. Won't be missed. 

As I don't know the fella, he may be otherwise a decent bloke. Hence his hypocritical stance is the top, and only reason necessary, to make him a prick.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Depends if they had bumper cars 

55 minutes ago, Rubberkex said:

Might be more relevant singing it Saturday though you thick fucker.

Honest question.

Whats to be gained coming on here?

If you biting at that you are wasting everyone’s time. 

Ive no idea if Wigan has a forum but I wouldn’t be remotely interested in signing up to see the drivel on there similarly to what you think you see on here?

Edited by tomski