Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Newcastle......The next City??????????

DomRepWanderer

2 minutes ago, Pablo said:

You may joke, but he would do as well as Sam did, which is as good as most of the others.

Not near as bad as some make out is Bruce.

I wasnā€™t joking, Bruce is a decent manager. Newcastle fans are deluded if they think Howe will do better.

22 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I wasnā€™t joking, Bruce is a decent manager. Newcastle fans are deluded if they think Howe will do better.

Ā 

I don't mind him, just an unfashionable style of manager, he will do much much better than some trendy type managers.

Too much is made of managers, especially if its a basket-case of a football club, no manager will do well.

• Site Supporter

Howe worked wonders with Bournemouth, considering their size.

Given a chance, he may well get them playing some decent football.Ā 

Not sure he'll have the pull for prospective signings, but that might suit him. Bigger players might be attracted if improvements start on the pitch, but to get them in quick would require silly money and a big name.Ā 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Got the best out of Wilson & RitchieĀ 

Wow, heā€™s a phenomenon!

Spent millions on shit players like Ibe, Lerme, Solanke.

Most overrated manager ever, just coz heā€™s got lovely blonde hair.

7 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Eddie Howe is a perfect fit for where Newcastle currently are

Ā 

Howe? I mean seriously, how? EH likes to play possession football and needs time with a team to do that.Ā 

Newcastle need to be one hard to beat and need a manager who knows how to scrap out of relegation.

He's not what they need at all, but the owners will fuck this up.

Howe was fast becoming like Alan Curbishley, getting linked with every high (ish) profile job that comes up yet being out of the game longer and longer.

Bruce had a better track record at keeping sides up, there are question marks around Howe managing north of Watford and as said above, he's bought some shite in the past.Ā  I think he'll be another in a long line of Newcastle feck ups.

16 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Howe worked wonders with Bournemouth, considering their size.

Given a chance, he may well get them playing some decent football.Ā 

Not sure he'll have the pull for prospective signings, but that might suit him. Bigger players might be attracted if improvements start on the pitch, but to get them in quick would require silly money and a big name.Ā 

Thing is he won't be given a chance, few bad results he will be gone. Ironically if he does ok and stabilises the club he will probably be gone as they seem To think they are contenders now.Ā