Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

Outclassed to a man, including the manager. 

Captain needs to sort himself out, was woeful again. Felt bad for Brockbank, should never have exposed him so badly with Bakayoko being his only support. Was like back in the day when we had Mears and Mark Davies on that side.

From the moment Bakayoko took the stupid foul throw we played like strangers.

4 or 5 times on top of the goal in the first half we gave simple balls away that created chances for them when we were not trying anything difficult MJs ball that got Johnston booked just one example. 

We no composure on the ball, even when Sarce win the ball and a simple pass to Dapo it was played behind him. Sarce and Sheehan woeful today. Felt sorry for Brockbank the game just seemed too big for him. 

I know Evatt has a style he wants to play but Bakayoko was winning lots of headers, sets up Sarce for the chance that hit the bar, then subs him. 

They look a solid organised team, playing well below our best against a team that were clearly up for it and players that man for man more than matched and got what we deserved. 

The fans chucking shit are complete fucking knobheads. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

How do people think we will finish in the top half of the league with performances like that is beyond me.

We wouldn't 

However, that was the first performance this season that could be classed as shit all round 

Which is why we're top half

A saddening and embarrassing day for Bolton.Ultimately the only way it will improve is by the owners paying more money for better players.I also don't rate this manager, he can't organise a side defensively.

What summed the gulf in class up was Sarcevic being two yards past their final man but passing the ball rather than going for goal because he knew Wigan would have quicker players than him.I thought Sheehan was even worse than Sarcevic.

Their fans and players completely took the piss but it didn't hurt like it would coming from a proper rival

1 hour ago, dusan nikolic said:

Good post , last season proves how a good transfer window can inspire even the most hopeless situation .

Course we can still get to the play offs, with a good transfer window, as proved last season.  Personally I've no interest in the play offs because that isn't the point of this season, the position we're in will do just nicely.  But the current run of results is concerning because not looking like scoring unless its a "worldy" in a succession of games is leading us only one way.

The next window is 3 months off, its valid to have a reasonable discussion on how we can maximise the squad we've got and not just keep saying its a bad day at the office.  

30 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Outclassed to a man, including the manager. 

Captain needs to sort himself out, was woeful again. Felt bad for Brockbank, should never have exposed him so badly with Bakayoko being his only support. Was like back in the day when we had Mears and Mark Davies on that side.

Mears was fucking woeful. Could have played two right wingers in front of that cunt and he would of still got exposed. 

The danger signs were there from the team announcement.......2 reserve full backs who both struggled, Bakayoko a liability & with hindsight,  a big mistake not starting with Isgrove to support Brockbank, Dapo wholly ineffective without John's support.

They were bigger & stronger than us ( Sheehan has a lovely touch but was bullied out of this game )& the ref didn't help by allowing too much to go.....the 1st aerial ball, their 9 just charged straight into Santos with no attempt for the ball , no foul given &  that set the tone for the game. We need to toughen up.

Wiggin will probably buy their way out of the division & have some good players for this level but are a shower of shithouses.....from the 1st goal, the main shithouse decided to make gestures to NSL for no obvious reason, & they baited the crowd after each goal but whined like little bitches when there was a reaction.

A bad day but we move on.....i still think our best 11 will give anyone a good game, but we clearly lack squad depth.

Strange team selection, Bako doesn’t even look like an Evatt player, Sheehan a bit light weight needs a battler next to him. This is not sour grapes but they got away with lot of professional fouls, pulls and pushes. Referees in this league are out of their depth in these games. A very bad day but we will be okay couple of good signings I January could see us in the play offs.