Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

8 hours ago, perth_white said:

tells everyone they're the best side in the division when they're 20th and then proves himself right

I did point out to my mate that we all thought he was fucking potty when he was talking about promotion when we were fourth bottom with a decent chunk of the season gone. Shows what we all know!

26 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Bang on. 

Any of us of the Burnden Park/Springfield Park vintage won’t particularly think of these as rivals - more of an annoyance.

Similar to Tranmere really, more of pain in the arse when we are in the same division. That said, beating them plastic scouse muppets is always immensely satisfying

I was 18/19 before I’d ever even seen us play them. More than enough water under the (canal) bridge since then though that they’re safely in my top three teams I’d most like to beat. 

So let’s get this right.

We cannot be trusted to behave or so it appears?

We need not only GMP, but also our Owners and our Manager to get involved too. 

Concentrate on your own fucking job and show us some respect.

Football in the UK is sanitised enough these days. 

It’s hardly Red Star v Partizan for Gods sake. 

Edited by captainmed

2 minutes ago, captainmed said:

So let’s get this right.

It’s not necessarily a behaviour issue but more likely to be a cost v revenue issue. There are certain levels of policing that are triggered by ticket sales with associated risk assessments. Chances are that reducing the segregation line would mean another sergeant, TAU etc which incurs significant cost which wouldn’t necessarily be covered by the extra ticket sales, particularly as there’s no guarantee that they’d fill the extra allocation. 

Plus why would we want to give them the advantage of having even more of their own fans there? Just hope it doesn’t end up tit for tat and they reduce our allocation at the DW, but then again their owners will be after recouping as much cash as possible.  

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, captainmed said:

So let’s get this right.

I can be trusted to behave. Maybe you can be trusted to behave. I’d say most of the people I actually know from Wanderersways can be trusted to behave and many of the people I don’t know from Wanderersways can be trusted to behave.

There’s just no way every fucker in the ground is going to behave.

Besides, do you really think it isn’t in the team’s best interest to keep the headlines about what happens on rather than off the pitch?

For that reason alone, I’d say GMP, the manager and the owner really should be be getting involved in suggesting we behave.

I don't know why people are worried to be honest, apart from a couple of small set too's, they won't show, they never have, and a couple of them mouthing off online won't make up for that fact. There's no town hall steps near the ground for them to take pictures of

Edited by Wullie

• Site Supporter
Just now, Wullie said:

I don't know why people are worried to be honest, apart from a couple of small set tools, they won't show, they never have, and a couple of them mouthing off online won't make up for that fact. There's no town hall steps near the ground for them to take pictures of

They’ll go and find the local town hall which, according to them, is in Wigan.

28 minutes ago, MickyD said:

For that reason alone, I’d say GMP, the manager and the owner really should be be getting involved in suggesting we behave.

21 minutes ago, Traf said:

Correct.

An element of "fans" on both sides cannot be trusted to behave.

OK then fair enough.

Most clubs have an element of “fans” that cannot be trusted to behave, no matter how big or small. 

So let’s have the owners, management and local police force issuing a statement every time the club plays any local derby or big match then. 

Where does it all end?

We’ll be shaking opposition fans hands post match in congratulations next and buying them a pint.

A lot will as well if the Management tells them to. 

Edited by captainmed

• Members
10 hours ago, perth_white said:

I've been thinking about how I'd feel about Evatt if he managed a club that already boils my piss. Looks like a bastard, always talks up his side, tells everyone they're the best side in the division when they're 20th and then proves himself right, borderline arrogance, he'd be absolutely infuriating as an opposition manager. Absolutely love that he's our boss.

As for Wigan, they're like dogshit. Didn't really spot it, somehow trod in it, can't get it out of the tread on your shoes so the stink of them is always around. I'm hoping this is one of the games that we click in front of goal, would be nice to shut them up. It isn't going to define our season though, the points will be worth no more than the points won at Ipswich.

Take a bow Perth

• Members
59 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

It’s a little small time for me these statements by the club/police 

I see the thinking behind however those intent on causing trouble won’t give a flying fuck and once the emotion and the passion kicks in it all goes

If it’s a tight game and we stick in a last minute winner It’ll go off emotion will take the roof off 

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Good stat that Rog, I assume we can say Wolves alongside Burnley as the only teams we have played in all 4 Divisions.

Swansea and Cardiff also

Burnley i think is most competitions because i don't think we have played Wolves in League Cup or FRt, but there was a Charity Shield.

Anyway we have a far longer and richer history with Wolves and Burnley than with Wigan