Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

36 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I'll be at the match tomorrow having paid my money to watch them. Will you?

No I will be at the reebok sat in my season ticket seat that I have had since the ground opened - almost as long as I had a season ticket at Burnden - will you be in Stretford End or Scoreboard End ??

On 14/10/2021 at 17:15, Max Cherry said:

and wearing a Germany shirt when England were playing them and ballooning about it on social media. Is that excusable due to his upbringing as well? The guy is a meat head full stop. Hypocritical one as he takes a nice living from a country he reckons he hates. Just know he will have a stormer Saturday but he's still an utter prick 

Bloody hell Max, we agree on something! 🤣

More widely with the McLean debate can we all please refer to it by its proper name - Londonderry.

Not keen on using rebel parlance!

Gutted. First match I've been able to go to this season. My previous season ticket and purchase history allowed me to get a ticket in AL1. L5-S1 Disk decided to pop out on Tuesday. Fucking agony so passed it on

Anyway iFollow it is and a bad day for them. Another team that sells a big amount of away tickets and fucks it up. 2-0 us

McLean? Like Rudy I have Irish in-laws. Totally get his thoughts on the poppy. Croke Park wasn't Britain's finest hour. But it was in the past. Don't wear a poppy but don't be a cunt about it. Be a cunt and expect the backlash

13 minutes ago, JimmyRiddle said:

More widely with the McLean debate can we all please refer to it by its proper name - Londonderry.

I always call the place Derry for no other reason than Derry City used to come up on the vidiprinter on Final Score back in the day so I only ever knew the place as Derry and still do

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

It’s proper name is either, whichever one you want to use. But it was called Derry long before Londonderry but this isn’t the thread for that discussion, or even the poppy/ McLean discussion ,IMO  that’ll no doubt come up again in a few weeks as it always does. 
until then, let’s all just concentrate on beating the pie eating fuckers . 

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

it will be like carry on up the kyber.

too many locals now follow both manc teams 

strategic withdrawal to lucianos for late breakfast ,before reflections.

Let's be honest, you're wiggin anyway

48 minutes ago, fatolive said:

until then, let’s all just concentrate on beating the pie eating fuckers . 

In one. 

Had a message earlier from Latics supporting mate. Fairly level headed by their standards, but fuck me their obsession with Evatt is WEIRD. Maybe it’s because, deep down, they know that Richardson would crawl naked over broken glass from the DW to the UniBolt to even have an interview to be our manager. 

2 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

supposed to be taking over westhoughton and chorley pre match

That'd be a feckin dark day in this club's history if that was true.  I've lived here 40+ years and could count the number of Wigan fans I've met in that time on one finger.

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

If I had any likes left, this would get one, super stuff pal.

Is that you pinty ? 

Appreciate that mate. I'm not pinty though. Breightmet boy, went to Withins, Paddock then ESL. Emigrated to Australia 16 years ago, if you know me you'd know me as Ste.

• Site Supporter
55 minutes ago, perth_white said:

I've been thinking about how I'd feel about Evatt if he managed a club that already boils my piss. Looks like a bastard, always talks up his side, tells everyone they're the best side in the division when they're 20th and then proves himself right, borderline arrogance, he'd be absolutely infuriating as an opposition manager. Absolutely love that he's our boss.

As for Wigan, they're like dogshit. Didn't really spot it, somehow trod in it, can't get it out of the tread on your shoes so the stink of them is always around. I'm hoping this is one of the games that we click in front of goal, would be nice to shut them up. It isn't going to define our season though, the points will be worth no more than the points won at Ipswich.

Brilliant post. Sums up how I feel about Evatt and Wigan. And a realistic perspective on how we should view the result tomorrow. 

But I’d love it if we beat the wankers.

COYFWM 👏

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, perth_white said:

I've been thinking about how I'd feel about Evatt if he managed a club that already boils my piss. Looks like a bastard, always talks up his side, tells everyone they're the best side in the division when they're 20th and then proves himself right, borderline arrogance, he'd be absolutely infuriating as an opposition manager. Absolutely love that he's our boss.

As for Wigan, they're like dogshit. Didn't really spot it, somehow trod in it, can't get it out of the tread on your shoes so the stink of them is always around. I'm hoping this is one of the games that we click in front of goal, would be nice to shut them up. It isn't going to define our season though, the points will be worth no more than the points won at Ipswich.

Bang on. 

Any of us of the Burnden Park/Springfield Park vintage won’t particularly think of these as rivals - more of an annoyance.

Similar to Tranmere really, more of pain in the arse when we are in the same division. That said, beating them plastic scouse muppets is always immensely satisfying