Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England games

deane koontz

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

Utterly ridiculous.

What is it with our society and having to jump all over someone who is struggling a bit?

Why not sing his name and show a bit of support? 

Fuckin nobs

You’re turning into a right Karen, just wait until I show Stew this! A life ban from the castle coming your way 😂

• Members
48 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

As for the booing they booed Ashley Cole in games too. One of our few world class players who actually turned up and put a shift in every time. There's just a minority that are thick as fook sadly, always been the case

Never understood it with Cole for England, Arsenal fair dos, but like you said he was world class. For about 10 years he was the best LB in the world. 107 caps, and booed. Ridiculous 

9 hours ago, royal white said:

You’re turning into a right Karen, just wait until I show Stew this! A life ban from the castle coming your way 😂

🤣🤣

Sorry meant to say Omg fuk the slab ed weak as piss bastard.

Edited by gonzo
Freakshow

20 hours ago, DazBob said:

Fucking morons.

Yes, he's a rag, and in a Man U shirt he should be despised ... but if you go to watch England then, for that game only, he's one of your players and should be supported.

Not sure I could ever go so far as singing a Man U player's name though :)

This is nothing new though, I can remember back to when John Barnes was regularly booed.

grow up dullard

Pot 1 Qatar, Brazil, Belgium, France, Argentina, England, Spain, Portugal.

Pot 2 Mexico, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, USA, Croatia.

Pot 3 Senegal, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Serbia, Poland, South Korea, Tunisia.

Pot 4 Cameroon, Canada, Ecuador, Saudi Arabia, Ghana, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine, Costa Rica/New Zealand, Peru/UAE/Australia.

-----

Gonna guess England will get .. Denmark, South Korea and Canada

With a couple of exceptions, the top nations aren't as top and even the African/Asian nations are going through transitional periods. 

I'm not really saying it's a bad thing in terms of a spectacle, just in my view the quality of all teams seems to have dropped across the board, but it was an exceptionally high bar.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two surprise semi-finalists this year. Then again, Croatia got to the final last time...I think we've just been spoiled the past 15 years with the likes of Spain in 10 and Germany in 14 being so good.

Edited by jmjhb

• Site Supporter

I think this is a function of age.

As we get older, I don't think we look at international football in the same way. Perhaps not as excited by seeing top players in world cups (particularly as we see them week in week out in the Premier league) so it seems the teams are worse. But I don't think they are in reality. 

I remember fondly watching Cameroon kick the fuck out of Argentina; watching in an ale house outside Lancaster, with folk I didn't know- but it was a great atmosphere with everyone cheering them on.

• Members
On 30/03/2022 at 04:49, L/H White said:

I've enjoyed England under Southgate more than any other manager in my time 

Football and results, yes. Turned off by the incessant virtue signalling though. For the first time I can remember in my life, I am starting not to give a fuck. Haven't watched the last few  games.

• Members
9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Football and results, yes. Turned off by the incessant virtue signalling though. For the first time I can remember in my life, I am starting not to give a fuck. Haven't watched the last few  games.

I’m sure they’ll be gutted. 

Imagine living in a time where your national side is the best it’s been in 50 years and blushing and boycotting watching them over apparent virtue signalling. 
You massive fanny.