Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newcastle......The next City??????????

DomRepWanderer

27 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Fans don't give a fuck, they park their principles at the turnstiles for a shot at glory & why shouldn't they? Everyone else in football sells their soul to the devil for the big buck, not least the players. 

No, I'd hate it & lose any connection with the club if we became an Arab's plaything with foreign manager & all foreign players. Give me FV any day though it'd be nice if they had a bit more money.

That said, I know that if I packed it in, there'd be plenty of nu-fans to take my place if money was poured into the club.

• Members
1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Fans don't give a fuck, they park their principles at the turnstiles for a shot at glory & why shouldn't they? Everyone else in football sells their soul to the devil for the big buck, not least the players. 

This is out of context what Arry was originally saying but it applies here 

“You go in and start winning football matches, they could take Saddam Hussein in there, they don’t give a monkeys do they.

“If you start winning every week they’ll be signing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, Rudy said:

This is out of context what Arry was originally saying but it applies here 

“You go in and start winning football matches, they could take Saddam Hussein in there, they don’t give a monkeys do they.

“If you start winning every week they’ll be signing ‘there’s only one Saddam’.”

Precisely.... and players will take the money with no qualms, just as they will keep schtum about the issues with Qatar. 

Everyone needs to be honest if it was there club and the richest people in the world want to buy there club and it went to the vote 99 percent would go for it . Let’s be honest like Newcastle Bolton have won nothing for 50 years plus . I would love to see Bwfc win something before I die and the Newcastle fafull are the same 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Farnywhite said:

Everyone needs to be honest if it was there club and the richest people in the world want to buy there club and it went to the vote 99 percent would go for it . Let’s be honest like Newcastle Bolton have won nothing for 50 years plus . I would love to see Bwfc win something before I die and the Newcastle fafull are the same 

You may well be right.

I know fans kicked back against us having a pay day loan company as sponsors, but genuine money talks.

It's not fair to single out Newcastle though.

Football as a whole needs to have a look at itself.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You may well be right.

I know fans kicked back against us having a pay day loan company as sponsors, but genuine money talks.

Yes it does, and I'm not having a pop at Newcastle, Chelsea, City or PSG fans but until fans stop accepting anything they are given it'll keep happening. 

Put money in, and people will ignore anything and it shouldn't be like that. Foreign states literally buying national treasures up and we wave them by.

We talk about fan power and do fuck all about it.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yes it does, and I'm not having a pop at Newcastle, Chelsea, City or PSG fans but until fans stop accepting anything they are given it'll keep happening. 

Put money in, and people will ignore anything and it shouldn't be like that. Foreign states literally buying national treasures up and we wave them by.

We talk about fan power and do fuck all about it.

Not all fans will feel the same though.

Some will perhaps not like the situation and may stay away or be put off a bit.

Always someone else to take their place.

Fifa should never have given the world Cup to Qatar. 

They did, but neither eufa, nor any individual countries have suggested not going.

Fans are a bit irrelevant at times when the top bods do their thing.

Once you went past the maximum wage for players back in the early 60s or whenever it was the game changed and it’s gradually changed to the point we’re players get paid millions and owners are worth billions . 

if we want  an even playing field we would have to go go back to the maximum wage and transfer fee I would’ve against it but the world is now all about greed so it’s not going to happen in our life time 

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not all fans will feel the same though.

Some will perhaps not like the situation and may stay away or be put off a bit.

Always someone else to take their place.

Fifa should never have given the world Cup to Qatar. 

They did, but neither eufa, nor any individual countries have suggested not going.

Fans are a bit irrelevant at times when the top bods do their thing.

The Qatar World Cup is a very good point what a fucking back hander appointment that was 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Farnywhite said:

The Qatar World Cup is a very good point what a fucking back hander appointment that was 

Like you said, greed and money.

Loads of foreign workers have died building the stadiums, supposedly poor conditions etc for them.

We'll be watching just the same.

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Like you said, greed and money.

Loads of foreign workers have died building the stadiums, supposedly poor conditions etc for them.

We'll be watching just the same.

It’s true people complaining about Newcastle you might as well say about the World Cup and no demonstrations about slave labour from India to build the place 

if people want to be fair let’s put a salary and transfer cap into football . But there is no desire   from the fans or the top owners so fuck it 

The amount of money sloshing around in football, particularly English football, is unbelievable. I have long predicted the day when the tap is turned off ... but it simply doesn't. 

I still believe it will, but it's proving to be resiliant.

One day, one day ... boosh, & all fckg hell will break out. When it does, these £400k pw players won't be seen for dust. If that means playing in China  or the Middle East or some other place where civil rights are non-existent, racism rife, women treating as non-beings they won't give two shites.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The amount of money sloshing around in football, particularly English football, is unbelievable. I have long predicted the day when the tap is turned off ... but it simply doesn't. 

I still believe it will, but it's proving to be resiliant.

One day, one day ... boosh, & all fckg hell will break out. When it does, these £400k pw players won't be seen for dust. If that means playing in China  or the Middle East or some other place where civil rights are non-existent, racism rife, women treating as non-beings they won't give two shites.

The day that happens and it might well  be a home coming for English football and like you said you won’t see the players and owners for dust .

Premiere league football is a bastard child for world football but till it goes bust if it ever does then everyone who is benefiting will ride the wave .
And if you win like city ior Newcastle or Chelsea will still count in 100 yrs  

20 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Also people spoke out too late, there should have been more discussion at the time.

All caught up in FIFA corruption added to Russian corruption & lost computers. Once FIFA, its politbureau and Sepp Blatter in particular got outed the proper thing to do would have been to cancel it, but no-one had the balls.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Also people spoke out too late, there should have been more discussion at the time.

I keep saying it but when will these players with their social consciences stand up & be counted? We know they never will if it means losing money or the chance to play in a World Cup . 

48 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I keep saying it but when will these players with their social consciences stand up & be counted? We know they never will if it means losing money or the chance to play in a World Cup . 

Germany, Finland, Norway and the Dutch have all spoken up about it to be fair.

There are a lot who have, but also a lot of these are young elite level athletes who aren't politicised and have one focus.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Germany, Finland, Norway and the Dutch have all spoken up about it to be fair.

There are a lot who have, but also a lot of these are young elite level athletes who aren't politicised and have one focus.

Lots of people have spoken about the issue over here.

That's as far as it gets.

• Moderators
On 24/10/2021 at 17:42, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You may well be right.

Governments do first 

If ours wants to do business with oppressive Saudis or dodgy Russians then football can crack on