Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

1 hour ago, woolli said:

We was 2nd best, sad to say, but true. Whats pissing me off is the " we move on" brigade!

Sunderland away, lost, we move on.

Rotherham at home, we move on,

Sheff Wed away, we move on

Wigs at home, we move on.

We didnt score one fuckin goal! Where are we moving on to?

Agreed.  Its OK for us fans to just move on because we can't influence the next game, but you'd hope IE was learning from these games where the opposition keeper hardly needs to join in.  Hopefully his bluster about being one of the best teams in this league is just that and he doesn't really believe it, otherwise how can he address the obvious weaknesses.    

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Not since Leicester away when butterfield played have I seen a worse performance in my life from a single Player. 
Stop giving players contracts based on sentiments

So you reckon hard nose evatt works like that?

Cock off

• Site Supporter

I think what he was actually meaning was that all these 1-0 losses, where we’ve had a massive possession advantage could just as easily be 1-0 wins with a little bit of luck (and probably a bit more playing to the rules by the refs) and then we’d be top of the league (and therefore best in league)

Well not one player can take any credit today - and we choose that game to turn in our worst performance.

constantly giving the ball away, making wrong decisions and they were faster, fitter, uglier and ultimately wanted it more.

they were the better side at their place in the cup as well.

brockbank just not up to the level of mcclean, not criticising, just miles off.

their number 8 marshalled dapo superbly and we looked like we had no midfielders playing.

might put a bit of realism into all these thinking we willl be challenging for top 6.  Finish half way and it will be a good season.

tough fixtures to come with Portsmouth, Plymouth, Wycombe.

we need to stop conceding first as well.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Football teams sometimes lose matches you want them to win. If you can't get your head around that, I don't think football is for you.

Possibly a bit patronising.  A fair point was made, by a long standing fan.  "I don't think football is for you", has become an over used phrase on here, we wouldn't be on here if we preferred basketball or bowls. 

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I like Sheehan but if he creates an opening, who scores?  I'm struggling to remember any assists this season, not because he can't create, but we don't have a scorer to convert them enough.  Our "assists" are more likely to be 5 yard passes to Dapo who curls it in from 20 yards, not exactly put on a plate.

Nobody was creating anything today, they never gave us a minute. The number of free kicks in or around half way just broke the play up and they were on top again.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Well not one player can take any credit today - and we choose that game to turn in our worst performance.

constantly giving the ball away, making wrong decisions and they were faster, fitter, uglier and ultimately wanted it more.

their number 8 marshalled dapo superbly and we looked like we had no midfielders playing.

might put a bit of realism into all these thinking we willl be challenging for top 6.  Finish half way and it will be a good season.

I’ll take most of your points but for them being the better side. Two evenly matched teams. Maybe that’s why today came as such a shock.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Possibly a bit patronising.  A fair point was made, by a long standing fan.  "I don't think football is for you", has become an over used phrase on here, we wouldn't be on here if we preferred basketball or bowls. 

Just don't understand people who act like we've been relegated every time we lose a football match. Losing is part of being a football fan. It's unavoidable. Sometimes the opposition is better. Today was fucking horrendous, but we've got another 33 games to play. Why would you post a list of every loss so far, as though that's an indication of where we're heading, and ignore the wins?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Same ref today we had at home to Tranmere last season when we chose that game as a real shitter.

Not saying we’ll go up etc but 2 horrific performances in 2 games against teams who hate us with that ref.

Hope he’s not reffing us against Burnley next season

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If we actually happen to be playing Burnley next season then they could stick that Rocky from ‘Football’s Hardest Aways’ in as referee for all I care!

Puck off. Attack, attack, attack.

I wish you’d have an attack. Comical

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dont think so. Last ditch signing after our other right sided new boy got injured.

Whatever the case, I don't think it will be that easy just to let him go. 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/wanderers-go-on-the-attack-with-kachunga-acquisition/

Primary target from Evatt's quotes, and I agree he would be nigh on impossible to move on I would suspect. 

58 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

For me, when Ameaechi (sp) is fit, I reckon Baka starts up top. Until then, I reckon Evatt tries to get a tune out of Doyle.

Not sure why I think that, maybe the wine, but I just feel Evatt thinks the dynamic of the team changes with 2 tricky wingers who can cut in and crack goals from outside the box.

I could very easily be chatting shit again though

I'd be in favour of Baka down the middle, as if we're starting from the base of our centre forward doesn't score from open play, I'd rather we had one with physicality than one without.  But Amaechi is 20, he's played 16 league games in his life and isn't a goalscorer.  Politic has a better record by far, not to mention Kachunga.  To pin any hope on an unproven player looks a bit desperate at least until we've seen him play.  

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be in favour of Baka down the middle, as if we're starting from the base of our centre forward doesn't score from open play, I'd rather we had one with physicality than one without.  But Amaechi is 20, he's played 16 league games in his life and isn't a goalscorer.  Politic has a better record by far, not to mention Kachunga.  To pin any hope on an unproven player looks a bit desperate at least until we've seen him play.  

I’m only going off what I saw at Longridge. He looked a handful, granted against poor opposition.

If Arsenal and Hamburg see fit to sign him though, I trust him more against Gillingham etc than I would Politic this season - and I’m a massive Politic fan.

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m only going off what I saw at Longridge. He looked a handful, granted against poor opposition.

If Arsenal and Hamburg see fit to sign him though, I trust him more against Gillingham etc than I would Politic this season - and I’m a massive Politic fan.

Bakayoko is bobbins but him in the centre with Doyle feeding on any knockdowns is at least a plan B, summat we were sorely missing today

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Bakayoko is bobbins but him in the centre with Doyle feeding on any knockdowns is at least a plan B, summat we were sorely missing today

Impact sub, 

needs to be played as such, big lad just doesn't have the energy for a full game.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nobody knows who will finish top 2.  Carlisle were top at Christmas last season and when we went up they weren't even considered rivals.  Forest Green were nailed on at one point, then Tranmere.  Its lower division football, anyone can beat anyone and the likes of MKD, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Plymouth, Wycombe, Rotherham, Oxford are as good as Wigan and it all changes anyway in the transfer window. 

It's what is commonly known as an opinion.... 

30 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

The annoying thing is that today we could have had plan B. Came out second half , hit long diagonal, win the header and Sarce hit the bar.