Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wiggin Home

Steejay

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Well not one player can take any credit today - and we choose that game to turn in our worst performance.

constantly giving the ball away, making wrong decisions and they were faster, fitter, uglier and ultimately wanted it more.

they were the better side at their place in the cup as well.

brockbank just not up to the level of mcclean, not criticising, just miles off.

their number 8 marshalled dapo superbly and we looked like we had no midfielders playing.

might put a bit of realism into all these thinking we willl be challenging for top 6.  Finish half way and it will be a good season.

tough fixtures to come with Portsmouth, Plymouth, Wycombe.

we need to stop conceding first as well.

Same ref today we had at home to Tranmere last season when we chose that game as a real shitter.

Not saying we’ll go up etc but 2 horrific performances in 2 games against teams who hate us with that ref.

Hope he’s not reffing us against Burnley next season

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Hope he’s not reffing us against Burnley next season

If we actually happen to be playing Burnley next season then they could stick that Rocky from ‘Football’s Hardest Aways’ in as referee for all I care!

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

If we actually happen to be playing Burnley next season then they could stick that Rocky from ‘Football’s Hardest Aways’ in as referee for all I care!

Puck off. Attack, attack, attack.

I wish you’d have an attack. Comical

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dont think so. Last ditch signing after our other right sided new boy got injured.

Whatever the case, I don't think it will be that easy just to let him go. 

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/august/wanderers-go-on-the-attack-with-kachunga-acquisition/

Primary target from Evatt's quotes, and I agree he would be nigh on impossible to move on I would suspect. 

58 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

For me, when Ameaechi (sp) is fit, I reckon Baka starts up top. Until then, I reckon Evatt tries to get a tune out of Doyle.

Not sure why I think that, maybe the wine, but I just feel Evatt thinks the dynamic of the team changes with 2 tricky wingers who can cut in and crack goals from outside the box.

I could very easily be chatting shit again though

I'd be in favour of Baka down the middle, as if we're starting from the base of our centre forward doesn't score from open play, I'd rather we had one with physicality than one without.  But Amaechi is 20, he's played 16 league games in his life and isn't a goalscorer.  Politic has a better record by far, not to mention Kachunga.  To pin any hope on an unproven player looks a bit desperate at least until we've seen him play.  

• Site Supporter
Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I'd be in favour of Baka down the middle, as if we're starting from the base of our centre forward doesn't score from open play, I'd rather we had one with physicality than one without.  But Amaechi is 20, he's played 16 league games in his life and isn't a goalscorer.  Politic has a better record by far, not to mention Kachunga.  To pin any hope on an unproven player looks a bit desperate at least until we've seen him play.  

I’m only going off what I saw at Longridge. He looked a handful, granted against poor opposition.

If Arsenal and Hamburg see fit to sign him though, I trust him more against Gillingham etc than I would Politic this season - and I’m a massive Politic fan.

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m only going off what I saw at Longridge. He looked a handful, granted against poor opposition.

If Arsenal and Hamburg see fit to sign him though, I trust him more against Gillingham etc than I would Politic this season - and I’m a massive Politic fan.

Bakayoko is bobbins but him in the centre with Doyle feeding on any knockdowns is at least a plan B, summat we were sorely missing today

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Bakayoko is bobbins but him in the centre with Doyle feeding on any knockdowns is at least a plan B, summat we were sorely missing today

Impact sub, 

needs to be played as such, big lad just doesn't have the energy for a full game.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Nobody knows who will finish top 2.  Carlisle were top at Christmas last season and when we went up they weren't even considered rivals.  Forest Green were nailed on at one point, then Tranmere.  Its lower division football, anyone can beat anyone and the likes of MKD, Sheff Wed, Pompey, Plymouth, Wycombe, Rotherham, Oxford are as good as Wigan and it all changes anyway in the transfer window. 

It's what is commonly known as an opinion.... 

30 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

The annoying thing is that today we could have had plan B. Came out second half , hit long diagonal, win the header and Sarce hit the bar. 

Really bad day at the office.
We had a collective stinker.

Wigan were quicker, stronger and just generally better than us in all departments.

Bounce back needed quickly and I'm sure we'll get it.

Took my mind off it for a few hours. Still not really sure how to react.

I’ve been angry at games where we’ve lost by a fine margin because we didn’t take our chances but today after losing heavily at home to Wigan I felt no anger, just shock and disappointment. 

I didn’t think this team would capitulate as hard as they did. Could say the first goal was a freak mistake, and the second goal was a screamer but it doesn’t excuse the result and overall performance. 

Dont wish to be doom and gloom but I think we need to go back to the drawing board tactically.

The expansive style is great when it works but it’s made us far too leaky and the persistent habit of conceding first is a major problem. The old saying of attack wins games, defence wins titles - our attack is too reliant on Dapo and our results are far too dependent on whether we take our chances because it’s becoming almost a certainty that we concede.

Am I overreacting? - this system has got us to the top half of the table with a squad that is largely made up of players who were playing league 2 last season. And maybe today was just a one-off?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Took my mind off it for a few hours. Still not really sure how to react.

I’ve been angry at games where we’ve lost by a fine margin because we didn’t take our chances but today after losing heavily at home to Wigan I felt no anger, just shock and disappointment. 

I didn’t think this team would capitulate as hard as they did. Could say the first goal was a freak mistake, and the second goal was a screamer but it doesn’t excuse the result and overall performance. 

Dont wish to be doom and gloom but I think we need to go back to the drawing board tactically.

The expansive style is great when it works but it’s made us far too leaky and the persistent habit of conceding first is a major problem. The old saying of attack wins games, defence wins titles - our attack is too reliant on Dapo and our results are far too dependent on whether we take our chances because it’s becoming almost a certainty that we concede.

Am I overreacting? - this system has got us to the top half of the table with a squad that is largely made up of players who were playing league 2 last season. And maybe today was just a one-off?

I hear ya, no I don’t think you are over reacting to be honest.

From my own personal point of view, I’m happy to accept mid table this season while the club recovers from a shambolic decade.

Am I happy to write off days like today? No absolutely not. I’m realistic though, we don’t have fortunes. These days will happen a few more times yet.

Its going to take at least 18 months imo until we are ready to challenge for promotion. Rome wasn’t built in a day - but it got there. We’re lucky to have FV and Evatt. We’ll be in the championship by 2024/25 season at the latest

5 hours ago, bolton va va said:

The danger signs were there from the team announcement.......2 reserve full backs who both struggled, Bakayoko a liability & with hindsight,  a big mistake not starting with Isgrove to support Brockbank, Dapo wholly ineffective without John's support.

They were bigger & stronger than us ( Sheehan has a lovely touch but was bullied out of this game )& the ref didn't help by allowing too much to go.....the 1st aerial ball, their 9 just charged straight into Santos with no attempt for the ball , no foul given &  that set the tone for the game. We need to toughen up.

Wiggin will probably buy their way out of the division & have some good players for this level but are a shower of shithouses.....from the 1st goal, the main shithouse decided to make gestures to NSL for no obvious reason, & they baited the crowd after each goal but whined like little bitches when there was a reaction.

A bad day but we move on.....i still think our best 11 will give anyone a good game, but we clearly lack squad depth.

John has been out for a while and Gordon has done OK and dapo has scored plenty in that period. 

Away teams winding up home fans, who would have thunk it? Dapo at Ipswich was an absolute Saint in front of their fans!

Stop finding scapegoats it was a wank TEAM performance and some of our fans were a fucking disgrace 

Edited by CambridgeBWFC
Typo

7 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I hear ya, no I don’t think you are over reacting to be honest.

From my own personal point of view, I’m happy to accept mid table this season while the club recovers from a shambolic decade.

Am I happy to write off days like today? No absolutely not. I’m realistic though, we don’t have fortunes. These days will happen a few more times yet.

Its going to take at least 18 months imo until we are ready to challenge for promotion. Rome wasn’t built in a day - but it got there. We’re lucky to have FV and Evatt. We’ll be in the championship by 2024/25 season at the latest

I’m struggling to think long term tonight but I agree with everything you said.

Focusing on this season though I’m not sure where I place my expectations. Like you I’d “accept” mid table but personally I’d be disappointed if we didn’t make play offs or at least give it a good go. 

Up until today I thought we’ve got enough in our squad to get there but now I’m thinking this January transfer window becomes very important if we want to achieve that.

• Site Supporter

Coventry walloping us 5-1, Blackburn walloping us 4-1, Chelsea walloping us 4-0 after Nat died, Rooney hat trick with Utd Walloping us, Ipswich smashing our kids 5-0, Spurs walloping us at the end of our prem season all games at home I can think of straight away which hurt more than today.

it’ll pass 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I’m struggling to think long term tonight but I agree with everything you said.

Focusing on this season though I’m not sure where I place my expectations. Like you I’d “accept” mid table but personally I’d be disappointed if we didn’t make play offs or at least give it a good go. 

Up until today I thought we’ve got enough in our squad to get there but now I’m thinking this January transfer window becomes very important if we want to achieve that.

Part of our long term plan has to be to improve in January and then again in summer.

Play offs not beyond us. Wigan and Rotherham seem a cut above but everyone else cut from the same cloth that I’ve seen

Kinhell that Bakayoko header looks much worse than I remember.
Awful decision to try and head that back to the keeper when he could’ve just cushioned it to Brockbank or better yet, headed it away from goal.

Those last two goals also look even worse on the replay.

Thought Dixon just let a shot go under him but it wasn’t even on target, was just a low cross. Poor.

Then just a gaping hole in our penalty area for McClean to score for the fourth.

In some ways makes me feel better about it because seemed like more our huge mistakes costing us than them cutting through us, but my memory of the performance is that they bullied us physically 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Kinhell that Bakayoko header looks much worse than I remember.
Awful decision to try and head that back to the keeper when he could’ve just cushioned it to Brockbank or better yet, headed it away from goal.

Those last two goals also look even worse on the replay.

Thought Dixon just let a shot go under him but it wasn’t even on target, was just a low cross. Poor.

Then just a gaping hole in our penalty area for McClean to score for the fourth.

In some ways makes me feel better about it because seemed like more our huge mistakes costing us than them cutting through us, but my memory of the performance is that they bullied us physically 

Definitely hard to swallow innit. But swallow it we must. Not the season-ending result a few are making out. We'll be reet.