Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

• Members
Just now, DaveTheRave said:

Apart from MJ I thought we were shit all over the pitch. Worst display since we were shit for half of last season. 

Hopefully just one of those days.

That 5 yard  pass from MJ to Johnston which got him a booking is one of the worst passes I have seen in my life

He was left so open today he needs Lee

Be tempted to have Sheehan over Sarc in that 3 as well

They were all over us in midfield. Every time we tackled them they swarmed and won it back. Which is fair fucks to them but some really careless play. Especially on the right flank and Sheehan looked far too casual.

They were the Best team we’ve played but I’m not sure if we made them Look like it or if they genuinely were that much better than us.

After Mcleans screamer the whole team just capitulated and showed no bottle.

• Site Supporter

today was the worst result in living memory

worse than black sunday , worse than stoke at wembley.

as someone already said   i.e stop bulling us up as the best team , clearly we are not.

only positive from today was reflections bar , and even that needs tweaking bit.

Men against Boys, if that idiot Evatt hadn't spent most of the first half berating the 4th official rather than watching his players and trying to figure things out we may have had a chance.

How do people think we will finish in the top half of the league with performances like that is beyond me.

1 minute ago, hughmungus said:

Men against Boys, if that idiot Evatt hadn't spent most of the first half berating the 4th official rather than watching his players and trying to figure things out we may have had a chance.

How do people think we will finish in the top half of the league with performances like that is beyond me.

We could easily be top 6. Let’s have some facts on the table we’ve our first choice full backs out and probably our most experienced centre mid, confident we will go on a run. 100% behind Evatt despite today.

• Members
6 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

today was the worst result in living memory

worse than black sunday , worse than stoke at wembley.

as someone already said   i.e stop bulling us up as the best team , clearly we are not.

only positive from today was reflections bar , and even that needs tweaking bit.

Worse than Stoke at Wembley. Cor blimey

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

You really are a Shithouse  

5 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

And as if by magic......... go fuck yourself

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We could easily be top 6. Let’s have some facts on the table we’ve our first choice full backs out and probably our most experienced centre mid, confident we will go on a run. 100% behind Evatt despite today.

Does Evatt need to stop coming out with statements like "we're the best in the league"?

Writing other manager's team talk. Especially before a big Derby. 

We know we're doing well, and not far off, but we're not there yet.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Does Evatt need to stop coming out with statements like "we're the best in the league"?

Don’t think he’s said that this season. Happy to be proven wrong though. 

9 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Did anyone head back via train station

some incident near the arena according to bolton news 

Left slightly early got on first train before wigan lot 

Loads of theres steamed through the back into the home fans queue, noone really took them on tbh, police weren't interested major fuck up from gmp but they got away with it

• Members
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He’s young passionate and at times naive. He’s still learning 

• Site Supporter

They were just a better organised, more functional unit than us... end of. Admittedly losing our 2 full backs was a big blow but that midfield 3 of MJ, Sarce & Sheehan is a recipe for shipping goals against good teams. MJ got swarmed at times today, Wigan knew when to press & are far more effective going forward. Sheehan & Sarce doesn't offer enough going forward to compensate for what they lack defensively. 

Anywhere above half way this season will be a good finish unless we get a younger version of Kieron Lee & a quality goalscorer from somewhere. 

Id be more inclined to write it off as a bad day if it wasnt Wiggin.

No point complaining about who he played at RB when the other 10 were just as shite.

The rest of the season shows we'll be top half and hopefully on the edge of play offs, but today was not good enough.

Hopefully Evatt has em running up winter hill with backpacks full of rocks tomorrow. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Don’t think he’s said that this season. Happy to be proven wrong though. 

Just now, Rudy said:

He’s young passionate and at times naive. He’s still learning 

My brother just told me that was comment earlier in the week.

I agree Rudy. A very driven fella with ambition for higher things. Experience and pragmatism will come.