Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newcastle......The next City??????????

DomRepWanderer

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, Ani said:

Thing is he won't be given a chance, few bad results he will be gone. Ironically if he does ok and stabilises the club he will probably be gone as they seem To think they are contenders now. 

Could well be right.

They've already said they won't spend hugely in January, and I'm not sure a top manager would be prepared to risk taking the job without much backing.

Could be the same approach as city, where they will pay big money, without being ripped off because of their spending power.

Now, all you doubting Thomas', stop it.

He says he was always the new owners first chouce and he's excited to be there. He hasn't spoken today to the owners rhough.

"

Eddie Howe watching the game: "I've not spoken to them. I think they will see this performance and realise they inherit a healthy football club. We are all together here. We have had a bad start, every point matters.

"I was assured from minute one that the owners wanted me as part of any management team that comes in. I am delighted.

We will have to se what the future holds but hopefully I will still be here."

"Hopefully I will still be here" !!?? Almost expecting the sack already.

8 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Now, all you doubting Thomas', stop it.

He says he was always the new owners first chouce and he's excited to be there. He hasn't spoken today to the owners rhough.

"

Eddie Howe watching the game: "I've not spoken to them. I think they will see this performance and realise they inherit a healthy football club. We are all together here. We have had a bad start, every point matters.

"I was assured from minute one that the owners wanted me as part of any management team that comes in. I am delighted.

We will have to se what the future holds but hopefully I will still be here."

"Hopefully I will still be here" !!?? Almost expecting the sack already.

I think that quote is from Graeme Jones, not EH.

No doubt he should get them playing decent football, his biggest challenge is whether he can keep the defence solid enough and improve his transfer record. Bought some absolute shite at the end of his bournemouth career. Now got a January Warchest to turn the team from relegation fodder into something respectable.

Hope Newcastle have invested in some new scouts

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Mantra said:

No doubt he should get them playing decent football, his biggest challenge is whether he can keep the defence solid enough and improve his transfer record. Bought some absolute shite at the end of his bournemouth career. Now got a January Warchest to turn the team from relegation fodder into something respectable.

Hope Newcastle have invested in some new scouts

Thing is, he bought what he could afford at Bournemouth. Let’s see him with a money-no-object budget.

• Site Supporter
43 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He spent over £35M on Jordon Ibe and Diminic Solanke.

That's not great.

Trouble is, that's not a lot for a couple of players these days. It's all relative. They were quite young weren't they too?

Big Sam brought some duffers here; not everyone worked out.

For a club like ours, in the top flight it wasn't particularly easy to entice players in when up against the big city teams, so for Bournemouth similar issues will apply.

It will be interesting to see how he doesn't with them; though whether they will give him the time who knows.

It could also be with the thought in mind that he has experience of getting a team promoted- by the time January comes round, they could be in quite a spot of bother.

52 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

He spent over £35M on Jordon Ibe and Diminic Solanke.

That's not great.

How do Liverpool keep getting such fees for their cast off tripe? Reputation?

That Rhian Brewster is crap.  And of course N'gog. Eddie don't buy any Liverpool rejects.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Thing is, he bought what he could afford at Bournemouth. Let’s see him with a money-no-object budget.

Its a good point, but even so, i dont think it goes far enough

He couldve had 200 million to buy mbappe

But is he going to sign for bournemouth

Theres only a certain level of player thats signing for bournemouth

• 3 months later...
On 06/11/2021 at 00:16, Not in Crawley said:

Howe? I mean seriously, how? EH likes to play possession football and needs time with a team to do that. 

Newcastle need to be one hard to beat and need a manager who knows how to scrap out of relegation.

He's not what they need at all, but the owners will fuck this up.

Currently doing a good job 

Newcastle haven't won any of the domestic trophies since 1955 but will no doubt be stockpiling them in the next few years due to the Saudi Arabian state fund.Expect dodgy sponsorship deals to bypass the PL's laughable financial fair play rules

As Arsene Wenger said about Man City in a roundabout way "How can a small northern club that was in the 3rd Division not long ago attract a larger sponsorship deal than Arsenal?"

17 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Newcastle haven't won any of the domestic trophies since 1955 but will no doubt be stockpiling them in the next few years due to the Saudi Arabian state fund.Expect dodgy sponsorship deals to bypass the PL's laughable financial fair play rules

As Arsene Wenger said about Man City in a roundabout way "How can a small northern club that was in the 3rd Division not long ago attract a larger sponsorship deal than Arsenal?"

You mean the same small Northern club that smashed you tw@ts on Sunday??????