Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

• Members
1 minute ago, radcliffe white said:

Probably get laughed at but this team can still make the play offs IMO

as grey pointed out we have a good 11 but once injuries & suspensions start we’ll struggle. If we can keep in touch till new year and strengthen we could do it 

Definitely 

Our best XI will give anyone a game in this league, but our depth to change a game is killing us

Be reet you fannies

as grey pointed out we have a good 11 but once injuries & suspensions start we’ll struggle. If we can keep in touch till new year and strengthen we could do it 

Good post , last season proves how a good transfer window can inspire even the most hopeless situation .

Shouldn’t get laughed at, at all. Only if you get disproportionately swayed by one bad performance, should you not believe the play-offs are still achievable. Need to bounce back in the next two mind.

I just hope these Arab cunts are raping them behind  the scene s and it all comes to a fucking mess 

was talking to a Burnley fan today and he said the Americans there have borrowed money sweaty Ken style not looking rosy for them if they go down 

• Site Supporter

Been working today, and just had a look at the line up.

Being honest I wasn't confident before hand, but having seen the starting 11, then it's no wonder.

Defensively weak in midfield, and two second choice fullbacks. Without reading the full thread, I would also presume that there was little protection for the full backs from those in front.

1 minute ago, onefinfrandsen said:

The four changes killed us, full strength against these and it would have been a different result, Rotherham and Shrewsbury IMO were better on the day than these lot

Rotherham yes. Shrewsbury no way. I think Wigans defence is their weakness but those two up top are best in this league. We just couldn't get it going today at all. 

Just now, onefinfrandsen said:

The four changes killed us, full strength against these and it would have been a different result, Rotherham and Shrewsbury IMO were better on the day than these lot

No they weren't...imo, tbh these were decent today, they looked on it, big side, played the percentages better and fully deserved their 0-4. Yeah we didn't have our best 11, but it's a squad game and the players that came in didn't do themselves justice, and some of the others were off form today, it wasn't just a bad day at the office, we we're well and truly beaten, we have to accept that, Ian Evatt also has to accept it.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

No they weren't...imo, tbh these were decent today, they looked on it, big side, played the percentages better and fully deserved their 0-4. Yeah we didn't have our best 11, but it's a squad game and the players that came in didn't do themselves justice, and some of the others were off form today, it wasn't just a bad day at the office, we we're well and truly beaten, we have to accept that, Ian Evatt also has to accept it.

Spot on. Galling but very true

• Members
Just now, DaveTheRave said:

Apart from MJ I thought we were shit all over the pitch. Worst display since we were shit for half of last season. 

Hopefully just one of those days.

That 5 yard  pass from MJ to Johnston which got him a booking is one of the worst passes I have seen in my life

He was left so open today he needs Lee

Be tempted to have Sheehan over Sarc in that 3 as well

They were all over us in midfield. Every time we tackled them they swarmed and won it back. Which is fair fucks to them but some really careless play. Especially on the right flank and Sheehan looked far too casual.

They were the Best team we’ve played but I’m not sure if we made them Look like it or if they genuinely were that much better than us.

After Mcleans screamer the whole team just capitulated and showed no bottle.

• Site Supporter

today was the worst result in living memory

worse than black sunday , worse than stoke at wembley.

as someone already said   i.e stop bulling us up as the best team , clearly we are not.

only positive from today was reflections bar , and even that needs tweaking bit.

Men against Boys, if that idiot Evatt hadn't spent most of the first half berating the 4th official rather than watching his players and trying to figure things out we may have had a chance.

How do people think we will finish in the top half of the league with performances like that is beyond me.

Did anyone head back via train station

some incident near the arena according to bolton news 

I headed that way, was a bit of handbags and plenty of verbals but didn’t see anything significant. Bolton fans held back until Wigan had gone.