Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Which youth player is it?

only1swanny

• Site Supporter

Think it was Amoateng, had about 100 kids turn up to the training, absolute professional letting kids take selfies and taking time to chat to anyone. Was genuinely pleased to meet a teacher who was a Bolton fan, asking about which games i'd been to etc.. Either way, came across as a class act. 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Traf said:

He's still on the first team squad page on the official website, which was updated as recently as Adam Senior going out on loan.

I checked following the post above and I was told it looks like he left about january

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Swanny is a big lad, won't be put off by anyone's size! :)

Tbh he was pretty skinny so might have looked taller.  Asked at work today and nobody seemed to know, was just a "Bolton player". I remember them doing a similar thing at my school when I was younger which got me into football. Great to see them doing similar and the player was a fantastic ambassador for the club 

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Great to see them doing similar and the player was a fantastic ambassador for the club 

Good to see. Just a real shame (and quite surprising) that no one at the school knows his name. Did nobody introduce him or chat to him about his career and experiences? 

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, desperado said:

Good to see. Just a real shame (and quite surprising) that no one at the school knows his name. Did nobody introduce him or chat to him about his career and experiences? 

Yeah saying he's on the verge of breaking through to the first team squad, he's apparently started with us, been elsewhere then come back. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, only1swanny said:

Yeah saying he's on the verge of breaking through to the first team squad, he's apparently started with us, been elsewhere then come back. 

Well, if we're not in a financial position to go and get anyone ready to play and improve the team come January, then sooner or later one or two of these youngsters will surely get a place on the bench.

Nothing to lose if those up top are still struggling to put it into the onion bag with any regularity.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Sounds like he talks a good tale.

Probably bought a tracksuit from sports direct. "Yeah mate, Newcastle are in for me , I started a few games".....

6 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

Sounds like he talks a good tale.

Probably bought a tracksuit from sports direct. "Yeah mate, Newcastle are in for me , I started a few games".....

Wouldn't be the first tracksuited bullshiter we've come across.